How many days Jan 6-12 time frame?

Isatricia

Mouseketeer
First time going to Universal Orlando. Been to WDW once for 8 days and to DLR twice (in recent years with kids - many times prior to kids), spent 4 days and never got bored. 2 homeschooled girls 12 & 14, love roller coasters and Harry Potter so when we travel is not limited by a school schedule. We are planning to go early January, but I can't decide how many days. Crowd calendars say that Jan 8-12 is low crowds and I am thinking of staying at Portofino Bay or Hard Rock, so we would have express passes. I know it is a very personal decision, but how many days would you go for with low crowds and express passes? My biggest problem is that the girls have team practices on Saturday mornings with a competition 2 weeks after we get home. The coach really doesn't want them to miss 2 practices....so I am trying to decide if we could have fun and not feel like we are missing out and be home by the 13th. Prior to Jan 8, the crowd calendar appears busier, but will that matter with express passes if we go on Saturday or Sunday?

Thanks!!

If it was me I would go for as many days as I could so I can relax and enjoy everything. Obviously busier days are going to affect things that don't use express passes, but you could use the expresses those days and do other things on the less busy days like walk around harry potter.

I think with 6 days you would enjoy yourself. So fly in Sat night and home Friday night. I also prefer longer trips but I think with EP you will have a great trip and see everything.

I would not worry about how busy it might be on a weekend if you have express pass.

Price it out for 7 nights as you might find that is cheaper than 6 nights because of the multi night discount.
Even if you dont stay the last night you can keep the room as late as you need it and get a late flight home
Honestly if you get four full days in your fine - but having the extra days gives you some flexibility and a chance to enjoy the hotels etc..

Seaworld is always a good day as well and the offer a free bus from Citywalk to seaworld

Not sure what you plan is around tickets - once you get into a 4 or 5 day ticket you may be better off buying a season pass - just look at the blackout dates etc... so you know what you are getting.
Your dates should not be an issue. I find the season pass gives me a lot more flexibility - I just stayed 9 nights and was able to visit the parks every day - even if it was only for an hour or two

Also make sure you get the park to park pass if you buy tickets - so you can take the HP train between parks
If your not going to do Volcano Bay then you only need the 2 park tickets - they really are pushing the 3 park tickets
Volcano Bay In January may not be all that much fun

We went in May a few years ago and saw both parks in the same day. The pace was medium to faster but we were able to hit most everything over both parks including the Hogwarts Express.

I'd recommend at least one day for each if you want a slower pace ( we didn't shop much and did counter service meals ).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter