How Many DCL Trips Have You Taken?

We've done 6 with #7 coming up this August, #8 this October and #9 in August 2020. I haven't spoken with anyone who has cruised over 100 times, but I know we won't be doing that many lol Our current goal is to get to Platinum, hopefully by the time the first of the 3 new ships sets sail.

We have done 7 and number 8 is booked. My question for those who do more than 1 cruise a year; don’t you get bored with the menus, shows and other entertainment? There are only 4 ships and a limited number of itineraries. The trivia questions repeat as well. I adore DCL and love the vacations, but we are cruising on a different line this summer for a change of pace.

How do you all afford so many dcl cruises?! I did one in 2015 that set me back almost 3k for an inside room. Their prices just seem insane.

We also book on opening day for a special itinerary that catches our eye.
We are Florida residents, so we sometimes will grab a good deal that way.

We've been on 10 with #11 booked for this January.

We have done 7 and number 8 is booked. My question for those who do more than 1 cruise a year; don’t you get bored with the menus, shows and other entertainment? There are only 4 ships and a limited number of itineraries. The trivia questions repeat as well. I adore DCL and love the vacations, but we are cruising on a different line this summer for a change of pace.

I have done more than one a year a few times and yes, we did. So we don't go to the shows every cruise and order different food from the menus or if we are in port late we may even skip dinner on the ship to eat in port. We've not repeated the same itinerary much, with the exception of the southerns and we did do two Bahamas cruises a few years apart so at least some of the menus and offerings have always been different. I haven't really noticed the trivia questions repeating. A lot of Disney vacations are repeats in general with a few new things, so I just kind of expect that from Disney vacations. We also do a fair bit of other travel every year, so its not as big a deal for us I guess.

Last edited:
7 so far......8, 9 and 10 booked for Oct.
25 cruises overall......can't afford DCL all the time and I like the more varied itinerarys of other lines.

We have completed 21 with #22 booked for November. We were on the Wonder about 3 years ago and there was a couple dining with the Captain in Palo that had completed over 100.

We always book on opening day when prices are the lowest. I then re-book on board to get a discount and OBC. My family of 3 can usually get an OV on a 7night for around $4, 000, sometimes a few hundred more. We also cruise in January when prices are cheaper. Also helps that we live in the mid-west where the cost of living is cheaper so we can afford to go on vacations every 9-12 months.

It just seems like a lot to me. 4K can get some pretty nice trips elsewhere. I am also a single parent in the dc area so that number for one trip is just hard to swallow. I’m jealous of everyone that can do it!

My first DCL cruise (or any cruise for that matter) was in December of 2015. I've now done 6 DCL cruises and have 7 and 8 booked.
I met a couple on my last cruise that they thought they were on number 45, but couldn't remember. They said they don't go to the shows or get off in port. They have a favorite spot to sit and read and visit with people as they pass by. I saw them there almost every day and stopped to talk to them a few times. They said they just like relaxing and visiting.

How do you all afford so many dcl cruises?! I did one in 2015 that set me back almost 3k for an inside room. Their prices just seem insane.
We take about one cruise per year, and for me it's just about saving up. It isn't easy because we can only cruise during peak season, when fares & flights are quite costly. It helps that my son and I typically sail as a party of two. Once I invited my mother to cruise with us, and that really was noticeably more pricey, paying for 3 people rather than two.

Everyone has a different income & different types of expenses in their lives. Some people can afford it easily, others cut corners in certain areas to make room for cruising. And some people have access to better deals than others. People who can sail on Florida discounts & cruise offseason pay a lot less than those of us who are not from Florida & must cruise peak-season. People who live close enough to drive to the port can save a lot on travel expenses for each cruise.

To answer the OP's question, we've sailed on 5 cruises so far. We want to sail on the Fantasy one more time, as we didn't see Aladdin on our first Fantasy cruise. We also want to sail on each of the new ships when they come out. We'd never sail 50+ DCL cruises even if we could afford it, though. We like to do other things for vacation, as well.

Last edited:

I'm solo and choose to spend my money on travel. And cruising is 9 times out of 10 the form of travel I prefer. As a solo, especially one who doesn't do Carnival or the Behemoth Class ships on other lines, there is usually not a huge amount of difference in price that families who compare Carnival or the Behemoth class ships find.

When we were on the Fantasy last July, a family had a chart on their door listing all the Disney cruises they had taken since 2003. Their count at that time was 74 cruises for a total of 578 days. And they listed 10 future cruises booked for the year 2019.

Next month, my wife & I will be taking our 3rd Disney cruise. It's a big deal for us and we're very excited about it.

However, while perusing the disboards, I've seen posts from people who have taken a MANY more Disney cruises than we have. I know I've seen posts from people who have taken 40+ cruises and I could swear I saw a post from someone who said they have taken over 60 Disney cruises!

Does anyone know what the current record is for the number of Disney cruises taken by a person/couple/family? And how many Disney cruises have you taken?
12 Disney cruises - 24 cruises over all.

I know @mmouse37 has 42 DCL cruises.

:boat:I’ve been on 29 DCL cruises. Next one is West Coast DVC Member Cruise with DH in just 22 days!:boat:

My wife and I have been on 10, 7 day Disney Cruises for a total of 70 days at sea. We have 11,12 to be taken later this year and 13 booked for next year that are also 7 day cruises.
Some one asked how people can afford to do all of these cruises, it all depends on what people can afford. My wife and I have no children so it is only the two of us. This makes it less expensive than a family of four as an example. We are also DVC members and Florida residents and have cruised using both programs.
If you make a million dollars a year cruising several times is not that expensive to them. Also Disney does cruises of different length. They do from a two day all the way up to a fourteen day transatlantic. Some one who does one hundred three day cruises although it is a lot of money has spent a lot less than someone who has done one hundred seven day cruises.

34 so far. #35 booked for next month, #36 in September to Alaska (first time there), #37 in November, #38 in January and #39 next May (2020). I used to travel on DCL with my Mom a lot until she passed away, My husband and I usually go on one a year and my immediate family (including children and grandchildren) go every other year. I also take at least one trip with just some girlfriends. This year I am taking two different girlfriend trips and the cruise to Alaska is with my daughter.

We always book a placeholder on board and lock it in on the first day booking is available for certain dates. We found this is the best way to get a lower price. Also because our family loves to vacation, that is where we spend our money. we save all year for trips and don’t do a lot of other things.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter