how realistic is it to hope to find ADR at Ohana with less than 2 months to go??

LindaY

Earning My Ears
How many of you got hard to get ADR with less than 2 months to go? Sadly, when I booked my Disney package the girl told me the wrong date to get reservations so I missed the 180 day mark by 3 days. I am really hoping to snag some Ohana tickets the night we arrive ( Oct 9th) but so far no luck! I have been checking all through the day. Do they open up closer to the date?

Stalk the ADRs. Like crazy. Others will also suggest Touring Plans free ADR finder. I had better success in just plain crazy stalking. Like all hours of the day and night. Something will pop up. Don't give up. Remember there will be lots of people cancelling the day before.

I started getting ADRs at 30 days out and got everything I wanted. You can do it.

How many are you trying to make reservations for? If it's just two try booking for 3 or 4. Disney's reservation system is a bit more complex than it needs to be.

I booked my reservation about 30 days out and got a 6:45 dinner reservation for two but it came with lots of stalking at all hours.

OP, have you been to Ohana before and already know you like it enough? Only asking because this place has very mixed reviews. Some love it and swear by it, others hate it (us!) and have had negative experiences. Just a thought. There are many good restaurants onsite. :)

I have gotten very hard ADRs the week before and sometimes even the day before. People have to cancel 24 hrs. ahead or pay a penalty so ADRs do open up! Just like other pp's have said you just need to stalk the site. You will get something.
Good luck! Ohana is my boys favorite!!

I recommend touring plans. I mistakenly made all or plans for one week but found out 2 months the trip that I planned the wrong week! So rooms and tickets weren't a problem but I lost all my dining reservations. I got all the popular reservations that I had before by using them. Ohana dinner and breakfast, BOG dinner and preopen breakfast Tusker House. It's free and can't hurt to try :-)

Stalk MDE for ADR openings and use Touring Plans reservation finder. Two months is plenty of time to look - and keep at it until the day-of if it's one you really want. People will cancel - it's just a matter of catching the opening when it happens.

An Oct 9 reservation might be a little trickier since it's on the Columbus Day weekend AND it's a party night (which may be prompting MK guests not attending to head to dinner nearby at Poly/GF/CR when the park closes). Good luck!

How many are you trying to make reservations for? If it's just two try booking for 3 or 4. Disney's reservation system is a bit more complex than it needs to be.

I booked my reservation about 30 days out and got a 6:45 dinner reservation for two but it came with lots of stalking at all hours.
There are 6 of us.

Stalk MDE for ADR openings and use Touring Plans reservation finder. Two months is plenty of time to look - and keep at it until the day-of if it's one you really want. People will cancel - it's just a matter of catching the opening when it happens.

An Oct 9 reservation might be a little trickier since it's on the Columbus Day weekend AND it's a party night (which may be prompting MK guests not attending to head to dinner nearby at Poly/GF/CR when the park closes). Good luck![/ I'm sure it will complicate being a holiday. Oh well... I'll be vigilant at stalking!

I wanted to switch my 'Ohana breakfast to another day (Oct.13 ). I signed up for TP reservation finder. I got one within 24 hours. I would definitely recommend signing up for it. It's free.

TP is the way to go. Party of 6... you will have a blast. For our families this is a must every trip.

I was able to get Ohana's for a party of 6 about two months out for 4th of July week this year. We were staying at Universal for a Universal only trip, but my family insisted that we couldn't go to Orlando and not eat at Ohana's. It took a few tries but eventually I was able to get a 9:30 reservation on one night. I kept checking back and about a month out I was able to get an 8:45 for a different night so I took it and cancelled the later one. While we were at Universal, probably the day before our reservation I found an 8:20 opening for our same night so I switched again. You just gotta check as often as possible, but something will usually eventually open up.

I was able to get Ohana's for a party of 6 about two months out for 4th of July week this year. We were staying at Universal for a Universal only trip, but my family insisted that we couldn't go to Orlando and not eat at Ohana's. It took a few tries but eventually I was able to get a 9:30 reservation on one night. I kept checking back and about a month out I was able to get an 8:45 for a different night so I took it and cancelled the later one. While we were at Universal, probably the day before our reservation I found an 8:20 opening for our same night so I switched again. You just gotta check as often as possible, but something will usually eventually open up.
Thanks for the encouragement! I have been checking throughout the day. I still have a month and a half to go so I'm hoping! So far the only time that opened up was a 9:50. There is no way we could do that with little ones and we will have been up since 4:00am for a 5:30am flight! I'll keep trying!

OP, have you been to Ohana before and already know you like it enough? Only asking because this place has very mixed reviews. Some love it and swear by it, others hate it (us!) and have had negative experiences. Just a thought. There are many good restaurants onsite. :)

We were not impressed with dinner at all, it was a big disappointment for us, food was just so-so. Breakfast, on the other hand, we loved.

One thing that I do when I'm wondering how easy it is to score a reservation less than 180 days out is look at what is available literally today, tomorrow, and the next few days in disney for the people who are there right now. It's amazing what opens up 24-72 hours in advance. It may give you an idea of what you may have a chance at getting closer to your actual dates - and possibly while you're actually in WDW. Last trip, we decided to add the dining plan about 45 days before our trip - and I was one table reservation short to spending all our credits. We decided to add Crystal Palace but the only thing I could get at the time was a 3pm lunch on the day I needed it. The day before, we happened to be in the hotel room while the kids napped and I found a 12:10 just randomly checking. I didn't know about touring plans or these boards at the time, so I kind of just stumbled upon the realization that people move stuff around all the time.

One thing that I do when I'm wondering how easy it is to score a reservation less than 180 days out is look at what is available literally today, tomorrow, and the next few days in disney for the people who are there right now. It's amazing what opens up 24-72 hours in advance. It may give you an idea of what you may have a chance at getting closer to your actual dates - and possibly while you're actually in WDW. Last trip, we decided to add the dining plan about 45 days before our trip - and I was one table reservation short to spending all our credits. We decided to add Crystal Palace but the only thing I could get at the time was a 3pm lunch on the day I needed it. The day before, we happened to be in the hotel room while the kids napped and I found a 12:10 just randomly checking. I didn't know about touring plans or these boards at the time, so I kind of just stumbled upon the realization that people move stuff around all the time.
Great suggestion! I have been obsessively checking but nothing has shown up, but I think your on to something about a big shift 24-72 hrs before. I'm going to start looking at that!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!