how much money to spend

becky23

Mouseketeer
I was wondering how much does everyone usually spend on vaction at disney. I have been planning and planning and already have hit the $3000.00 mark I think that sounds like alot- bit maybe that is normal for disney?

I guess it depends on how long you are going to be there, where you stay, what restaurants you will eat at etc... We were there for 14 days last year and spent about $7000.00. This was $1800 for vacation home $1300 tickets (did US/IOA and Seaworld also), about $900 for food. The other $3000 was gas to drive down, eating on the way down, groceries, character breakfast's and lots and lots of souveniers. Didn't know if we would ever get to go back so we went all out!

Will be going back Dec. 2004---Will splurge again--it is well worth it!!

I agree, it completely depends on how you're doing it. I'm a college student in NC, and I got an AP in March. The March trip was kind of expensive, since I bought my ticket then (and I bought my boyfriend's PH for him for Christmas), but we stay off grounds, so our lodging for the whole trip usually runs less than $300. I am in no way less happy staying off grounds. I would not get enough value from staying somewhere on grounds because I want to go to the parks all day, I don't care what my room looks like, as long as it is clean. I can't see that I spent anywhere near that, provided my ticket is divided amongst the three trips. I'm also dividing your total by 3 and 4. But, it's all how you choose to do it. If you want to stay somewhere more expensive, that'll change the cost. Restaurants also change the cost. We never eat at the buffets or any character meals, we go somewhere we can order just what we want, which saves some. Since I can only eat small amounts, buffets just aren't a good value. Ok, that's my two cents for now.

Yep... it all depends on what you want to spend. DH and I have the Silver Plan Package at AKL (savannah view) for a week and our total is ~$3,000. Airfare will run about $175, car rental another $200. We don't have to worry about meals (included in the Silver Plan) but we will probably bring down another $1,000 for spending money (of that $220 will go towards a birthday cruise) and tickets to Universal. I am also having baskets delivered to the hotel for my parents, my brother and my sister so that adds another couple hundred bucks. You can certainly do it much cheaper and you could also do it for far more. It all depends on your budget. Like Lori says, this will be our last trip for probably 3 years so we are going all out.

For the last 2 years, my fiance and I have gone down in the summer and stayed at Port Orleans Riverside. We stay for 7 nights. With air fare from Philly, town car pick up, tickets, lodging, and one nice restaurant meal or character meal per day, we usually spend about $2,000. We usually spend about another $300 on souvenirs. We do or eat everything we want, but we still manage to keep it pretty reasonable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter