How much is your 2018 Disney trip going to cost?

Team Bunch

Mouseketeer
In the past to save money we have always looked for free dining to save money. Now that moderate resorts don’t include regular dining I am looking to see other ways people save money. We enjoy the regular dining plan meal plan but thinking we could pay out of pocket for the same services and pay less for our hotel.

For our family of 4 it will be 3K USD for our 6 nights stay at POFQ with regular DDP (Dec 29-Jan4). That doesn't include our tickets that I got with Airmiles. I guess the 'free' tickets will compensate for the low Canadian dollar.

Are you asking "all in" price, including tickets, lodging, food, souvenirs, etc...? We're very budget oriented too...we stay offsite and bring almost all of our own food in. I'm not going to add in ticket prices because they're relatively consistent across the board (yes, you can save a little via third party sellers, etc...but it's not a huge difference). Besides, we bought APs, so it's hard to factor that in. So just food, lodging, etc...

Our next trip will be the last two weeks of June. We're staying for 17 nights, so obviously that makes costs higher. We've done this trip the past 3 summers, typical costs are...

Lodging is $1750 all in (taxes, fees, etc...), staying in a 4 bed/3 bath townhouse off property.

Food...including snacks we buy for the kids, the rare eat out night, everything...will be roughly $600-$700 total

Souvenirs and such usually come in around $100 total out of our pocket (the kids bring their own money from b-days, Xmas, allowance, etc...)

So all in, I'd say we come in around $2500-$2600 for the 5 of us to stay 17 nights, not including ticket costs. This summer, we are not planning to renew our AP and may not return to WDW for a few years...so we may spend a bit more in souvenirs.

I am hoping no more than $6000.00 lol. Our food costs will be around 2000.00. We have 5 table service reservations which will be around $1000.00. Im budgeting around $350.00 for breakfast for 7 days. $600.00 for dinners. My oldest has a $500.00 disney gift card that she will use for her souvenirs. And my youngest is 4 and she is pretty easy so maybe around $150.00 for her, if that. I plan on having water shipped down because we can go through water. That will help save money for something else instead of paying 3.00 a water. And maybe shipped down some strawberry bars, and fruit snacks.

So for the 4 of us staying at CSR with park hoppers/water park option and dining plan we are at like $4900 with the code that came out for the end of May. The dining plan covers the most of our food for us so we may supplement in some snacks and water bottles but others that should cover our food. Kids don't go crazy over the souvies anymore and I give them the reward money from our Disney card to spend.

We are budgeting about 6K CDN for our family of 4... DS is 2 and so free entry for him. That includes our flights, onsite lodging at Pop, food without DDP and other misc. expenses like stroller rental. So, around 4500USD likely?

Costs will vary so widely depending on so many factors.

We are currently saving for our Aug '18 trip to the world

It will be 3200 dollars + airfare

That includes for 2 adults:
"free" counter service plan
12 nights at Pop
10 day park passes with park-hopper

We will be paying OOP for 3 sit down meals but we will have Disney Rewards to use for those

Just need to still find decent airfare!! :(

Less then last year, that's for sure (8 days at BC rack rate last year was... a lot). We used a TA for the first time this year and I was shocked how much we saved compared to the past. I'm hoping total we'll be around $7k (including food, airfare, extras, etc.).

Feb/March trip: 2 adults for 8 nights at POFQ=$3000.00 with park hoppers.
Airfare from N. Minnesota: 2 adults via Minneapolis is $748.00 (a deal as it usually costs over 500 each)
Food: ? out of pocket but we are not big eaters and save a lot of money NOT using the dining plan. Est: under 1000.00 with souveniers.

Forgot to say we booked with our TA, and got a my way package including resort, tickets, park hoppers.

Last edited:
Thanksgiving 11/20-24 staying ASMu DD and myself with 4 day basic tickets $1,532. Bringing $1,000 for food/souvenirs. DD Will have $100 GC from me and whatever she wants of own $.
Using points for airline.

We booked a MYW package this time for our April 7-14 trip. But DW and I (it's just the 2 of us) have talked, and I think we're going to buy APs before our trip or when we get there. So not sure how it will work if our trip has been paid off.
Anyway, we're staying regular room at Pop for around $1,900, including tickets. We will carry Disney gift cards to pay for meals OOP. We buy one every time we get paid or have a little extra money. We'll probably carry about $500 for souvenirs, etc. So, all together, we're probably looking at about $3k before airfare and rental car.

We're going for 11 nights in March. We're flying on points so no cost there unless we upgrade our seats at check-in. The rest of the trip with tickets, hotel, food and souvenirs will probably be around $5000.00. We're also spending a day at Seaworld and a day at the Kennedy Space Center so that will be an added cost as well.

We are budgeting about 6K CDN for our family of 4... DS is 2 and so free entry for him. That includes our flights, onsite lodging at Pop, food without DDP and other misc. expenses like stroller rental. So, around 4500USD likely?

Costs will vary so widely depending on so many factors.

We booked a MYW package this time for our April 7-14 trip. But DW and I (it's just the 2 of us) have talked, and I think we're going to buy APs before our trip or when we get there. So not sure how it will work if our trip has been paid off.
Anyway, we're staying regular room at Pop for around $1,900, including tickets. We will carry Disney gift cards to pay for meals OOP. We buy one every time we get paid or have a little extra money. We'll probably carry about $500 for souvenirs, etc. So, all together, we're probably looking at about $3k before airfare and rental car.

We have a MYW pkg too, and I was wondering just how you would add AP's to that? I don't know how that works if it is paid off.
I'm thinking about AP"s too, but thought it might be too complicated with the my way package? Maybe someone on the boards knows? Or, if you find out, can you post it sometime? thanks.

We are going Oct 2018. DH and I are taking advantage of military discounts and spending a week at Pop in a preferred room with regular dining for $1700. Military tickets will add about $500 for both of us and flights were about $850 round trip from San Diego, Ca

We have a MYW pkg too, and I was wondering just how you would add AP's to that? I don't know how that works if it is paid off.
I'm thinking about AP"s too, but thought it might be too complicated with the my way package? Maybe someone on the boards knows? Or, if you find out, can you post it sometime? thanks.

Just go to a Guest Relations or a ticket window and upgrade whatever ticket you get with your package to an AP once you get there.

It’ll just be myself and DD12 for jersey week 2018. Total of 9 nights.

POFQ 2 nights with 8 day PH tix with a free WP day $1300 (thru agency exclusive TA)

BWV standard studio 7 nights on rented points $1326

Flights $400 - estimate

Food and souvenirs - 1500

So $4500. It really adds up fast!

ETA: I’m prepaying HDDR, MVMCP and HEA dessert party so add on $500.

I really don’t think it’s too bad considering I’m staying Deluxe. My SO and i are doing an all inclusive in July and we will spend about 2-3k (including airfare and excursions) for 5 nights. This is 10 days at about 5k.

Last edited:
We have 3 trips planned for this year. :cool1: It is just DH & me. We have APs that are good til October, so we are making good use of them. Also, we got 2 SW credit cards for DH last year when they had the 60,000 bonus points offer & just completed our spend. He should get the companion pass by the end of the month. So having the tickets already & free airfare is a big reason we are doing the 3 trips.

Jan 29 - Feb 1. POR standard room $534 (travel agency rate)
Disney After Hours 2 tickets with AP discount $180
Airfare: DH $210 round trip
Me - flying on points

April 14 - 20 YC Cl $4105 (UOC)
April 20-21 BC WV $546
Airfare: DH $225
Me Free, will book with DH's companion pass

Sept 9 -12 YC CL $2205
Sept 12 - 15 GF RPC $2200
(Both of these were booked as bounceback rates in December)
Airfare: waiting for SW to release these dates to book for DH (probably on points)
I will fly free with the companion pass

We have a Tables in Wonderland card. We eat mostly at table service places & will have breakfast in the lounge during our April & September stays. I don't really budget, we just eat what we want. So I can't estimate those costs ahead of time. We don't drink, so no alcohol costs. We don't really get souvenirs any more, so no costs there. And I have at least $300 Disney visa rewards to use towards dining costs.

In all, considering we are making 3 trips & 2 of them are club level, I don't think the costs are too horrible. We are celebrating our 40th anniversary in September, so we are OK with splurging! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter