How long do your Crocs last?

cjnix29

DIS Veteran
I bought a pair in June, and wear them all the time. I have noticed that the treads are wearing out, and they definitely are not as cushy. What is the average life span of a pair of crocs?

I wear mine for work in a hospital and I have to say they lasted about a year before I notice that I was starting to have my feet hurt again.

I have noticed that the tread wears out very quickly. Very big drawback to the $30 price tag. I have not noticed the cushy factor yet!

dawgsgirl said:
I have noticed that the tread wears out very quickly. Very big drawback to the $30 price tag. I have not noticed the cushy factor yet!

Does anyone wear them all day long? Had any problems wearing them all day with all the walking at WDW? Thanks.

:dance3: :dance3: :dance3: :dance3:

I bought mine early last fall and I am just now starting to notice that they aren't as cushy and my feet start feeling sore after a lot of walking. I probably wear mine about 3-4 days a week all day. I just commented to my dh this morning that I think it's about time to replace them.

T.

I wore all 14 pairs on a rotation for about a year now. I did notice at the 9 to 10 month mark that I had lost so much tread that I DO slip when they are wet. I fell with some on! It was not fun, since I counted on them from keeping me from slipping...
I have found that they get harder to clean, and have little or no tread on all pairs. I still wear them.. well, I will in another month or 2. I also have 3 pair of the Athens flip flop type CROCS. I have worn these for 3 months now and they are still very cushy. The other 14 pair are in various stages of comfort.. mostly still cushy, but the orginal ones I got 17 months ago are not as comfy as the others.
I had a very badly injured left foot, and surgy on my right knee. For a year these are the only shoes I COULD wear! With the extrem swelling on the foot, and the pain in the knee..., well, they helped a ton. I did check with my doctors and 2 out of 3 approved, the other wanted lace up shoes, but I couldn't fit my foot in for over 1/2 of this time! Even my Phy Therpist isn't to against them...
Someone on another post said that they placed them in their dishwasher and forgot to turn off the heated dry... they shrunk. But then another poster said they did the same thing and they stretched out to fit good as new! Might try it as some of them are really stretched out on the left foot and way to big now....

I bought the Athens the end of May. I wear them to work 1-2 x's a week but I sit at a desk. I am actually disappointed how fast the bottom has worn off. I slipped in the snackbar at the football field last night. For the price I think they would hold up a little better. I figured this pair would make it to WDW as I stop wearing flips in about a month and I have a gazillion pairs of various brands that I rotate thru. I think if I want the Athens I am going to have to buy another pair.

I really like them, but I am not sure I like them at $30 for a couple of months of occassional wear.

I bought mine in April and my treads are about gone. They're still fairly cushy though. My treads wore down very quickly. I am a sahm, but I have worn them almost exclusively since I got them.

I think this may be related to size to some extent....maybe heavier folks weare the material down faster? Or maybe its just how I walk?

I'm debating now...because for $40 at Sams I could get more Birkenstocks that usually hold up for a good year + (and much longer if I don't worry about the tread)....but I do need something that doesn't get slimy when its wet. Birkies are gross wet.

I puchased Athens in May and the tread is almost gone. I emailed Crocs about it, but didn't receive a response. It is disappointing since my Teva Mush are over 2 years old and fine.

Lesley said:
I bought mine in April and my treads are about gone. They're still fairly cushy though. My treads wore down very quickly. I am a sahm, but I have worn them almost exclusively since I got them.

I think this may be related to size to some extent....maybe heavier folks weare the material down faster? Or maybe its just how I walk?

You know, you could be onto something with this theory.

I bought my first pair of Crocs last fall, and their tread is worn down the same as my husband's, who's only had his Crocs since early summer. He is definitely heavier than I am, however, he wears his Crocs at least 50% more than I do (I can't wear them to work, he wears his quite a lot). He has only noticed the lack of tread when wearing them while fishing -- he said he slips on the wet dirt paths near the lake, but on concrete, they're fine. Personally, I think he'd slip on muddy downhill paths in ANY shoe, but who knows. It may be time for him to get a new pair of Crocs. :confused3

If I bought a pair of Croc's, they would last for ever. They are so butt ugly, that I would never wear them. :rotfl2:

dawgsgirl said:

2nd this - My crocs are in phenomenal shape EXCEPT for the treads. :confused3

Mickey&Donald said:
You know, you could be onto something with this theory.

I dont know about the weight theory. My son is 11 - weighs much less than me, and his treads wear down to practically FLAT - in fact, they are flat, after just a few months.

He does wear them daily - but still.... :confused3

I think that it would help if the treads were made out of a stronger version of the cushy stuff the main shoe is made of... Goodness knows they couldn't cost much more to make! I also wondered if the bottoms were going cause I am of over ample size and weight... :lmao: ....and the 11yo I figure it is cause they never walk, but run, and all the time?!

Anyway, wish the bottoms lasted a lot longer.
And I got my Athens for only $19.99 at Dicks Sporting Goods in West Ashley, South Carolina... because a local Med supply store had them for that amount, only not in my size. So the Dicks manager price matched them for me. Got 2 more pairs... so I rotate 3 pairs out. Only I lost one of the pairs, when I find them I will note how the other 2 pair have worn away the last 3 months, as they are the ONLY shoes I have worn!

I think kids wear down treads faster too....kids just wear everything harder than adults. I think as far as weight I'm comparing someone in the same shoe size.....there are women with size 8 feet ranging from 100lbs to probably over 200lbs, for example. I think the softer material of these soles is likely to wear faster than other soles regardless of this, but I think it may be more pronounced depending on weight. Perhaps walking style makes a difference too. I don't lift my feet really far when I step (gives me a tendency to trip on things, honestly) so maybe that's it too. And that has been an issue from the time I was a skinny kid...

I haven't thought about the comparison of crocs to tevas. Honestly my Tevas have held up for years with no appreciable tread wear...but the glue recently let go between the tread and the footbed. But they are not nearly as comfortable as my crocs and I HATE the velcro....when my babies were smaller I couldn't take them off if they were sleeping, the sound would wake them up!

I just got a pair of the "prima" balerina flats and tossed them in they dryer to strech them out, then they streched kind of strangely, so i did it again and they came out looking new and un-streched, perhaps if you tossed unsquishy crocs in the dryer for a few minutes (just make sure they don't catch on the closure of the dryer, i accadently snagged my mom's brand new crocs on it, luckally you can hardly tell because its along one of the grooves on the side :teeth: )it would make them squishy and new again. I think you can buy like, little clear sticky dots for the bottoms of shoes that add traction, but I could be crazy. Also, on the crocs website, they have this stuff called croc butter that makes your crocs look shiny and new again, I'm assuming it's just vasoline. Just some guesses guys!

The treads on all of mine are wearing down, but what I've really noticed is that both pairs of just my Aspens have started squeaking. It sounds like its coming from inside the heels and is really loud at times. My Beach, Niles, and Athens don't do this. Of course I wear my Aspens to work every night, so they get alot more wear than the other ones.

aubriee said:
The treads on all of mine are wearing down, but what I've really noticed is that both pairs of just my Aspens have started squeaking. It sounds like its coming from inside the heels and is really loud at times. My Beach, Niles, and Athens don't do this. Of course I wear my Aspens to work every night, so they get alot more wear than the other ones.

I just purchased a pair of Athens and they are squeaking like crazy. I don't think it has anything to do with the fact you have worn your Aspens a lot because mine are new.

One word of caution - I bought my Crocs at the beginning of summer and wore them constantly to make sure I could stand them all day in Disney. The treads on the bottom seemed to wear pretty quickly but my feet were always comfy, so off to Disney they went. I quickly found out that certain pavements when wet are extremely slippery in Crocs. In fact, the night we were at DTD a man wearing Crocs slipped on the sidewalk and took a nasty fall. I was able to walk in them all day, but I would make sure the pair I take next time has adequate treads on the bottom!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter