How many days was your SHORTEST Florida/WDW trip?

SandraC

Longs for the feeling of sandy salt water in her k
Hi! My wheels are turning and I'd love a quicky trip (probably won't happen, but still planning anyway LOL) so I need your advice AGAIN!

What is your shortest DRIVING trip from Southern Ontario to WDW? Is a week too short? We would definately stay over someplace on the way down and back and want one rest day at home before work. THANKS! S

We've gone for only a week on several occasions. We used to drive straight through on the way down and take two days to come home - but now we drive maybe 16 or 18 hours the first day, and have a short drive to Disney the 2nd day. Honestly - I'm just happy to go and we LIKE driving, but . . . having only a week when you're driving can be tiring. When you get home, you feel like you could use a vacation to recover!! Still, I would do it again (and probably will). LOL!

Our shortest trip was this past Easter. When I realized that the Orthodox Easter wasn't until much later in the year I booked 5 days at CBR. We flew in Friday, came home late Tuesday (technically it was Wednesday) Even though it was short it was way better than any other time I have been or the first time I took DD. Being a single parent and being the only driver, this time relied on Disney Transportation. It was great just hopping onto the bus and being driven back to the resort. We also took advantage of going back in the afternoon to relax by the pool. DD and I had the best time!

Scratch
:smooth:

Nancy, how does a week next August sound? I think that the girls would like one last go before they begin the travelling that goes with the Junior Amabile choir :D . Sharing has it's rewards, dontcha think? :p :jester: :p

Hi Sandra, this is what we have done at March Break, giving us 6 nights/5 1/2 days at Disney: Leave Friday night after work, drive to Lima, Ohio. Saturday, drive as far as Byron, Georgia (just south of Macon) for the night.

We take the back-way in, exiting Florida's Turnpike at Hwy 27 then exit at 192 and follow the signs to your resort area. We stop at a nice new Publix on the way in on Hwy 27 just before 192, to pick up groceries and arrive at Disney after lunch to mid-afternoon depending on what time we get going in the morning and how long we stop at Florida's Welcome Centre. This way we are not absolutely exhausted when we arrive.

We check in and go to DTD to walk around a bit and relax after the drive.

On the way home we split the trip into 2 days, stopping in Knoxville. It's not really that bad of a trip home because we are well rested (or rather Dh is, because he does the driving and all he does is relax and play golf in Florida!)

Thanks Julie, my dh likes to do all the driving. He can't relax if someone else is driving ~ control issues I guess, LOL. I didn't mind this summers drive to Ohio at all, in fact it was very enjoyable. Last March Break, did you stay at ASMu? Did you get a code? I know we are planning March 2004 for sure, but dh and I haven't ruled out March 2003! THANKS! S

LOL Sandra, my dh is just the same about driving! Yes, we stayed at ASMu this past March Break with a code for $79. The regular rate was $109. since this is Peak time. However, just to make sure that we didn't encounter any delays due to weather, (you never know when you book weeks in advance and I like to play it "safe"), I booked the Sunday arrival night at Comfort Inn Lake Buena Vista via the Internet which I got for $38.42 taxes included, which I could cancel by 4pm day of arrival if we were delayed. The funny thing was that we had also stayed there our first night, back in summer 2000 before checking into Dixie Landings and I was so excited about going back at WDW after 13 years, that I didn't remember one thing about the hotel except standing in line at check-in. When we stayed there the one night this past March, nothing was familiar at all! LOL!

THANKS! It's like the Twilight Zone in my house lately. DH is bring up WDW trip chat. Usually I bore everyone to tears talking and talking and talking about WDW trips! Our computer is in our kitchen and can be seen from the dinning room table ~ most nights, I pop in the WDW Vacation Planning CD ROM and we listen as we have dinner ~ ds can see the monitor easily so it keeps him quiet.

Last night dh asked about WDW resorts ~ we talked for an hour about where we want to stay next trip. When I bring up the possibility of driving March 2003 AND March 2004 ~ he says, "I'm not ruling anything out!" THAT'S GREAT NEWS! I think dd's recent Sick Kids appt has him thinking time is of the essence.

PS: My brother went to Korea this week ~ he'll be teaching english for a year! WOW!

It wasn't driving. But we arrived in Florida on Thursday Morning and flew home on Sun.

My wife has driven many times with her first family - usually for march break (9 days total duration). I have only had 'virtual' trips by car as I have always subsequently found a cheap way to fly (usually by using miles) and had to cancel the en-route hotels.

Our shortest trip when flying has been: arrive Saturday lunchtime and leave Sunday just after lunch. This has happened twice - once when snow cancelled Friday night flying on a birthday trip (who needs a birthday in February) and again after 9/11 when the airline cancelled all Friday evening flights from BUF to MCO ;-(

Julian

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter