how long does it take to signup for Emerald Club?

disneyberry

Dreaming of adventure
DVC Premium
hi, i've got more National questions.

i've got a few-months-old fee-waived EC application which i never got around to mailing in.
i had ordered the application 2 mos before my DisneyClub membership expired.
but i never got around to filling it out and mailing it in.

anyway, we leave for our trip in less than 3 weeks.
and we might want to rent a car with National.

so, how long would it take National to process my EC application if i mailed it in?

is it faster if i fax it to them? does anyone know where i fax it to?

also, i was a bit worried because now, technically, my DisneyClub membership expired already, so can i still use this fee-waived EC application?

Heres a link to an on-line app that will give you you're number immediately also print out the picture of the emerald club card it produces at the end. Make sure you fill in the DC contract code where requested for the fee being waived.

EC App Link

You will need a valid, non expired DC number to activate this fee waived EC membership.

Originally posted by GAIL HAYDEN
You will need a valid, non expired DC number to activate this fee waived EC membership.

i understand this is true for filling out the online application.

however, since i ordered the paper fee-waived application 3 months ago when i still had a valid DisneyClub#, do you think i can still use the paper application they sent me?

i don't see anything on the paper application that indicates a ContractID# is required. it merely says FEE WAIVED.

btw, does anyone know the answers to my original questions (in bold)? thanks.

so, how long would it take National to process my EC application if i mailed it in?
is it faster if i fax it to them? does anyone know where i fax it to?

Call them and ask.

You are no longer a DC member, therefore, you do not qualify for a fee waived membership. In the process they will ask for a valid number.

I had an application faxed to me last week. They told me that if you mail it back in, it will take 4-6 weeks to process and to receive a membership card.
However, you can also take the application to a National location near you and they will process it on the spot.
I did this last weekend. It's all processed and I received a temporary membership card. I was told that I would receive the permanent one with my name on it in 4-6 weeks.
I even logged into the website with my membership number and it pulled up my address and everything that was on the application.
Hope that helps!

Originally posted by GAIL HAYDEN
You are no longer a DC member, therefore, you do not qualify for a fee waived membership. In the process they will ask for a valid number.

:( boo hoo! isn't it sad when your DC membership expires? and i was sooo close, it just ended last month. why oh why didn't i mail in the app when i had the chance?

anyway. thanks for all the answers, everyone!

Disneyberry,
If I were you I would call them. While National loves to pretend that they get $50 for all memberships, the truth is they give LOTS of them away. You might just convince them to give you yours if you tell them the story.

They don't really make money off the memberships, they make money off the fact that now that you have the membership you are more likely to rent from them.

I got a free membership 10 years ago and have never paid a penny to keep it active!

boo hoo! isn't it sad when your DC membership expires? and i was sooo close, it just ended last month. why oh why didn't i mail in the app when i had the chance?

Yep, it sure is, but, we will all be singing those blues on 12/03 when the program ends. You won't be alone.

But, Carol has given you some great advice, give them a call.

I just signed up for Emerald Club online for free the other day and it was SO easy!

First go to mousesavers.com, click on Disney World, then Rental Cars, then National, then click on Emerald Club then there's a section that mentions travel agencies that offer free online membership. I was skeptical, but basically it just transferred me to the National website with that Travel agency(starting with a T) listed in the web address.

After completing the form (which requires a credit card) you will automatically see your card number on the screen - just print it out (I think someone else mentioned that)!

I hope this makes sense.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter