How many times did you snorkel at Aulani?

We did it one day, a few times. It was fun but the water really is as cold as everyone says! My kids could have done it multiple days.

I’m pretty sure you can pay for one day and then upgrade it at the end of the day.

We snorkeled are Hanauma Bay and Sharks Cove, so then my kids didn’t even want to do Rainbow Reef. Plus you have to use their gear even if you have your own (understand their intent to keep their water clean but I’m not using a shared mouthpiece).

For two adults, I'd stick with a one-day pass. We rented snorkel equipment and found great snorkeling all around Oahu.

We did one day, but my daughter would have done length of stay (Rainbow Reef opened 2 days before we left in December 2019 as it had been shut for the refurb). The water was cold, but you did get used to it.

I'd suggest to wait and see when you get there. We opted to snorkel elsewhere as two adults, so we didn't use Rainbow Reef at all. Its on the smaller side, cold water, and kind of in the middle of the resort where people watch. Not that people watching matters, but it was just contrived snorkeling experience. Cool for kids and maybe once for adults, but I think the novelty will be gone after you do it once.

Rainbow Reef, we did almost daily on our first visit it as just a better value to get a length of stay pass. let be real about this you are NOT snorkeling on an actual reef the only true description for it would be that you are swimming in a very large saltwater aquarium. Yes, the water is cold but so is the water in the cove beach area. The Pacific is cold. We have made two trips since and it was a one and done for us.

Yes, the water is cold but so is the water in the cove beach area. The Pacific is cold
I'm sure it varies depending on time of year, but the lagoon water and the ocean water were quite warm when we were there in late September. To my knowledge, Rainbow Reef is kept at a cold temperature year round due to the species living in it. It was noticeably colder than the ocean/lagoon water when we were there. Certainly still doable, but good to know in advance!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter