How many steps?

Disneyfan754321

DIS Veteran
Im thinking of leaving the fitbit at home and possibly putting one on my phone. Not sure the magicband and the fitbit would be comfortable. How many steps do you do at the parks? Im guessing MK has more than the rest.

Around 25,000 - 30,000 is a good estimate.

I wear my Apple Watch on one wrist, and my Magic Band on the other so that I can still track my steps while in the parks.

Additionally, while MK is a lot more ride-ride, Epcot & Animal Kingdom are much larger physically in the parks, so the overall distance may be longer.

Agree with everyone else. On half park days (rope drop until lunch, back to hotel for afternoon, back for the evening), we average between 15,000 to 20,000 steps depending on the park.

Not sure about the # of steps, but on one of our Epcot days during our last trip, we walked around 11 miles for the day (and that was with a conscious effort to minimize crisscrossing the park and backtracking).

Since it doesn't have as many "rides," people don't seem to realize how big Epcot is. Add to that the fact that (since they cut back to one Friendship ferry boat, and even that isn't always operating) to get anywhere in World Showcase usually requires you to walk around the perimeter of World Showcase Lagoon (which is a mile around).

the iphone has a decent app that tracks your miles walked etc....

And for those with Android phones, Google Fit will track your activity as well.

Be aware that reasonably accurate activity tracking (on any OS) will drain your phone's battery faster. I didn't run into any battery issues with Google Fit on our last trip, but I didn't use my phone much, and these days most people use their phone as their primary camera, so it may become an issue if you use your phone a lot. In any case, I would make sure to fully charge your phone every night.

I easily hit 20,000-30,000 steps a day at the parks, depending on what we're doing! Have tracked with both Fitbit and Apple Watch in the past.

I'd say 20-25K was our average. Would've been more, but our daughter still naps, so afternoons were much less active.

We walked about 73 miles in 6 days in January! I believe we walked an average of 25,000 steps per day.

Ok so do you wear your Fitbit and magic band (oh the terrible tan lines!) I’m thinking of just getting a magic band holder thing and clip on my pack.

I wore both my magicband and my apple watch; one on each arm.

Out of curiosity, I just checked my phone. We are between 15k and 27k per day. This was a few months back, so I don't remember which park was which day.

Approx 15-35k, which is a fairly substantial difference. Depending on how much we could handle the heat! Usually around 25k, with Epcot being the most as far as I can remember.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter