How much time?

LittleP

Earning My Ears
Can someone give me some advice on how much time it takes to tour WAP and Legoland? I will be with DH (a child at heart), DS (9) and DD (6). DS loves Legos and DD loves giraffes.

Should I plan on a whole day (open to close) at each park? :confused3

I am a regular at Legoland and the Wild Animal Park. Open to close is the answer for Legoland. Since I am a member...I tend to go for 3-5 hours, but whenever we go with visitors, it is a whole day affair.
The Wild Animal Park really is amazing/one of a kind experience...but most kids won't make it a whole day. The displays are very spread out which allows the animals to live in wonderful spacious areas...but any kids we have taken is pretty bored after the tram/train ride around the enclosures. There is giraffe feeding which is pretty amazing in the heart of Africa exhibit.
Get to the WAP EARLY!!!! It gets pretty beastly hot pretty early as it is so far east.
So, short answer...LegoLand...all day. WAP first thing in the AM thru lunch and early afternoon.
Have fun!!

We went to WAP 2 summers ago with a 7-year old and 9-year old. We were there from about 11 until 9 at night. We rode the tram twice--day and evening, took our time wandering around, watched the shows, played at the playground, got wet at the little area where kids could play, rode the carousel and just had a great time. Legoland has a water play area that is new where kids can get soaked. If it is a warm day, they can easily spend an hour or more there. Take a change of clothes.

Legoland has a lot shorter hours then most parks so on some days it closes at 5:00 or 6:00 pm. So you could still plan other things in the evening. Legoland has smaller rides not thrill rides but with your kids ages they will probably like it. Two of my three kids the 12 and 10 year olds don't like going there any more (to much for the younger set) but my 7 year old still loves it.

WAP is way spread out. It is hot (for us coast people) there so be prepared for that. Most of the animals go in during the day out of the heat so you don't always see many animals. Maybe try one of the safari van adventures where you get taken into the enclosures and get to feed the animals from the back of the truck and take pictures. It is pretty cool for all ages.

Lori B

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter