How much do you spend on groceries?

How much do you spend per person per week?

Votes: 6 3.5%

Votes: 13 7.6%

Votes: 15 8.8%

Votes: 14 8.2%

Votes: 27 15.8%

Votes: 7 4.1%

Votes: 32 18.7%
  • More than 50

Votes: 57 33.3%

• Total voters
I don't know. It's hard to say. There's 4 of us here, but sometimes other people buy things separately.

I would say 75-100 every week, not including household items.
But, that also includes some bulk items I buy. I'll buy a bunch of cereal on sale and it'll last 2-3 weeks. Sometimes I'll buy $10 worth of coffee and not have to buy it again for a month. I've been making a concerted effort to spend less on groceries though. I probably spend another $40 every other week on household items. Maybe more if I need laundry detergent or something that I don't buy every month.

I think there's a Kroger around somewhere fairly nearby. Do these tend to have lower prices?

i would be interested in knowing this as well. kroger's bought one of our local stores and their products are the store brand-but that store tended to be on the higher price end and the kroger's brand items haven't proven to be budget friendly.

I need to try to do better; some of you are very inspiring. I think I need to stop doing ALL my grocery shopping at Publix; they may be on the high side price-wise.

There is an Aldi's about 20 minutes away from me, and I think there's a Kroger around somewhere fairly nearby. Do these tend to have lower prices? I've never been to an Aldi's. I really like Publix and they're everywhere, so I never go anywhere else.

Our Kroger is better than our Aldi, price and quality. They do great loss leaders. Like this week you could get 42 load bottles of ALL for $.99. Organic apple juice was also $.99. They also send you coupons on the things you buy most. I recently received two packets that will save us $25 on things like fruit, produce, orange juice, chips, and butter.

There are couponing groups on Facebook for Publix, lots of people love it.

I actually just realized that Meijer saves my receipts lol

Since I started using the app -

Attachments

• D927EC77-703B-4499-BE08-3867946B93AD.jpeg
    D927EC77-703B-4499-BE08-3867946B93AD.jpeg
    62.3 KB · Views: 19

I need to try to do better; some of you are very inspiring. I think I need to stop doing ALL my grocery shopping at Publix; they may be on the high side price-wise.

There is an Aldi's about 20 minutes away from me, and I think there's a Kroger around somewhere fairly nearby. Do these tend to have lower prices? I've never been to an Aldi's. I really like Publix and they're everywhere, so I never go anywhere else.

Publix is high to me. Two just opened up in my area, but we really only stop there to get subs.

Most items are slightly more than our other Local grocery stores. But what I really notice are the lack of sales at Publix. The norm at some of the other stores is half price or even buy2get3, so Publix doesn’t come close to the sale prices.

Aldi is way cheaper but some produce is hit or miss. They do have a lot of organic and gluten free packaged items and their specialty cheeses are very inexpensive.

Family of 4, two are teenage boys. We spent about $180-200/week at the grocery store and then another $75 or so at the meat market. That does not include dog food, theirs comes from chewy.com every three weeks. We very rarely eat out, maybe 3 times a year and only do fast food if we are traveling.

I spend $200-225/wk for 4 people, including all toiletries and paper products. We very rarely eat out, and I pack lunches for all but my son.

I only peruse the Sunday paper for coupons and use ibotta for stuff that I would buy anyway. We have brand favorites and eat a decent amount of meat. I only shop at our local grocery store.

We spend about $300-$325 a week. Family of 4. Husband, myself, DS 10,and DD 12 months. That does include toiletries, formula, baby snacks( but not diapers and wipes as we order bulk online.) Of that, about $70 is formula...my daughter is on specific kind. Diaper/ wipes run another $25. We may eat out for lunch somewhere like Chick fil a once a week, but otherwise I make breakfast, lunch, and dinner at home.....and pack lunch for DH to take to work. We normally buy groceries at Publix, toiletries at Target.

We are a family of 4. I average around $175-$225 per week but that include food, pet items, toiletries, and paper products. I do Boxed once a month to get snacks for packed school lunches. We hardly eat out, maybe 2-3/month and we try to pay in cash. I don't know how people say they spend $120/week on groceries but I think they might be eating out a lot.

Family of 3 - DH, DS14, and me. We buy some organic and mostly vegetarian. We spend $200-250 a week.

I said $25 a person per week. We have six people and I usually spend between 100-150 for food a week. However, that is only food. It does not include paper products and toiletries. I generally get groceries at Aldi but rarely buy toiletries, paper products, or cleaning products there. It would be higher per person if you include our monthly Costco orders (most of our paper products and household cleaners are from there) and our weekly Target run for toiletries and other household items, etc.. I probably spend an additional $100 at Target each week and about $50 on average a week at Costco. I guess if you include that it is really more like $50 a person.

I budget $400/month for DH and I, but that includes cleaning products, paper products, cat food/litter, etc. If I can get it at Kroger (and I have been using their Clicklist curbside service for almost two years now), it is included in that $400. This week it also includes shampoo, because there was a decent coupon and it saves me a trip to Target, where I know I'll end up spending more.

According to YNAB, over the last year I've averaged $411/month, which surprises me, because I really feel like there are more months we go over than there are we go under, but apparently not.

our monthly Costco orders (most of our paper products and household cleaners are from there) and our weekly Target run for toiletries and other household items, etc.. I probably spend an additional $100 at Target each week and about $50 on average a week at Costco.

i gotta ask-what type/amount of toiletries, cleaning product...run a family of 6 $150 a week? that just seems REALLY high as compared to my experiences.

i gotta ask-what type/amount of toiletries, cleaning product...run a family of 6 $150 a week? that just seems REALLY high as compared to my experiences.

I have an infant so that includes diapers, wipes, formula, and babyfood. As well as nighttime diapers for my child who is potty trained but still wears a pull up at night. With 6 people, we do run through a lot of toilet paper, paper towels, and Kleenex as well as shampoo, tooth paste, vitamins, etc. etc.

I have an infant so that includes diapers, wipes, formula, and babyfood. As well as nighttime diapers for my child who is potty trained but still wears a pull up at night. With 6 people, we do run through a lot of toilet paper, paper towels, and Kleenex as well as shampoo, tooth paste, vitamins, etc. etc.

got it-the young ones are SO expensive! i remember the weekly trip to sam's club to get wipes and diapers, and formula never went on sale anywhere:sick:

i used to get the bulk of my paper goods at costco (at least tp/paper towels) but i've started getting them through target when they've got a sale like they've got going now ($25 purchase= $5 gift card). i buy allot and break it into as many individual $25 orders as possible so the next time i'm in need i can wait for another sale AND use the gift cards. i just found that the brands i use are cheaper on their promotions vs. costco's regular price. speaking of costco-i recently found out i can order their otc meds on-line and they do free shipping so i'm trying to go that route so i'm not tempted to grab extra items when i go there (also found out they do a refund if something goes on sale w/in 30 days-i just did it w/some sweat pants i got for dh, they popped up on the monthly coupon book for $4 off a pair so i filled out the online form and within a couple of days they refunded about $17:thumbsup2.

It also depends on what type of groceries you buy-meat I buy little of but it must be high quality so I only purchase from Whole Foods. I only buy spaghetti sauce that has Roma tomatoes as the first ingredient and is not filled with high fructose corn syrup. (Or I make my own ) I do not buy many canned or frozen items as we prefer fresh fruits and veggies. The bread we eat is Rise glorious 21 grain and is only available at Whole Foods. I need my foods to be pure- peanut/almond butter must only c0ntain nuts, oil and salt, ice cream must be made of cream,eggs and sugar. I don’t have a freezer and don’t stock on sale items but we (DH and DD) eat for about $125-$150a week. It can be really difficult to compare budgets as every family eats differently and prefers different foods.

It also depends on what type of groceries you buy-meat I buy little of but it must be high quality so I only purchase from Whole Foods. I only buy spaghetti sauce that has Roma tomatoes as the first ingredient and is not filled with high fructose corn syrup. (Or I make my own ) I do not buy many canned or frozen items as we prefer fresh fruits and veggies. The bread we eat is Rise glorious 21 grain and is only available at Whole Foods. I need my foods to be pure- peanut/almond butter must only c0ntain nuts, oil and salt, ice cream must be made of cream,eggs and sugar. I don’t have a freezer and don’t stock on sale items but we (DH and DD) eat for about $125-$150a week. It can be really difficult to compare budgets as every family eats differently and prefers different foods.

do you take advantage of the amazon discount with whole foods? if you're not familiar with it-if you use an amazon prime credit card for your purchases you earn 5% rewards (10% on prime day). that can add up when it's around $150 per week.

I love making my own sauce. We can get boxes of Roma tomatoes for $8-12 depending on how well the local farms do that season.

This year we have averaged around $925 a month on food plus alcohol (not including paper/beauty/health/cleaning, etc) this year. Last year it was more like $1,050 so I guess I should be pleased? I think the average goes up during the holidays too - we usually host at least one family party and those costs get lumped into groceries.

We're a family of 4 and eat fairly healthfully with certain organic preferences. I'm a big shopper at Costco and Trader Joes and supplement with Sprouts/local grocery store.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!