How much is too much?

melindaandrob

<font color=red>DIS Veteran<br><font color=blue>I
I am pretty sure this subject is debated in the past but I'm wrestling with this.

As soon as we arrived home from WDW in September I put the few American dollars left over in a jar as seed for a next trip. When dd found a U.S. quarter in my stores cash register she immediately seperated it to save for the penny press. (I've taught her well :teeth: My mil happened to be there and gasped"You're not planning ANOTHER trip are you?" :earseek: I was surprised of course I'm planning another trip! I don't know when but it's assumed!
We were at WDW Jan. 2002, Jan. 2003 and Sept. 2003, annual passes, you have to go twice! Am I right?
Now I'm thinking Sept. 2004, but maybe she is right. When talking to a CM in Sept. he was surprised that we were visiting twice in the year, but it isn't really twice in the year, I mean come on it was 9 months, that is very close to a year apart, you could say a year. ::yes::
So, I'm asking how often does the average diser visit WDW? and do you do other mini vacations through the year?

I don't think twice in a year is too much. Our recent trips have been April 2002, September 2002 (Cdn at par rate which we couldn't pass up), October 2003 (7 day cruise and 7 days at WDW). We are booked for a cruise for Oct 2/04 and are debating about the number of days at WDW pre/post cruise.

We got annual passes in October and are debating going in Jan/Feb/Mar, 2004 timeframe. We can't decide whether to go in Jan or Feb or go March break.

We feel there's always something different to see or do and lots of different places to eat besides.

:scratchin
Land/Sea January 2003
Easter Weekend 2003
Last week of August 2003

7 Day Cruise 2004 (AKL for dinner Friday night) so I guess this does not count.
Easter Weekend 2004

Tentatively for Halloween 2004 (SSR should be available) and X-mas time 2004 and this will be when I activiate AP

So basically 3 times without, with AP, double that!LOL

No twice is not too much! It's not enough!

Scratch
pirate:

It's never too much if you enjoy it. We went twice last year and are planning twice next year. We always get asked that same question-How can you afford to go so much and why the same place? We don't but AP's but I do buy 7 day hoppers and spread them over a few trips. It's a trip my whole family enjoys and as long as we keep having fun I will keep going.

Go whenever you like it is your money your vacation and if you love the place then have a blast but take lots of pictures for us all to see. We go almost every year so it really isn't to often what you are looking at doing.

I've bought AP's twice since 2000, and on each AP, we got 3 trips out of them! I don't think it is actually possible for a Dis'er to go TOO often to WDW ! I am always searching out my US coins to put aside ... great job training your DD :earsgirl:

A co-worker of mine just asked me this morning if I ever desire to go somewhere else on vacation. I told him I wanted to take my kids to Santa's village last summer, so we did, and that I wanted AP's for PCW for this coming year, and I do, but that as far as a major vacation goes, WDW remains at the top of my list ... and I don't see it changing anytime soon. I've been to WDW 22 times, and I look forward to the day I celebrate my 25th, 30th, 50th, 100th trips ... :p

Mary Liz

See, I knew I wasn't crazy :rolleyes: Rob (dh) who is a huge WDW fan (we spent out honeymoon) wonders if the kids like it as much as we do. He bases this theory on the idea that if the kids squabble at all or complain that they don't appreciate the trip. He whined just as much. I whined. Hey, it was hot.
Do you think the kids become immune?
My answer to this is to let the kids plan the trip, I'll book flight and hotel, they can plan park days and meals. I'll give them a budget for meals. They read the 'Walt Disney World with kids' book so I'll let them make the decisions. Hey! I like this! :earsgirl: :teeth:

Thanks to my 'Dis friends!

Melinda

I say life is short, you should do what You want to do.
Your MIL sounds like my MIL. She thinks that our kids are spoiled and that we have ruined them for the simple things in life because they have been to Disney too many times. They still enjoy lots of other things like camping, canoeing etc.
We just ignore whatever she has to say and do what we as a family want to do. After all she has raised her children, it is our turn to raise ours, and if travelling is something we like, then we are going to to for it.
At least we are spending time together as a family, lots of people don't do that.
Robin

As you can see by the bottom of my post that we've been many times. My son says he doesn't want to go again, but when I tell him we're not going next year he gets upset and of course he doesn't believe me. This last trip; as we were loading up the van in front of WL he was crying his eyes out because he didn't want to go home. I told him I didn't want to go home either and that we wouldn't go in 2004 but go for two weeks at the Poly in 2005. I don't know if any of us can wait that long.

Many people think we go too often, but I don't really care what they think. We don't drink, go to movies or really go anywhere else during the year. I once worked with a lady who complained that she could never afford to go to WDW. I told her that if she gave up her bottle of wine a day she could afford to go in just over a year. Never opened her mouth again.

We don't go anywhere else. We have purchased AP's for Canada's Wonderland for next year but I don't think that is going to do the trick for me. Today, I left a voicemail for my DH to go and buy some American money. He called back and said, "Does that mean we're going back soon" (with a lot of excitement in his voice) I think he's more nuts than I am.

My sisters have a pool going right now as to when I will book my next trip.

We are currently thinking seriously about DVC. After hearing the positive remarks last weekend at the London Meet I think I'm going to look into it.

If I won the Super 7 tonight you can be sure I'd be on the phone with CRO first thing tomorrow morning to book the most awesome Magical Gathering I could think of.

Have a great weekend everyone!!!

You can never go too many times :laughing: Well, that's how I feel anyway :p I'd say keep going as long as you can afford it and as long as you're having fun.

Our December trip will be the second this year and the third in two years ... I get lots of comments from my coworkers like "Don't you want to go somewhere else?" "Aren't you bored?" :rolleyes: The best comment was from my boyfriend's mother who said "So when are you guys going somewhere real?" ... That one made me a little angry. I mean, I don't ask her why she goes to the cottage every weekend in the summer :rolleyes: I figure as long as we're enjoying ourselves, that's all that matters :p

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter