How long do you usually go to Disney? (Non- locals)

My family is from Minnesota so typically we fly although we are thinking of driving down for our next trip. We have stayed at the least 6 nights and at the most 9 nights. That 9 night trip was the Poly and it was the best. Even at 9 nights, I was not ready to go home.

We’ve stayed 10 days for each of our past trips. For our trip next year, we’re looking at 8 days and that feels so short to me. We like to spend a lot of time at the resort and we don’t park hop.

Our next trip is 16 days and I am soooo ready! My husband has epilepsy and needs days in between parks to relax from the go-go-go and crowds (which may not be a problem this trip). We usually do a couple of park and then a resort day and continue that schedule until the end of the vacation.

Last edited:

When we went last year, we stayed 5 nights which was just right for us. How much is 'right' for you/your family depends upon a lot of factors. What is your vacation budget, what are the ages of your children and are you the go/go/go type or a family who prefers a more relaxing approach? No one formula is right for everyone. The parks involve a LOT more walking then most people are probably used to, so it also depends on how fit you might be.

Our first trip (2007) was 6 nights which I felt was good. Kids were very little. Our next trip (2011) we stayed 10 nights because of a lack of flights home. So that started our trend of the perfect vacation. We look forward to our next trip and hope to make it a 2 weeker sans enfant :)

Our optimal vacation is Wednesday to Monday = 5N. It's long enough to be on vacation, it's over a weekend so it takes less vacation time and if something is up at home the weekend allows for relatives to address the situation without missing time from work.

We’re a family of 5, which includes 3 children 7 and under. We live in Georgia so it’s a very easy drive. Our trips range anywhere from a 3-night getaway to a week-long trip.

We usually go for 10-14 nights depending on the time of year. Usually have a split stay on site between Wilderness Lodge, Poly and/or CR. We find 10-12 days is optimal to give us time to do everything we want yet not get burn out. We go longer sometimes to visit family outside of the Parks or other attractions such as the Space Center etc... However, that is Pre-COVID19. Was watching RTV1's live stream last night and it made me want to go to the Poly! lol

We used to go for 14 nights, back when the CAD dollar was almost at par with US currency; we now stay anywhere between 4 and 9 nights. Sometimes we drive, other times we fly but we always travel during the value season of August or December.

I've done 6 nights, 5 nights, 8 nights and what should have been 7 nights in the last few years.

My next trip, god willing, is going to be 2 weeks or as close as I can get to it.

Cost is a huge factor to a lot of people because it's super expensive as everyone knows. So any time you can get down there is special. If money is not a barrier to entry, I have to say 10-14 days is a pretty good sweet spot. I think the more time I go down there, the less rush I'd feel for my normal park days and the trip can be more relaxing.

10 nights has been our average, however, the next trip after this terrible virus is in control will be 14 days. We will patiently wait until things are back to normal and enjoy all that Disney can offer

We’re doing four nights in October, which I have the feeling will go by quickly... our norm since joining DVC 10 years ago has been 10 nights every other year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter