• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How long does it take for a cancellation to process?

AllesonWonderland

DIS Veteran
Just wondering how long it would take if someone cancels their reservation for that availability to show up on the online reservations system. Does it immediately go back? Or are they only processed during certain hours? TIA

I just cancelled a reservation for September. It showed up in the system as cancelled in only a matter of minutes.

I was having issues with a CRT ressie yesterday that I could see but WDW DINE could not. It took about 2 hours for it to show up on their end.

But, how long before that table becomes available for someone else to book?

It can show up immediately - but that doesn't mean that it always will. Last summer, I canceled a seating at Le Cellier. Just as a test, I tried to book the restaurant right away, and the time I had just canceled showed up as available, when it had been full before my cancellation.

I have had one show up immediately and another (Chef Mickey) i dont know whether someone had such great timing that they snagged it right away or it didnt show up for a while.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter