How many formal nights on New Years cruise?

disneymom1

Mouseketeer
Has anyone been on the New Years cruise in the past? I just got my cruise documents for the Dec 28 cruise and included was a flyer stating that New Years Eve (TUESDAY) is going to be a formal night. My understanding is that normally Sunday night is formal and Thursday night is semi-formal.

Does anyone know whether they are adding an extra formal night or whether they are just switching the formal night to Tuesday?

If they are adding an extra night I may have to pack differently. I am planning on wearing the same dress on the formal and semi-formal nights and I don't think I can stretch it to a third night.

Yes it looks like 2 formal one semi-formal for us....I don't know if they will skip tropical night or reschedule. I'm short a couple dresses right now too. This should be fun:) :D :bounce: :Pinkbounc

I'm going next year with New Years being Wed. night and am interested in what they do this year :D

Hi, we too are going on the eastern magic on dec. 28, but haven't received our documents yet. I wondered whether new year's eve would be formal or not. I just hope they have the ship cleaned up and illness gone by then. I wonder if we can call DCL and they will know whether this means there will be two formal nights. Barb

Sounds like New Year's eve may be more like a semi-formal night. Hopefully they are just switching the Tropical night on Tuesday with the Semi-formal night on Thursday. Is there anyone out there that was on the New Year's eve cruise last year?

Also, Tuesday Night we are supposed to be in St, Maarten. Any chance that might change to accomodate the New Years celebration?

Wow,
I'm on this cruise Too!! So glad to read some have recieved their documents!! Are there any other fun things going on for New Year's Eve? What about for teens, we have a 17 DS

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter