How loud is Rise of the Resistance?

JM23457

Registered
I'm interested in doing Rise of the Resistance next month, but have very sensitive ears. How loud is it? As loud / louder than a Main Street hub fireworks show, or Rockin' Roller Coaster, for example? Or more like Star Tours in terms of sound level? Btw I've read descriptions of the ride, and am not concerned about spoilers. Thanks.

Last edited:

LizzyDragon

Mouseketeer
I didn't noticed the sound levels. Everything was loud enough that I understood what was being said, but it wasn't like fireworks loud where you feel the bass rocking your body. The ride seemed pretty on par with most other attractions.

• JM23457

Registered
    Earplugs?
    Yes, I'll have earplugs which I already wear on most rides, & sometimes also over ear protective headphones. I still need an idea of how loud the ride is as I've read it includes loud noises, and there is a certain level of noise that I simply have to avoid.

Rock n' Roller Coaster is way too loud for me, for example. Being directly below a fireworks display is too much for me. I can ride Big Thunder, Expedition Everest, Dinosaur, Flight of Passage, or Star Tours & be okay, though.

Last edited:

LizzyDragon

Mouseketeer
    I do remember some combat scenes that were probably the loudest, but I don't think it got to RnR loud. Unfortunately, I've only been on RotR once and obviously it's been a few months since I've been on it. I'm not sure when your trip is, but I'm going again in mid-August, so can provide more details then.

JM23457

Registered
    I do remember some combat scenes that were probably the loudest, but I don't think it got to RnR loud. Unfortunately, I've only been on RotR once and obviously it's been a few months since I've been on it. I'm not sure when your trip is, but I'm going again in mid-August, so can provide more details then.
    We're going in July, but thanks very much.

sara_s

DIS Veteran
    Yes, I'll have earplugs which I already wear on most rides, & sometimes also over ear protective headphones. I still need an idea of how loud the ride is as I've read it includes loud noises, and there is a certain level of noise that I simply have to avoid.

Rock n' Roller Coaster is way too loud for me, for example. Being directly below a fireworks display is too much for me. I can ride Big Thunder, Expedition Everest, Dinosaur, Flight of Passage, or Star Tours & be okay, though.
    I feel like if you can do Dinosaur, you should be ok with ROTR. There's a lot going on during it but the sound seems well mixed.

• niccikatie

Mouseketeer
    I feel like if you can do Dinosaur, you should be ok with ROTR. There's a lot going on during it but the sound seems well mixed.
    I was worried for you until you said Dinosaur was okay. It seemed pretty on par with that to me, too.

Walt Disney World Resort Reservations Available Through End of 2021

Connect

Disney News and Updates

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR DAILY EMAIL
    Subscribe and never miss out on Disney News, Deals and Updates.