How many times?

Frankie Heckish

Earning My Ears
I would love to hear from veterans! How many times did you or your child apply to DCP before being accepted?

My twin daughters were both accepted for Fall advantage on their first application. They are graduating from university right before they start the program. They also both have had amusement park job experience, as well as both working at a movie theater and one of them at Target. Not sure if their experience played into them getting accepted on the first try, but it can’t hurt.

My son was accepted yesterday and this is his first time applying.

My son had no prior experience with amusement parks, but did work in a grocery store for a year. That might be why they gave him merchandising.

He watched a lot of YouTube videos and researched before applying, and I think that helped.

My son got in his first time and is doing custodial. He has worked at a golf course for 3 years.

My son was accepted to FA 2018 on his first try. Once home, he graduated and applied for Fall 2019 but was not accepted. He applied again, and was accepted to SA 2020. My daughter applied, and was also accepted, for Spring 2020 on her first try. Sadly, their program was suspended and they were both sent home in March.

My dd applied 3x times before she was accepted. She was a part of the doomed SA 2020 program sent home early. Her roomie had applied 4x before getting in and my dd has a friend who finally made it in on app #5.

Mine got in on try 1, but she is graduating this May and has prior restaurant exp. She was picked for the same restaurant position that she worked for almost 2 years before.
I would not be surprised if they picked her based on these 2 things.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!