how to add reservations and see tickets on our Disneyland app

gduvall

DIS Veteran
when i try to add my reservations for VGC, it's a 12 digit number, and the disneyland app will only accept 8 digit resort reservations. i've already got my tickets added, just trying to get resort added now

I purchased a 5 day ticket direct from the Disneyland website. I booked a Good Neighbor hotel, however not as a package, rather directly through the hotel. I know this will put me in the last tier of park reservations if DL works the same as WDW (which I know we don't know this at this time). I can see our tickets on the app, but is there a place to see them on the website? The only thing I can see that references tickets is for APs. Just want to make sure all my ducks are in a row anticipating making park reservations on the website. Thanks!

I purchased a 5 day ticket direct from the Disneyland website. I booked a Good Neighbor hotel, however not as a package, rather directly through the hotel. I know this will put me in the last tier of park reservations if DL works the same as WDW (which I know we don't know this at this time). I can see our tickets on the app, but is there a place to see them on the website? The only thing I can see that references tickets is for APs. Just want to make sure all my ducks are in a row anticipating making park reservations on the website. Thanks!
No. I am in same boat. Can see my tickets in the app but NOT on the website.

Can see my hotel reservations (GCH) on the website, but not in the app.

I was worried about this, but when I called up to check in with a cast member (we booked a full package through Costco), and asked how I needed to link my GCH stay and tickets up to the app, she said I won't need to do so. The system at WDW will be different than DL. While she can't release much information, it was generally the point that as long as we had a package booked on site, we don't need to stress about linking up everything online. They are aware that the systems are different, and that for some, like us, with packages- we receive our actual tickets at arrival. So we will have a question system when it is time to choose parks.
I hope she was accurate. I don't know if they will just ask for our confirmation number for our package? But the big concern she had was that we had ordered the vacation package, so that would be fine. Since we go by confirmation and all of ours doesn't go on the app (although I can access on the website), they are clearly aware that this is a new issue from WDW. Keep track of your numbers for the tickets- but I was pleased that she seemed on top of the some have confirmation #'s, some have ticket #'s issue. It means they are thinking on all this.

on the website you can --- but not VGC

I actually haven’t been able to figure that out either (with a standard hotel stay). I can look it up and see the details, but it doesn’t seem linked in any way with my annual pass or my app...

I'm glad you asked this question. I was trying to link my VGC reservation yesterday and had zero luck.

We've never been able to add VGC confirmation # to our account... web or app. It just doesn't work like WDW. On check-in everything is tied to your room key instead of magic band.

If you are worried about park reservations:
DVC stays at WDW are not being treated the same as on-site hotel reservations. There are many people who have DVC stays who did not purchase tickets before sales were suspended... lots of threads on this in the DVC forums. It's not clear if this will be the case at DLR.

If you have tickets already, I think you are in good shape. Link the tickets to your account, create your party when the time comes, and that should be all you need. :thumbsup2

I'm thinking of renting DVC points for VGC. Once the booking is made and I have a reservation number where will I be able to view the booking?

You would get an email from whomever made the booking. We rented through a rental store and the email cane from them.

The Disneyland app is not connected to the hotels so you won't see it there.

I'm thinking of renting DVC points for VGC. Once the booking is made and I have a reservation number where will I be able to view the booking?

Never. I think at about 30 days out, the information is transmitted to the hotel (that's what I remember reading here or on another board). That's when you can call about the reservation.

Only on DVC site. No way to see DLR bookings on Disneyland app. not the same layout as WDW - MDE . For better or worse, Tickets are handled quite differently.

I have a GCH cash reservation and ticket for 9/30-10/4. I can see the hotel reservation on the website and the ticket on the app. Not both together. Not sure how park reservations will work. May be moot point if they don’t open. Luckily my air is on SW with points, so they would be returned. Ticket good to end of next year.

So normally we go to WDW and when we purchase a package the tickets and everything shows in the app. Right now nothing shows in the Disneyland app. We bought a hotel and ticket package (offsite property) but all through DL website. How do I get those to show on the app so that when they reopen I don't have to stress about making a park reservation? Or this something DL doesn't do currently?

Hotels are never linked in the app for DL. I'm unsure about the ticket situation, as we've always purchased from 3rd party vendors. When we do that, we link our tickets in the app ourselves.

So normally we go to WDW and when we purchase a package the tickets and everything shows in the app. Right now nothing shows in the Disneyland app. We bought a hotel and ticket package (offsite property) but all through DL website. How do I get those to show on the app so that when they reopen I don't have to stress about making a park reservation? Or this something DL doesn't do currently?
When I rescheduled our last cancellation, the CM told me that when they reopen there will be an area for those of us with packages to input our reservation number to get out park reservations (much like at WDW), but that unlike at WDW it will not link the reservation to the app. Now we just wait...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!