How often do you go back?

I own at aulani and i also live like 20 mins away. Stayed here a couple times when they first open. Cast members treat locals and dvc owners with attitude..

Hosp

I own at aulani and i also live like 20 mins away. Stayed here a couple times when they first open. Cast members treat locals and dvc owners with attitude..

Hosp

Interesting. We're DVC owners and we've spent over 7 weeks at Aulani, spread out over 3 trips, and not once did we have a bad interaction with a cast member. Are you saying they treat locals AND DVC members with attitudes or that they treat DVC members who also live locally with attitude?

Cast members treat locals and dvc owners with attitude..
I've only visited Aulani 4 times now but I can't say I've noticed any "attitude" other than them genuinely wanting to share the Hawaiian culture with us.

Hosp

Do you think for the locals it's resentment? Like "how come you can afford this place while we have to work here?". I know Aulani's pay is average.

Do you think for the locals it's resentment? Like "how come you can afford this place while we have to work here?". I know Aulani's pay is average.
So, do the "locals" also have an issue with they pay scales at the Four Seasons? The Marriott Vacation Club? How about any of the resort hotels in the Waikiki area?

So, do the "locals" also have an issue with they pay scales at the Four Seasons? The Marriott Vacation Club? How about any of the resort hotels in the Waikiki area?

I didn't say anything about the way locals actually feel about the pay because I have no clue. Also, I couldn't generalize locals like that, anyway. I was simply addressing the fact that if you are doing basic service jobs at Aulani, it means that you're getting paid between $9 and $13 an hour to serve people who either have $22,000 to buy into the Disney club or whatever that is, or have the ability to spend between $300 and $500 a night on a room there. Personally, I would be kind of resentful, but I'm fortunate enough to have a white-collar job that pays a livable wage.

Last edited:

We went back in 2015 for a trip of a lifetime. Fell in love with Aulani and Hawaii and bought more DVC points so we could return. Have gone the last 2 summers as well. We have been treated great by every cast member we have ever dealt with. They have always gone above and beyond and so friendly.

Returned to Aulani earlier this year and already planning another trip next year. Our young ones regularly ask "Can we go to Hawaii today?"

We also would have a hard time staying there without renting or owning DVC. Agree with others that each time we go back, we spend less time doing other things and more time staying at the resort.

2 times the first year and now at least once a year. We plan to make it an Xmas tradition for the foreseeable future. The last day you are there its agony to go home!

Hosp

Hello Buson808! We are Hawaii residents (Oahu) as well. We are DVC members. Aulani is our home resort.

If we cannot travel to Disneyland or Disney World, then we have weekend staycations at Aulani. We celebrated birthdays and anniversary. My boys ages 14 and 12 LOVE it!

We also rented the studio to our dear family and friends. They enjoy and love the resort too!

Last edited:
We too are wanting to make a trip back after staying a week last summer. I thought it would a one time adventure and we could check it off our Disney bucket list, but it was amazing and once is not enough. We wanted to try Thanksgiving this year, but the flights prices just won't drop. So, unfortunately, we've made alternate plans. However, I know we'll be back. And once the kids are out of the house and it's just two plane tickets, we'll be regulars!

We went to Aulani in March 2015 for 5 nights (also did 2 nights in Waikiki). We loved it! However, we used miles and points to get to Hawaii and stay for free, and I thought it was a once-in-a-lifetime trip.

Over the past year, my family has been requesting to go back to Hawaii. So, we are returning in March 2018. But this time, we will do 6 days in Kauai and then 4 nights at Aulani (without leaving the resort).

We have been twice, planning a return trip for December, 2018. First year we did only Oahu-half at Aulani, half in Waikiki; next trip was half in Maui; half at Aulani; this next trip will probably be Aulani and either Maui or a different Island. It's a beautiful place.

We will probably do Hawaii again in 2 years, but are planning on Kauai (already done Maui and Hawaii). Hopefully we can add on a few days at Aulani too!

Every 2.5 years or so. I bank / borrow points so I can go every other years. It's not just Aulani. It's Hawaii itself, keep calling me back. :)

We did a dvc tour at the poly. We then learned how much DVC resale was and are kicking ourselves for renting points for two Aulani vacations. We are closing soon on our Aulani purchase! We look forward to visiting every other year :) love Hawaii and Aulani!

We had a 6 year gap between trips, however we just got back last week and are considering next year at Aulani again and holding off one more year for WDW

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter