How much is your 2018 Disney trip going to cost?

We will be there about the same time and had the same problem booking VGC - my husband was on-line and on the phone at exactly the 7 month window - for each of our five days. No dice. He decided to book Paradise Pier using our points. I wish we had just rented our points and used the cash to stay at a Good Neighbor Hotel for less money. Can't change it now. There could be worse things to fret about!

Yeah, the cast member told me it was because of the Halloween party. Apparently, VGC is always booked at 11 months during that time. I've been checking since then, and for any dates past Oct. 31....VGC was pretty wide open....5 to 6 nights in a two bedroom was readily available. Oh well....it was the only time my daughter could meet us there, so it's worth it for that. Although I doubt we'll be going the week of Columbus Day again...too expensive. Lol

Have a fabulous time on your vacation!!!

Our trip is December 8-14. It'll be my family of four (two kids ages 8 and 4).

Wilderness Lodge for 6 nights= $1877.22
5-Day Park Hoppers= $1840.68
Christmas Party= $410
Flights (Estimated)= $1100
Food (No DDP)= $1200
Total= $6,427.90

Will bring out-of-pocket costs down by utilizing the following:
Disney Visa Rewards= $1400
Chase Sapphire Bonus= $500
Disney Giftcards earned through various apps: $1425

Total OOP= $3102.90

Also considering upgrading to APs. Would cost another $1332, but we would take advantage of AP discounts for food and souvenirs + plus won't need to buy Memory Maker separately if we get the APs. We're planning at least two additional trips for next year.

Last edited:
Girls trip with my BFF. May 9 - 12 (next week yay!). We are going down for her cousin’s birthday party which includes an Illiminations cruise!

Staying at the Boardwalk Inn - free for me. She is using her DVC points.

Flight - $180 (used some Southwest rewards)

Food - probably $350 - $400. I’m buying a couple dinners (Il Mulino and Homecomin). We are doing breakfast at Cape May Cafe and we will have some counter service and maybe another couple meals as well.

Tickets - none we are doing pools and relaxing this trip!

Spa - maybe. If I do it will be $240. I do have about $200 in leftover gift cards from other trips so I could use that for the spa.

So not counting the spa, a little less than $600.

It’s funny because when we were planning we were both like we will just order groceries and make it really cheap. Two days later we had reservations at several restaurants.

It’s still a great price for a getaway!

2.5 Weeks at the Grand Floridian Sugar Loaf in December, 7 day PH, 2 days of party tickets, Highway in the Sky again and paying for the extra Club level fastpasses for 2 adults and 3 'children' (13,12,11). We originally booked at the Contemporary Atrium Club where we spent 3 weeks last year in December but free dining wasn't offered there.
Total....too much. We are over 18,000.00 with the inclusion of the party tickets but we haven't added in the CL fastpasses or Highway in the Sky yet, since they are not available yet...We did HITS last year and absolutely loved it, it was excellent, since we were right there in the Contemporary but are hoping that being at the Grand will be just as convenient :)

We are not doing as many park days, since this is a much more relaxing trip than last year. We spent the entire month of December in WDW last year, including a DCL trip in between our stays and we had park tickets for almost all the days along with party tickets and we also did smaller stays at the beginning and end of our trip at the YC club level and the WL CL and that was just too much moving and hustling every day! LOL

-----ETA:
I hate typing on my phone, I always hit enter too fast!
Okay, we don't normally take ridiculous trips like this, in fact we like to take mini trips throughout the year around the states but as the kids get older, we know we only have a few more years to travel as a family. Our daughter is a Freshman and she will be dual enrolling in college courses next year, so we know it will be harder for her to get out more.

This is also our last Disney trip as a family for a couple years, since next year we are doing the Disney Transatlantic and spending some time in Europe...so it's time for us to go on to new and destinations farther away too!

Last edited:

We'll be at the Contemporary, Garden Wing, from Oct. 22-26. Just myself and DD10. This is the first real vacation for just the two of us, so I'm splurging a little harder than I normally would.

I've tagged on a Fireworks Dessert Party, MNSSHP tickets, Early Magic Hours, and we've got a reservation at CRT (all meals are OOP.) Have airfare through Southwest. Tagging on what I think is a best guesstimate on the rest of our meals, and I've got us tallied up at just under $5K.::MickeyMo

Last edited:
8/18--8/26. Me and 11yo daughter.
Polynesian with 8 day PHs and 1 Fun Option (using for Typhoon Lagoon)$3,279.
Flights booked with Delta SkyMiles. $0
FEA Dessert Party $158
Magic Kingdom EMM $147
MNSSHP $170
Memory Maker $170
Dining $790 (We will bring some breakfast items from home or have delivered from GG. Also, we will likely split 2-3 of our QS meals.)
Mousekeeping tips $40, misc. tips $40, 2 Refill Mugs $40, $40 adult drinks.
I have not yet given thought to souvenir and extra spending money.
Total: $4874
I do Disney math when planning. The EMM and dessert party are already paid, so I don't have to include these, right? We'd spend some money eating at home. It gives me a week that I don't have to pay for day camp for my daughter. Plus, we're saving on gas, electricity, and water bills while we're at WDW. :thumbsup2

June 8-13
6 nights, 6 day base park pass
4 people (3 Disney adults, 1 Disney child)
Fort Wilderness Preferred site
$2700

Food: We have 5 dinner reservations, will eat some QS and some at the camper. I'm gonna estimate $1200 but I really have no idea.

Cost to get there (gas from Houston, campsites along the way) $700

Cost of camper and truck: don't even go there. :crazy2:

I can finally add things up as we made changes due to some awesume specials that just came out.

Trip is from 27Aug-07Sep.. originally we had Poly-BC-DCL Dream-POP. Due to FD we are now POP-BC-DCL Dream -POP

First part is split stay Pop and BC
2851 FD package 8 night PH + POP 2A 2C 13 and 12..
847 BC RO agent special
3019 Disney Dream 4 night Bahamas VGT ( orginally has oceanview regular fare at 3500 and then ?GTs rates just came out!!!!!)
120 Pop one night after cruise
400 care rental, resort parking feeds ( good deal seeing that 1 we have a car 2 we use rental for cruise transfer saving tons over dCl)

above is about 7237

We need about 1000 for spending and food not part of the FD plan.

flights etc... cannot do now

It's alot of money... especiall when I see what else I could do with it.. new couch, kitchen appliances etc... oh well... would rather travel.

We are a family of five. Me(40), DH(30), DS(15), DS(12), and DS(7)
We will be traveling down July 2-9th so seven nights.

Flight for five Southwest 1500 (booked early this is cheapest we have ever flown)

POR Garden View got a pin code in mail so total for that and 6 reg day tickets is 3893 for us all.

Food 1200

Food we bring or amazon prime it 100

Souvenirs and fun stuff 600

Memory maker 150 ??? Not sure if it’s more now

Grand total wirhout discounts: 7443

Target cards to purchase hotel, food, and tickets: -229

Reward from chase freedom -150

Total OOP:7070 not bad!

2 adults 2 teens
6 nights Swan - $2390 - Paid OOP $189 the rest on SPG points
4 - 6 day PH - $2044 - Paid OOP $0 the rest on CC points
4 RT flights - $789 - Paid OOP $44.80 the rest on SW points

Total $5223 - OOP $233.80

Just need to pay for food. I think we are a $0 souvenir family

I am still suffering sticker shock. My family of 5 spent a month traveling around Italy last summer and spent $10,000 (used CC points for all airfare).

My family of 5 are doing a 4 night weekend in late September. I can’t deal with crowds so we are pulling kids out of school for a few days to go in a “quiet” time.

Driving down=$250

4 nights in a 2-bedroom off property=$540
(CITI Premier card offers 4th night free at any hotel)

3 day MYWB=$1500
I am using Target CC to accumulate Disney GC w/ 5 percent discount.

Food (breakfast at hotel & wil bring water and snack bars/fruit to park, lunch and dinners are table service for the most part)=
$15/day breakfasts
$100/day lunches
$165/day dinners
$20/day snacks

Kids have GC for their souvenirs. Best advice anyone ever gave me was to hand kids $$ at the beginning and refuse to go above that.
Best thing I did: kids took pics on my phone of what they loved at each gift shop. I promised to take them back if they still wanted it at the end of hebday. Of course, they totally forgot about the items they had loved earlier in the day.

About $3500 for a long weekend.

Which one?
Our family June trip- 2 weeks
BB at FW cabins 5 days $1600
tickets-zero-paid in august when we got AP (MM included)
drive down and back~$400 in gas, food, hotel
1 week at Marriott Cypress Harbour-TS exchange ($385 our TS MF+$175 exchange fee)
2 days at Cocoa Beach VRBO-$310
I usually budget ~$150/day for food/incidentals - this is on average. I do spreadsheets with actual costs when we return. We do not do lots of Disney TS.
~$4600 (food counted for travel days in drive down/back)
If we do Universal-add ~$1200 to that (tickets or seasonal pass x 4, could be $2100 if Dh goes wild and gets highest level annual pass)
Actually planning on ~$6500 total. Anything leftover in budget goes into next vacation's account. I like to over prepare. Plus I will use Disney GC bought at discount or free (movie reward, cash back rewards, Ibotta cash) to pay for alot of Disney portion.
So ~$116/pp/day. Really not bad.

I did some more research and it looks like early December works better. It's for 7-8 days, and we're looking both onsite and off.

Well, if you're staying onsite, and you have 5 people, you can either stay in a Family Suite at All Stars or Art of Animation, 2 rooms at any Value resort, Moderates that have a trundle bed, most Deluxe resorts, a Ft. Wilderness cabin, or rent points at a DVC resort (but finding available points then might be tough...early December is a favorite time to visit among DVC owners). The cost for accommodations will vary wildly over all those categories.

Five-day park hopper tickets will cost about $470 for an adult. Children (those 9 and under) will be slightly cheaper.

Food costs can also vary, depending on where you like to eat. You can check out all the menus for all the on-site restaurants right here on the DIS to give you an idea.

Also, transportation to and from the parks is a cost. Now that you have to pay a nightly parking fee, add anywhere from $50 to $100 to your stay. Of course, if you stay offsite and drive, you will pay to park at the parks. Flying vs driving (depending on where you live) can either help or hurt your budget.

As you can see, a week at Disney can cost anywhere from a couple thousand dollars to jaw-dropping expensive. It depends on your vacation style and your budget. I'd choose my budget first, and then work within those parameters. If you have a budget in mind...I can play with the numbers for you, and post a couple different options here. I love planning Disney trips! :D

I did some more research and it looks like early December works better. It's for 7-8 days, and we're looking both onsite and off.
Have you looked at the *free* dining offer that is currently out there? If you can delay your visit until a Dec. 7 check in, you would qualify. For a group of 5, that can be a cost savings. Try visiting the disneyworld.com website to check pricing and availability. You only have to put a $200 deposit down to confirm a reservation and payment in full would not be due until 30 days prior to arrival. Even if you don't book the package, it will give you an idea of where to start with setting a budget.

I love planning Disney trips too! My target is under 5,000. We're not driving and are willing to make some of our own meals. We don't do park hoppers because no one has the energy for that much travel. We're eating at Teppan Edo, Tangieriene and Tusker.
Well, if you're staying onsite, and you have 5 people, you can either stay in a Family Suite at All Stars or Art of Animation, 2 rooms at any Value resort, Moderates that have a trundle bed, most Deluxe resorts, a Ft. Wilderness cabin, or rent points at a DVC resort (but finding available points then might be tough...early December is a favorite time to visit among DVC owners). The cost for accommodations will vary wildly over all those categories.

Five-day park hopper tickets will cost about $470 for an adult. Children (those 9 and under) will be slightly cheaper.

Food costs can also vary, depending on where you like to eat. You can check out all the menus for all the on-site restaurants right here on the DIS to give you an idea.

Also, transportation to and from the parks is a cost. Now that you have to pay a nightly parking fee, add anywhere from $50 to $100 to your stay. Of course, if you stay offsite and drive, you will pay to park at the parks. Flying vs driving (depending on where you live) can either help or hurt your budget.

As you can see, a week at Disney can cost anywhere from a couple thousand dollars to jaw-dropping expensive. It depends on your vacation style and your budget. I'd choose my budget first, and then work within those parameters. If you have a budget in mind...I can play with the numbers for you, and post a couple different options here. I love planning Disney trips! :D

Have you looked at the *free* dining offer that is currently out there? If you can delay your visit until a Dec. 7 check in, you would qualify. For a group of 5, that can be a cost savings. Try visiting the disneyworld.com website to check pricing and availability. You only have to put a $200 deposit down to confirm a reservation and payment in full would not be due until 30 days prior to arrival. Even if you don't book the package, it will give you an idea of where to start with setting a budget.
I can't see anything available. Do I have to keep checking? After the first few days, I thought most available rooms are gone.

I can't see anything available. Do I have to keep checking? After the first few days, I thought most available rooms are gone.
It doesn't hurt to keep checking. People could cancel their trip. Disney could add more inventory. Play around with your dates. Add a day or remove a day. Shift the check in/out dates by one or two days. If your dates are flexible, you may be able to find something available.

We are DVC so the cost is a little different. Not counting the initial purchase price.....

Annual Dues about $1600
Annual passes $1000 (includes Memory Maker)
Airfare 3 free flights, 3 for a total of $850ish
Food about $600 per trip (not counting the cost of TiW card)

So for 3 trips a year (Thanksgiving, spring break and ealy summer) $4050

DVC is the best purchase we have ever made - keeps on giving!!

It doesn't hurt to keep checking. People could cancel their trip. Disney could add more inventory. Play around with your dates. Add a day or remove a day. Shift the check in/out dates by one or two days. If your dates are flexible, you may be able to find something available.
You are right .Thats how we got a few nights at Pop Century. My dates are flexible, I want to be sure we go when the crowds are lowest.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter