How loud is Rise of the Resistance?

JM23457

Registered
I'm interested in doing Rise of the Resistance next month, but have very sensitive ears. How loud is it? As loud / louder than a Main Street hub fireworks show, or Rockin' Roller Coaster, for example? Or more like Star Tours in terms of sound level? Btw I've read descriptions of the ride, and am not concerned about spoilers. Thanks.

Last edited:
I didn't noticed the sound levels. Everything was loud enough that I understood what was being said, but it wasn't like fireworks loud where you feel the bass rocking your body. The ride seemed pretty on par with most other attractions.

Earplugs?
Yes, I'll have earplugs which I already wear on most rides, & sometimes also over ear protective headphones. I still need an idea of how loud the ride is as I've read it includes loud noises, and there is a certain level of noise that I simply have to avoid.

Rock n' Roller Coaster is way too loud for me, for example. Being directly below a fireworks display is too much for me. I can ride Big Thunder, Expedition Everest, Dinosaur, Flight of Passage, or Star Tours & be okay, though.

Last edited:

I do remember some combat scenes that were probably the loudest, but I don't think it got to RnR loud. Unfortunately, I've only been on RotR once and obviously it's been a few months since I've been on it. I'm not sure when your trip is, but I'm going again in mid-August, so can provide more details then.

I do remember some combat scenes that were probably the loudest, but I don't think it got to RnR loud. Unfortunately, I've only been on RotR once and obviously it's been a few months since I've been on it. I'm not sure when your trip is, but I'm going again in mid-August, so can provide more details then.
We're going in July, but thanks very much.

Yes, I'll have earplugs which I already wear on most rides, & sometimes also over ear protective headphones. I still need an idea of how loud the ride is as I've read it includes loud noises, and there is a certain level of noise that I simply have to avoid.

Rock n' Roller Coaster is way too loud for me, for example. Being directly below a fireworks display is too much for me. I can ride Big Thunder, Expedition Everest, Dinosaur, Flight of Passage, or Star Tours & be okay, though.
I feel like if you can do Dinosaur, you should be ok with ROTR. There's a lot going on during it but the sound seems well mixed.

I feel like if you can do Dinosaur, you should be ok with ROTR. There's a lot going on during it but the sound seems well mixed.
I was worried for you until you said Dinosaur was okay. It seemed pretty on par with that to me, too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!