How much is your 2018 Disney trip going to cost?

So we decided that after 5 years it was time to go back to the mouse in 2018. This may be our last family vacation together as our son will be headed off to college next year, and our daughter only has a few more years before she is off to college herself. (*sigh) So we decided to give it one last hurrah and go all out. I know we have to be crazy to spend this amount, but the memories will last us much longer. (and probably the credit card bills too!):rolleyes1

18 days at the mouse late August - First part of September (5 people total... me, DH and our two kids, and then my brother will join us a week later)

Airfare - had enough sky miles for 3 first class tickets (the kids might as well experience 1st class once in their lifetime - heck, I've only done it once and I still remember it.) We ended up having to purchase 1 FC ticket - $800 (broken down for all of us $200 each for airfare)

Car Rental - 18 days - minivan - $1000.00 (hope this will come down a tad more)

Hotel - 6 days Club level at AKL = $4000 (before any discounts - hoping we are lucky enough to nab one before our trip of some kind of discount!)

Hotel - remaining 12 days at the DoubleTree in Disney Springs - $3000

Park Tickets - 1 AP / 3, 10 day park tickets = $2300

Food - $3000 (this includes food, snacks, etc) but does not cover special meals like Hoop
Dee Doo, Chef Mickey, Via Napoli, etc. - We get a light breakfast at AKL and at the DoubleTree each morning so that helps our food budget out a ton!

We were also planning on doing some outside activities as well (Blue Man Group @ Universal, Horseback riding at Ft. Wilderness, and maybe a few of the WDW park tours, MNSSHP?) = $2000 (aprox)

Disney Meals - O'Hana, House of Blues, Hoop Dee Doo, and others - $2500

So roughly, not including any spending money, we are at about $20K for this trip.:eek:
I know that seems like a ton, but broken down per day that's about $200 a day for everything for everyone.

Now, when the Minnesota winters are as crappy as they are today (see photo below...) yep, we are supposed to get 11+" of heavy, wet snow today into tonight that is what keeps me going for the next 200+ days as well. So if you account that into the mix, that comes down to only $'s a day. And to me, that's all a part of it.

~D

View attachment 297390
I think it sounds fantastic! You might be able to snag free dining for the AKL portion of your trip if a room discount doesn’t happen.

Ours will be about $12k all in. We haven't taken a real family vacation since 2013. We've done some staycations and a couple long weekends here and there (and I've done a trip with friends), but this trip will be 11 nights at WDW over 4th of July! I have always wanted to stay that long because we have family in Orlando and we always feel crunched for time when we spend a week and have to fit in family visits with our park/resort time.

We are going all in this year because it will likely be our last long family vacation until either Summer 2020 or 2021. It will also be our older son's birthday during the trip. We got great discounts on the rooms using the military discount offer. There are 2 adults and 2 kids (13 and 12).

Contemporary, 4 nights in a Standard Room-Tower Club Level (over the 4th...yay for fireworks from the tower!) : $2387.54
Beach Club, 7 nights in a Deluxe Room-Club Level: $3485.86
Flights on Southwest: approximately $1720
Tickets: Not sure if we will do the Military 5 day Hopper Plus or splurge on 10 Day Hopper Plus, so either $1124 or $2074
Rental Car: $500 (?) Not sure we will get the car yet.
Food and souvenirs: $1500 or so. Probably less, since we will be Club Level the whole time and we typically are light eaters and maybe get one meal per day outside of the CL offerings. And we don't buy much because we are Disneyland Annual Passholders and get a 20% merch discount here, and there aren't really that many WDW specific things we find that we NEED to have.

One caveat for this trip is, we won't go unless we pay off our other debt first, and we have this WHOLE trip paid off before we leave. We have some other savings goals we are working on right now as well. We *should* be good to go based on my budget for the next 6 months, but we will drastically scale back the trip if we begin falling short of our goals. We can downgrade the rooms and will definitely only do the 5 day hopper if necessary, which will allow us to go but in a more budget friendly way. I'm also hoping those flight prices go down. I haven't bought them yet, but they are hovering around $425 per person round trip from our home airport, and we have already decided we will NOT consider the other airport options even though they may be a bit cheaper (because I HATE them so much...) The rental car is also expendable. It will be nice to have, but not necessary.

We currently have 3 trips booked in 2018, but I've only really planned out the cost for our "big" summer trip so far:

2 adults, 1 child age 8
14 nights (split stay - 1 Pop/4 POFQ/9 BC) with DDP (including additional for tips): $6870
Maybe around $1500 for extras (things not included in DDP, spending money, tips, etc. We never actually budget for the extras so not really sure if that's accurate)
We will be renewing our APs before this trip which I calculated around $2360 - we will make at least 3-4 trips with our APs so spreading that out I'll say about $1270 for this particular trip
Gas will be around $250
Cat sitter $400 (My parents have graciously offered to keep our dogs so that saves us about $900)
Total $10290

Yikes that's a lot - I haven't added it all up before! I'm hoping for a decent AP discount that will bring the cost of lodging down. I'm currently booked through a TA exclusive and one of the BC nights is free. Depending on our bonuses this year I may book the Wild Africa Trek as a splurge so I haven't factored that in to the "extras" above. We don't usually get a DP but we think it will be worth it now with the included alcohol since we usually get a drink with meals anyway. We also buy Disney GCs with our Redcard so that will save roughly $500.

Just booked a trip for Dec 3-7, 2018. 4 nights at Pop Century, two 2-day park tickets and the dining plan came to a grand total.of $1599 plus two tickets to Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party. ($89 each?)

4437$
I’ll be solo at Port Orleans Riverside, garden view
14 nights with free quick service dining and
14 day hopper inc water parks for the price of 7 (UK deal)
memory maker and 200$ gift card
700$ return airfare from Sweden
500$ additional spending money although when I get there I buy what I wsnt and worry about it later!

For me it’s a lot of money and I’m thinking of canceling as I visit every year and there are other places (Hawaii!) I’m dying to visit. I’m just worried because it’s changing so much and the crowds are already there which I hate but it’s only going to get even more crowded once StarWars opens.
I’ve heard that free dining will really go away next year for good so that’s another reason I’ll probably/maybe might keep my booking.

Family of 5 - 2 Adults, 2 teenagers, 1 child. Last trip before we have to start looking at colleges :(.

Flying from CA - $2500 - got tickets on points so only $55

11-nights mid-June at POR - $2700 - hopefully I will get a 15-20% discount

9-day Park Hopper&Water park tickets from UCT or Disney GC from Sams (basically 5% off) - $2600

Food - I'm guessing it will be about $2500, but hoping for less. We will eat breakfast in room. But we will be doing breakfast at Tusker House one morning, TRex dinner, BOG lunch, Via Napoli dinner, Sci-Fi HS dinner. Depending on how much my teenagers eat I'm hoping food will be closer to $2000.

Pirates and Pals for my son's birthday - $350

Kennedy Space Center for 1 day - $250; one day rental car will be covered by cc points and maybe tickets too.

We have saved about $5,000 between the flights being covered by cc points and saving from recycling/garage sale/birthday money. We will also be using Disney GC from Sams club for our room and food so we will save 5% by just doing that.

4 adults June 16th-23rd @ Pop Century
7 days with a 5 day non Park Hopper: $4300 (two separate preferred rooms)
Flights: ~$1000 (Possibly less with reward point cash in)
Food: ~$1700 (Haven't finalized dining yet, so the price could go up or down).
Souvenirs: ~$500

Total: ~$7500

4 adults (because anyone over 10 is a Disney adult), first week of December.
8 nights at the Contemporary (renting DVC points from friend): $3170
7 day park hoppers, using friend's DVC price (because he will be with us): $1480
DDP: $2415
So, $7065 without airfare. We are looking at converting points to miles and using companion fares to make it less than $500 from west to east coast and back.

I'm REALLY trying to save up and go to the MVMCP, too, but I'm also paying off bills. :)

Family of 5

7 nights at POR and 3 day, plus water park tix*=$2225
Gas for 2000 Miles RT=~$250
Hotel for drive down=$100
Tusker House breakfast=$160 (I guess?)
Food (sharing QS)=$700

So, $3435 if I did math right

*we have non expiring tix to use up for 4/5 of us that includes WP. DD10 has 5 days left, so she doesn’t even need tix.

Last edited:
4 nights at BCV following a conference (for my job) at Gaylord Palms
We own a contract at BCV = $0 OOP
Airfare = Southwest - my job pays for mine - DH + DS = $600? unfortunately I earned the companion pass too late for this trip
We have annual passes that expire in June 2018 = $0 OOP
Food - this one is tight - DH says we have $853 to spend but it has to cover his and DS23 meals while we are at my conference plus meals for all 3 while at BCV
Uber or Lyft from the Gaylord Palms to BCV = ?
Parking at airport - $100
Souvenirs - come out of everyone's allowance
Kennel for two dogs - $40 a day x 8 = $320

Total = approximately $2,000+

6 nights at the Boardwalk
Room - No cost at time of trip we are DVC members (However about $2000 in annual maintenance fees and property taxes)
Gas - About 1700 miles to WDW and back home (Around $200-$250)
Tickets - 4 adults $1744 for 5 day park hopper
Food - Estimating about $1200 - $1500

Recently returned from 9 night stay at POP; just my husband and I. Spent a little over$3400, but $1280 of that was paid for with Visa redemption card, so $2120 OOP. Here's the breakdown:
Airfare $500
Hotel $1160
Food $706
Tickets $1055 (8 day park-hoppers)
Misc $12 (I bought an ornament in Norway to replace one that I have; decided not to buy anything unless I really couldn't live without it....found nothing! saved money! I have enough t-shirts and mugs already)

4 nights at BCV following a conference (for my job) at Gaylord Palms
We own a contract at BCV = $0 OOP
Airfare = Southwest - my job pays for mine - DH + DS = $600? unfortunately I earned the companion pass too late for this trip
We have annual passes that expire in June 2018 = $0 OOP
Food - this one is tight - DH says we have $853 to spend but it has to cover his and DS23 meals while we are at my conference plus meals for all 3 while at BCV
Uber or Lyft from the Gaylord Palms to BCV = ?
Parking at airport - $100
Souvenirs - come out of everyone's allowance
Kennel for two dogs - $40 a day x 8 = $320

Total = approximately $2,000+

I don't understand the part of you earned companion pass too late? If your trip hasn't happened and you have earned the companion pass it is not too late. Just cancel the ticket and rebook as companion. Maybe I am misinterpreting what you said.

Trip for my 3yo son and myself in late Oct-early Nov. Looking forward to Halloween fun at the resort, but not planning to do MNSSHP.
6 nights at Pop and 6 day base tix. Paying all food out of pocket, just 3 table service. Breakfast in room and packing snacks, so total food cost is under $500.
Booking airfare on points, and not big on souvenirs.
Total with all expenses (including things like airport parking) is $2,100. If I can rack up enough airfare points, we'll do this again in 2019!

We are doing our farewell to Disneyland Nov. dapper day weekend. Not farewell forever, but for at least 5 years. So we are going big.
We are estimating our trip to cost aprox. $3,220.
So we are putting away $100/week to save up for the trip.

Going to Disneyland for the first time this year, my mom and I! So far it's over $1000 for tickets and lodging...not including plane tickets and such.

So, I'm planning on upgrading to an AP once our trip begins (Sept 14th!), but we'll be attending MNSSHP and I want to do the Marceline to the Magic Kingdom tour. Is there a way to retroactively apply the AP discount to the MNSSHP tickets and the tour? We'll be buying tickets/booking the tour as soon as we can, but it'd be great if we could apply the AP discount once we upgrade to the AP (which would be before doing the tour or the party).

We ( my husband and I) planned this trip just a week ago for end of April! We were 61 days out when we planned it... We got lucky...

My brother and sister in law have a 4 night trip planned. We added to their trip. She is a cast member at our local store and gets discounts and tickets..

Splitting a room with them; our cost $410 for pirate room at CBR
Free tickets, 4 park days
My mom used her southwest points and got us free flights, just paid for early bird and taxes; $82.

We have about $140 in Disney rewards from our card and a $50 gift card from a friend from Christmas. Those will be for food. My birthday is next week so prob getting more gift cards. Will buy souvenirs pins and magnet like we do every year.

I still can’t believe our out of pocket cost right now is under $500 for the two of us. I didn’t think I would be going back because we are going to buy a house this year. Haven’t been home since Oct 2016. So excited for flower and garden festival!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!