How much is your 2018 Disney trip going to cost?

Where did you rent the points from if you don’t mind my asking. I assume the number of points needed varies with the dates you need. This is the first time I’ve looked at that resort, looks like a beautiful resort.
Hi! I rented from David’s Vacation Rentals. This was the first time using them but they get good reviews and I felt comfortable going with them. I compared the free dining promotion and an agency exclusive offer as well, and renting points came out way cheaper. Now, if I had wanted a less expensive time of year like Labor Day, the TA rate would have probably been my best bet. You can actually go onto the David’s site and use the cost calculator to see what each room will cost you for specific dates. The studios are really affordable. If you don’t need a 1 or 2 bedroom I highly recommend checking it out!

Sounds like you got some good deals!
I was wondering, is the AP worth it if you live so far away?? You can PM me or reply here if you want.
We have used our AP’s for food and shopping discounts especially with the 20% off Disney had until 12/23 so with the amount of trips we do it was worth it for us. I read you need to go to Disney for at least 10 days to make it worth it. We will have used ours 4 times when they expire so worth it for us. There are threads on here that talk about the worthiness and how to calculate your cost if you upgrade your current tickets, this helped us. We also got 13 months for the price of 12 with the special Disney had last year. We are not going to renew after they expire because we aren’t sure when we will be back. Hopefully sometime in 2019.

Have a wonderful trip, hope I helped a little.

You might want to consider changing from Deluxe Dining to Regular Dining to save some money. If you're not doing 3 sit down meals per day it might not be worth the cost. Just something to think about.

And you will have a full kitchen too.

Yacht Club Club Level W/MIL Discount and Reg Dining - 5200.
Airfare - 1800 - 2 Adults Comfort Plus
2 Miltiary 5day park hopper plus - about 600
Totals about 7600 before tips at dining and spending money - will be about 10,000 - maybe closer to 11,000

Taking a Disney cruise in early-mid December. For 7 nights it's about $4300 so far for me and my dad with a verandah cabin. Have the cruise and hotel room with free breakfast (continental) and all transportation to hotel, port and back to airport all booked. Just need to book the flights. Don't plan on doing expensive excursions. Instead we will be exploring ports on our own.

Last edited:
IF we go, its looking to be $1500 for a week at music in sept, with gas. And hopefully free dining. There are a whole lot of points, promos, discounted gift cards, referrals, and commissions to get it to that price. I am also the only Disney fan in the family. That is my biggest IF

I would double check your POR price, as I just changed my reservation today online to get the Fun in the Sun discount. It saved me a little over $200 and upgraded our room view. Just in case you can save any money. :)
Thanks for this information! :worship:

We are staying Poly from Oct 26-Nov 3, just me and DBF, 8 nights, 6 day park hoppers with 1 fun option and airfare (estimated $300 each) will be $4233.30 so with food (we are light eaters) & souvies around $5K for the trip!

Yacht Club Club Level W/MIL Discount and Reg Dining - 5200.
Airfare - 1800 - 2 Adults Comfort Plus
2 Miltiary 5day park hopper plus - about 600
Totals about 7600 before tips at dining and spending money - will be about 10,000 - maybe closer to 11,000

Wow... I'd like WDW to offer our military a better discount on the hotel.
Our YC club level was under $2000 for 5 nights...well no dining but still...?
Pretty good deal on the tickets though.
Have wonderful trip!

$400 tickets (4 day FL resident), $500 for Sheraton LBV (4 nights), $75/day food (probably less), $50/day transport. Flights $300 RT

$1750 for a 3 day trip. Not too bad.

Last edited:
Later this month:

5 nights @ Coronado = $600 (credit card and Disney Visa discounts)
Flights @ Frontier = $115 for 2/ RT (plus $75 in bag fees for free from Amex plat credits)
Car @ Hertz = $140 (Priceline and primary insurance from United card)
Have AP bought in October for Food and Wine, this will be the third use of them, so no new ticket price.
Have gift cards bought on discount and from xmas for food

Edit to add I might wipe out the Frontier cost with my Arrival miles. Haven't decided yet.
Please let me know how you got the hotel so cheap. When you say credit card, did you get free nights? Right now, rates are $300/night!!

Wow.
Y'all get some killer rates on rooms. Not sure If I'm just not looking early enough, flexible enough or what.

3 Adults

Pop Century 4/29 - 5/6
7 Day park tickets
$2620

Still need to buy plane fare from BOS for 3.

Food = ????? None of us drink, so thats a savings. We have one signature booked (Jiko for my 30th b-day) and maybe 1-2 other TS. Then its QS and snacks.

I might spend $100-$150 on merch. (Japan pavillion :D)

Viking7641, A moment ago

So we decided that after 5 years it was time to go back to the mouse in 2018. This may be our last family vacation together as our son will be headed off to college next year, and our daughter only has a few more years before she is off to college herself. (*sigh) So we decided to give it one last hurrah and go all out. I know we have to be crazy to spend this amount, but the memories will last us much longer. (and probably the credit card bills too!):rolleyes1

18 days at the mouse late August - First part of September (5 people total... me, DH and our two kids, and then my brother will join us a week later)

Airfare - had enough sky miles for 3 first class tickets (the kids might as well experience 1st class once in their lifetime - heck, I've only done it once and I still remember it.) We ended up having to purchase 1 FC ticket - $800 (broken down for all of us $200 each for airfare)

Car Rental - 18 days - minivan - $1000.00 (hope this will come down a tad more)

Hotel - 6 days Club level at AKL = $4000 (before any discounts - hoping we are lucky enough to nab one before our trip of some kind of discount!)

Hotel - remaining 12 days at the DoubleTree in Disney Springs - $3000

Park Tickets - 1 AP / 3, 10 day park tickets = $2300

Food - $3000 (this includes food, snacks, etc) but does not cover special meals like Hoop
Dee Doo, Chef Mickey, Via Napoli, etc. - We get a light breakfast at AKL and at the DoubleTree each morning so that helps our food budget out a ton!

We were also planning on doing some outside activities as well (Blue Man Group @ Universal, Horseback riding at Ft. Wilderness, and maybe a few of the WDW park tours, MNSSHP?) = $2000 (aprox)

Disney Meals - O'Hana, House of Blues, Hoop Dee Doo, and others - $2500

So roughly, not including any spending money, we are at about $20K for this trip.:eek:
I know that seems like a ton, but broken down per day that's about $200 a day for everything for everyone.

Now, when the Minnesota winters are as crappy as they are today (see photo below...) yep, we are supposed to get 11+" of heavy, wet snow today into tonight that is what keeps me going for the next 200+ days as well. So if you account that into the mix, that comes down to only $'s a day. And to me, that's all a part of it.

~D

window_2.jpg

7 nights for 3 people (going with family for the CCVWL portion; below is our cost)
One at Pop $97
Three at CCVWL 2-bedroom $1035 (our portion)
Three at POR $598
DAH event $357
Tickets $1300
Flights $400 for 3 round trip
Spending money $2000 or so over 8 days. Hopefully less.

Roughly $6000 give or take a few hundred. Not terrible for a full week but not exactly cheap either. Hoping to plan a quick fall weekend for MNSSHP and keep that one closer to $2000.

3 people-POP 5/12-19, 5 day base park tickets plus one "fun day" ticket = $1863.00
airfare round trip from LAX for 3 =$774.00
long term parking- $85.00
total= $2722.00
Food and merch budget figuring $1000.00(may change)-this includes one day at kennedy space center which is $300.00

Trip for 8 to Walt Disney World, August 1-7
AIRFARE
Airfare for 6(Coach) on JetBlue for LAX>MCO(Red-eye that leaves July 31st), then MCO>LAX: ~$2280.00
Airfare for 2(Coach) Booked with JetBlue TrueBlue Points for LAX>MCO(Red-eye that leaves July 31st, then MCO>LAX: $24.00 (Taxes)

RESORT

6 Night Stay in a 2-Bedroom Villa - Lake View, at Bay Lake Tower at Disney's Contemporary Resort(Not using DVC Points, Paying "Cash"): $3652.76

FOOD

Disney Dining Plan for 8 Adults: $3623.52
Estimated Gratuity for ADR party of 6+(6 ADRs estimated at $50/person with 18%, rounded up to 20%):~$480.00

THEME PARK ADMISSION

4 7-Day Parkhopper Tickets: ~$2060

GRAND TOTAL: $12,120.28

The number is high, but it is being payed evenly between 8 people(We're each paying $120/month for 12 months). If you think the numbers above seem screwy, and awfully low for what we're getting, there's a few details mentioned in my pre-trip report(shameless plug) that can explain that. I haven't accounted for spending money, because I really don't know how inclined each individual person will be to spend money.

Headed to FL tomorrow...

Jan 24-31, 2 adults; CSR std, DDP, 5d base tickets; $2850
Round-trip, direct flights YHZ-MCO: $460 ($575 CAD)
+ tips for table service meals: $115
+ upgrade to park-hopper upon arrival: $150
====================
$3575 grand total

0. We decided to postpone our trip to 2019.

We were going to go in August for 6 days/5 nights at the Beach Club with 2 adults/1 child with 5 day park hoppers for $2600. I have enough miles to cover airfare and enough points to cover dining.

May 28-June 1 at CSR
4 day PH ticket
DDP for 3 adults - Me, my husband and DD (who is 11)
Total = $3023.94 + airfare

We want to plan a short trip this fall also. Haven't even started on that one yet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter