How to attempt Star Wars?

Status
Not open for further replies.

smilesx4

Mouseketeer
So, I do not have any FB for the new Star Wars rides, they ran out before I could get ours. ugh. I do have them for Star Tours, which is at least something!

My question is do we (party of 7 adults) run and attempt to get there first thing to ride and if so which one first? Or should we save it for the very end of the day, say 5-6pm and attempt to ride both and again, which one first?

I am frustrated I did not get a FB and I am just trying to save our trip a bit since that is the reason we are most excited to go to HS for. (boy does that sound whiney!)

Thanks for any advice you can give me!

So, I do not have any FB for the new Star Wars rides, they ran out before I could get ours. ugh. I do have them for Star Tours, which is at least something!

My question is do we (party of 7 adults) run and attempt to get there first thing to ride and if so which one first? Or should we save it for the very end of the day, say 5-6pm and attempt to ride both and again, which one first?

I am frustrated I did not get a FB and I am just trying to save our trip a bit since that is the reason we are most excited to go to HS for. (boy does that sound whiney!)

Make sure you read up on the Virtual Queue/Boarding Group process in place for Rise of the Resistance. There is no "running first thing to get on the ride" with that one. You need to be inside the park at park opening to join a Boarding Group, which will (probably in many cases although in some cases not) get called later that day. More info Post #1 and #2 here: https://www.disboards.com/threads/r...nformation-read-post-1-2-no-spoilers.3782822/ It's a unique process, so read up on the details.

For Millennium Falcon: Smuggler's Run - you can rope drop it, but it's very busy first thing given the rather large amount of people in the park due to the above. To minimize time spent in line, I'd personally recommend trying to ride it later in the evening / towards park closing.

Rise of the Resistance has no fastpass or standby line. The only way to ride is to get a boarding group and hope that they make it to your number. All the info is here, first two posts:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/r...nformation-read-post-1-2-no-spoilers.3782822/
Quick summary is anyone who wants to ride must have tapped into the park before park open, and everyone in the group should be on the app at park open trying to get a group.

As for Smuggler’s Run, the longest wait times are in the morning. Unless you are at the front of the rope drop crowd, it’s better to go in the afternoon or evening. Lowest wait time will be during the night shows. You could get very lucky and get a same day fp but it’s unlikely. Btw, it’s 6 people per cabin for Smuggler’s Run- your group will be split up.

If any of you want to do Oga’s or Savi’s, you should get a reservation. Same for Droid Depot though they do frequently take walk ups.

MFSR usually starts go get less busy in the evenings so that is a good time. But if you cannot wait like me you should try around lunch. Star Tours should be no issue.

Also in the morning there are huge crowds for GE and they don’t let you run through the area. They walk the throngs of people there.

RotR please ready info provide in links in previous post. The is NO standby line at all. Boarding Groups only. If you don’t get a BG your not getting on at all.

There are threads open on the attractions, how to bg, food and merchandise. I advice you ro read those and if you have any questions post them in each of the appropriate threads

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter