How many days away before you start packing?

31 days before the first leg of my journey (flying to GA then driving with family). I started packing because the planning gets me so excited, I’ve practically forgotten Thanksgiving because I’m so focused on this Disney trip 😂

I have a bag of some things I know are going — M&M containers of quarters & pennies, sharpies for autographs, moleskin and bandaids for blisters, a feather boa to decorate my ECV 😂. Just ordered BitBelts to make sure our magic hands stay put…. Assembling all the things I want to take but won’t need at home

I will start collecting things this weekend. I will pack mid week and do a final suitcase check and pack my carryon on Friday. We leave at 5am, next Saturday!

I start slowly packing two weeks before. If I don't start gradually getting things together ahead of time, I will go into panic mode the morning we need to leave and end up forgetting half the things that were on my packing list (let's talk about the trip to St. Louis when I had to buy socks because I packed double the amount that my then-two y/o son needed, and none of my own...). So two weeks before, I start slowly packing, and things that can't be packed that early start getting gradually moved to a couple of central locations in the house, so that when I am able to pack them, they're all in the same place.

I keep my Disney bags packed at all times - that way, all I need to do is throw ‘em in the car and head south!

I like packing a bit in advance, but I think I've been discouraged of packing very early when I had to unpack my suitcase after our March 2020 trip was cancelled due to Covid :laughing: unpacking is bad enough on its own, unpacking when you didn't get to go is even worse.

That being said, I already have mental lists of which outfits we're gonna bring and what we still need to buy before we go. I'll start getting things situated in the week leading to our departure, and we always leave a few things up to the last day (electronics and chargers, medication, some of our toiletries, etc).

We have a semi spur-of-the-moment quick trip coming up. I booked and planned it just a month ago but once I did, I started picking up a few things here and there. We leave at 2:00 p.m. this Thursday and I started packing last night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!