how long is qs meal with mobile ordering?

Lisa F

is a very wise woman
can you be in and out in about 30-35 minutes? Assuming it takes about 20 minutes to eat.

It was a bit longer for us at Satu'li but Pandora had opened the weekend before we were at the park. The eating took longer than 20 minutes, for us. I ordered right outside the door and it was ready for pick-up within about 15 minutes. I know my youngest was complaining about the wait :rolleyes2. Heaven forbid they cook it after you order.

You have an excellent chance if it's not slammed.

We've only done it once (at Cosmic Ray's) and it was super fast. We ordered as we walked over from Space Mountain and went to the mobile order pick up line (we were the only ones in the line!). Food was out within a minute of us showing up so from ordering to pick up it was about 5 minutes! Our issue was finding a place to sit as it was rather busy (about 6 pm so prime dinner time). We were definitely out within 30 minutes though so if everything runs smoothly, you shouldn't have a problem.

It is super fast, less than 10 minutes from the time you order, we have used it 3x and really love the convenience, saves tons of time. Those regular order queues seem to move at a snails pace!

Are they working toward allowing dining credits?

No one knows, but the running theory is they probably won't because that would put too many people in the system using mobile ordering and thus negate the time-saving component. The whole point is to skip the line and hopefully make the lines more manageable, so if everyone uses mobile ordering, all you do is move the line to the pick up instead of the ordering and that would be a mess.

can you be in and out in about 30-35 minutes? Assuming it takes about 20 minutes to eat.
Definitely. Order it on the walk there. You can say you’re there maybe 3 or 4 minutes before you’re actually there so your food is ready pretty much the moment you get there, all prepaid you just need to eat it! So literally however long it takes you to eat is the amount of time it will take.

You can, but you can't pay for it with dining plan credits. Credit card only.
Can you charge to your room via Magic Band?

ETA: Reading elsewhere, I'm assuming "no" re: MB charging to the room.

I wonder about Disney Gift Cards?

Last edited:
I always click "I'm Here - Prepare My Order" before I get there ... I click prepare order, usually stop at the restroom and by the time I'm inside, my tray is ready for me to pick up! The more time-consuming part is finding a place to sit at a busy time, but I'm usually in and out in 20 minutes max.

we've been happy with online ordering. i agree with sending the "we're here" before we get there. It seems to take 10 minutes or so to prepare your order. So we text that we are there about 5 minutes before we arrive and wait a very short time. If you can eat in 20 minutes (we don't), you could be out in 35 minutes.

No, it's credit or debit card.
Oh well. We'll just hit places at off times. I think most of our eating will be at the Holiday Kitchens and at the resort anyway. I just thought it'd be cool to try. Thanks for the info!

Can you charge to your room via Magic Band?

ETA: Reading elsewhere, I'm assuming "no" re: MB charging to the room.

I wonder about Disney Gift Cards?
IMO the only point in charging to the MB is convenience. If they charge it to the card I have on file with disney through the app directly there is nothing more convenient about using a MB. in fact it adds an extra step.

Mobile ordering? How handy! Is this available at lots of QS restaurants? I can see us liking this for our trip in March.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter