How many times/day do you check???

2gr8DisneyKids

DIS Veteran
How may times a day do you check to see if the ADR you really want has opened up?

I check whenever I have a moment and think about it, probably 5-6 times/day. We switched around park days and would love a better time for the Princess Breakfast in Epcot...

Wanted a better time for Sci-Fi and got it after a few days.

We had luck with the princess breakfast opening up (added DDP at the last minute last year) right at the cancellation window. Hoping I can get a better time before then since it took most of an evening calling from CBR last year.

I do love the on-line system, though. Last year I was calling 3-4 times/day. Good thing we pay for unlimited long distance to the States! LOL!

I called about 3 times a day back in Nov '08 trying to get a ressie for Le Cellier. Sadly I never did, but it was ok b/c a few months later I was able to score one for our March trip :)

I've been trying to get a better time for Ohana since I made the reservation on Oct. 27th when it opened back up to 180. I check about once a day and I thought I was bad! I now feel much better knowing others check more often than I do...maybe I can now allow myself two times a day!:rolleyes1

I've been trying to get a better time for Ohana since I made the reservation on Oct. 27th when it opened back up to 180. I check about once a day and I thought I was bad! I now feel much better knowing others check more often than I do...maybe I can now allow myself two times a day!:rolleyes1

Good luck! Feel free to bump it up to three... :rotfl:

I did try three times today. I couldn't help myself! I think some DIS'ers are enablers!:lmao:

Last summer i checked constantly throughout the day. I usually would get up very early around 4 or 5 in the morning check the site for cancellations, come back to check 2 or 3 more times in the morning, from 4-6:00 i would check every few minutes (it was like playing a game you just never knew if anything good was going to pop up and some times it did) since that was my main computer time and would just open another window to keep checking along with anything else i was doing at the time. In the end it really paid off and i got all early dinner times, even two or three ressies for Ohana dinner one at 4:40 and another day for 5:15 (originally had 8:15 which was not good for me at all) Chef Mickey went from 8:15 to 5:15 (i finally became lucky one afternoon after trying for 2 1/2 months. Alot opened up a week before our arrival date.

Since I'm new at making the ADR - and trying to figure out what day to go to what park - I have been checking several times a day! Glad to know I wasn't the only one obsessing about eating!

I check a few times a day. We go next week to WDW and I've been noticing alot of reservations opening up (maybe due to cancellations?). I've also rearranged to get better times. Anyway, so far it has paid, I got everything I wanted except one so I will keep trying. :woohoo:

Good luck everyone!

When I had to call in I pretty much made my ADRs and left them, maybe did 1 or 2 changes I can't really remember. Now that they are online I have made all kinds of switches. We moved up our trip by almost a week so I had to redo all expect 1 of my ADRs and I was checking for Le Cellier dinner, was able to book lunch right off the bat, at least once a day sometimes 2 or 3 and I got a 4:50 just a couple days ago.

Before online adr's I used to check once a day if it was one I really wanted. Now that I don't have to pay long distance fees, I check 3-4 times/day.

I check at least once a day, sometimes 3 or 4 times...I'm trying to get Le Cellier for the last night we are there in May and there is nothing! I'm not giving up though, I think if I keep checking, the closer we get, something will open up!!! :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter