How Long does it take to get a das

My mistake we talked and my mom did not realize that the lines in animal kingdom were main stream in other words 1.she did not realize the ecv could go though the lines and she and I both have faith that dh can make in the reg line no das needed as far as she is convinced she said she does not need a wheelchair
well the good thing is that if you find your DH is having a hard time with the line ( and not the normal I do not want to wait in a line) then you can go to GR and talk to them about what is going on. also if you find your MIL is having a hard time walking standing you can get a wheel chair or ECV for her. I would have a few ECV/wheel chair company in your phone or on a pice of paper incase you/she needs it. Disney dose have there own but they are harder to push and the ECV are big and people do not relise how much walking standing they do at Disney compared to there every day life

We just got back and averaged over 8 miles of walking a day. And that's with me having a bladder issue that sent me to urgent care and the ER. So, if you don't usually walk miles a day, I'd suggest renting the smallest scooter that will handle a person's weight. Don't go for the bells and whistles canopy, huge monsters that I saw in the parks last week. Those were so cumbersome that they could barely get through a moderate crowd of people. Also, the smaller scooters are easier to get on and off the bus.

My mistake we talked and my mom did not realize that the lines in animal kingdom were main stream in other words 1.she did not realize the ecv could go though the lines and she and I both have faith that dh can make in the reg line no das needed as far as she is convinced she said she does not need a wheelchair

Your mom can plan on going without a chair but you can always rent one for just a few hours at night if it is not longer manageable.

Tinkerbellandeeyor - when you get to the park go to Guest Services and explain why your husband needs assistance. If waiting in line creates stress and anxiety explain that to them. They will be very helpful.
It really doesn't matter if his disability is noticeable or not - many disabilities are not noticeable. Do not let that prevent you from asking for a DAS.
The DAS will not get you on the rides more quickly than waiting in line. If you get to a ride at 9:00 and the line for the ride is 60 minutes then they will give you a return time of 10:00. The benefit of this is that rather than standing in line you can go sit somewhere or go on a ride that has little or no waiting time. You can get only one DAS pass at a time. And, you have to use it prior to getting another one.
I would advise you to book your 3 daily fast passes on line as soon as your booking date is available. Get fast passes for the rides that are most important to you.
Enjoy your trip - make it as stress free as possible! You know what is best for your family!

I know it seem like people with a DAS get more out things because as you just put we are not standing in 45 minute line, but things I have done while wait for my return time have been yes doing one of my FP rides, shopping, eating but I have all so been in the back of an ambience going to the ER, in first aid, but most of the time just sitting some where that is quiet with my ear buds in listing to music.

Totally agree just because we're not waiting in line doesn't mean we're necessary getting an enhanced experience - actually us probably having the pass enhances other people's experience; as spending 45 minutes in a line with someone having a sensory or anxiety meltdown isn't a fun way for anyone to spend their day.

Although back to the OP with the 3 FP+ (and if your lucky any extra you can get after these have finished) and if you get to the parks early going to the least popular attraction first, you normally get on really quickly. you might find you only need (if you get it) the DAS a couple of time a day.

As you'll also probably want to take a few breaks.

Just need to be really clear with the CM as to why you need the pass.

Oh and lastly I found the GS at Epcot's International Gateway the least crowded on the times I've been and they're very nice and lovely (as I'm sure the other GR are as well)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!