how realistic is it to hope to find ADR at Ohana with less than 2 months to go??

How many of you got hard to get ADR with less than 2 months to go? Sadly, when I booked my Disney package the girl told me the wrong date to get reservations so I missed the 180 day mark by 3 days. I am really hoping to snag some Ohana tickets the night we arrive ( Oct 9th) but so far no luck! I have been checking all through the day. Do they open up closer to the date?

As others have said, it is possible. Just keep checking every day, multiple times and a day. Good luck!

I have gotten very hard ADRs the week before and sometimes even the day before. People have to cancel 24 hrs. ahead or pay a penalty so ADRs do open up! Just like other pp's have said you just need to stalk the site. You will get something.
Good luck! Ohana is my boys favorite!!

This has been our experience as well. Things can/do open up, so it's always good to be persistent and keep checking!

Us too. Three times so far. Day before.
Ok, you all are pretty convincing. Should I be brave and cancel my back up reservation at the kona cafe at the polynesian? We are staying there. I can't remember if I get penalized for that one.

Ok, you all are pretty convincing. Should I be brave and cancel my back up reservation at the kona cafe at the polynesian? We are staying there. I can't remember if I get penalized for that one.

Keep it for now. Cancel before the 24hr mark of you find Ohana. There is a $10/person penalty for all ADR cancellations inside 24 hours.

What day of the week are you trying for? Midweek will be more likely to snag a last minute Ohana.

Are you willing to do Ohana on any day of your trip in lieu of another ADD? If so, start checking MDE the day before you arrive and check it every day, several times a day.

Keep it for now. Cancel before the 24hr mark of you find Ohana. There is a $10/person penalty for all ADR cancellations inside 24 hours.

What day of the week are you trying for? Midweek will be more likely to snag a last minute Ohana.

Are you willing to do Ohana on any day of your trip in lieu of another ADD? If so, start checking MDE the day before you arrive and check it every day, several times a day.
We are hoping for Oct 9th. It would be when we arrive. We could make the 10th work too but not as well. The hard part is if it's true that I'm more likely to snag last min reservation the day of I would get stuck with the penalty. I guess a 60.00 loss isn't the worst thing considering all we are already spending!!

We are hoping for Oct 9th. It would be when we arrive. We could make the 10th work too but not as well. The hard part is if it's true that I'm more likely to snag last min reservation the day of I would get stuck with the penalty. I guess a 60.00 loss isn't the worst thing considering all we are already spending!!

I think you'll land one before then as long as you are persistent - potentially stalker-like persistence :surfweb:

Keep in mind, once people can make Fastpass+ reservations, ADRs get moved around left and right. Last time I was down there, I reserved a BOG lunch at 9pm the previous night.
I also suggest using Touring Plans ADR finder.

I've gotten it last minute the night before. Just keep checking at random times. I find I can often score hard to get ones on short notice late at night or really early morning because someone has released it and not as many people are checking at those times. (It pays to have a baby who doesn't sleep sometimes LOL)

I was able to change the time for my Ohana dinner today from 8:30 to 8:10, only a week and half away using touringplans, I was excited!

We got it through the thread here last time. I will also have hubby stalking through Touringplans so that we can move it up slightly.

I don't even feel like they've released the bulk of their reservations (for December at least). I was on at 180 and about two times a day since then and I've seen maybe three open reservations...

I website stalked like CRAZY for our perfect 'Ohana reservation. I danced around the house when I got it (after ten weeks of 'stalking'!). Believe it or not, a couple of weeks ago, I got a Touring Plans alert for a time almost the same as the one I got! So I think a combination of 'stalking' and TP will definitely work! I've heard that there are many cancellations around the 60 day Fast Pass window (maybe yours has passed already?), and at 30 days when the full trip cost is due to Disney (some people cancel their trips and ADRs at this point). My in-laws went to WDW about a month ago, and I was able to find ADRs for all of the most wanted restaurants DURING their trip on the website. 'Ohana, CRT, etc.! I am also looking for the 'perfect' ADR date/ time for CRT for our trip. I just keep stalking away, fingers crossed! Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!