How long to get to MCO?

robshelle

Earning My Ears
So our flights changed, and now we aren’t leaving back to Canada until 5:30 PM on Saturday feb 3. So this means we can now have another 1/2 day in the park, yeah! My question is what time should we plan on leaving WDW area to safely get to MCO, return our car and go through security. I am thinking 2pm, gives us 1 1/2 hours for drive and return rental car, then 2 hours at airport. Does that seam reasonable, or could we go even a bit longer? Many thanks

That sounds about right. You might could even push it to 2:30, since three hours is the norm for DME. But I wonder...
Do flights to Canada require normal international rules (customs, etc)? I know that flights to Europe require a much earlier arrival. Just wondering.

I will add this, too. Rental car return for on-site rental agencies is pretty quick. It's never taken us more than 5 or 10 minutes.

So our flights changed, and now we aren’t leaving back to Canada until 5:30 PM on Saturday feb 3. So this means we can now have another 1/2 day in the park, yeah! My question is what time should we plan on leaving WDW area to safely get to MCO, return our car and go through security. I am thinking 2pm, gives us 1 1/2 hours for drive and return rental car, then 2 hours at airport. Does that seam reasonable, or could we go even a bit longer? Many thanks

Where is the car return? Is it right at the terminal or is it somewhere you have to take their shuttle? That can make a big difference. Once I made the mistake of renting from one of the places that shuttles you somewhere away from the terminal to pick up the rental car, and when we returned to MCO that almost made us miss our flight because we had to wait almost an hour for a shuttle to take us to the terminal. So definitely build extra time into your plans if you need to wait for the rental agency shuttle.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!