• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How to book a USF hotel?

MikeJ

Retrait is finally here...
We've been to Orlando a number of times, but have almost always stayed onsite at WDW. This September we're looking for something different and are looking to stay at USF. However, I'm obviously not looking in the right place for information - so I've decided to come to the experts. :D I have done some searching on this board but haven't found any matches, so if these are common questions I apologise in advance. Anyway, I do have a few questions...

1) Does USF have an equivalent of Disney's CRO? If so, what's the phone number? If not, do I have to call the hotels individually to see what they have by way of rooms and rates? And what are their phone numbers?

2) A number of people have quoted very good rates through the Entertainment book. Unfortunately, we don't have one for our city. Are there other discounts available and is there a USF-themed web site equivalent to mousesavers.com which would let us know what might be available?

We're looking at staying from Sept 25-28, which I would anticipate would be a slower season.

Anyway, thanks in advance for any replies.

- Mike

The Entertainment book can be used for any city - they have an Orlando one that might be useful. The discount is, I believe, half off the rack rate, which is a great deal, the best I've seen for the Universal Hotels. They have a website with information at

http://www.universalstudiosvacations.com/

You can also make reservations at the site, but I don't know if you are able to enter the discount or not. They list a phone number also

1-800 711-0080
(8 AM to 9 PM EST Mon - Fri, 9 AM to 8 PM EST Sat-Sun)

Have a great time!
Marie

An easy way to remember the number is 1-800-UESCAPE.

Do call them and ask for the Entertainment rate and run, don't walk to www.entertainment.com and get the 2001 book for $10. It is available for that price until 6/30. The card for this book ends November 2001. I agree with Marie, get the Orlando book if there is none for Ontario, so you can use some of the coupons while you're there.

After I posted here earlier, I discovered a thread on the Budget Board regarding the sale of the Entertainment books. The Orlando book is sold out, but I've placed an order for the Toronto book (Toronto is only 2 hours away) so hopefully it will arrive within a week or two.

To get the Entertainment rate at RPH or HRH (assuming it's available) will I need the card to make the reservation, or is it one of the coupons which I would just need to flash at check-in?

Thanks.

- Mike

mike you can call and book the hotel now and just ask for the entertainment rate as you dont need it to book but it will be required at check in .. ps i will be in orlando aug 22-sept 5th and after that dont have any use for the entertainment book or card and if i can help anyone out with these just pm me
margaret.

You just need to show the plastic card that comes inside the book when you check in.

Robinrs--I think you lost a year somewhere. You will need the 2002 book up until Nov. 1, 2002---then you will need the 2003 book.

I just called and booked the RPR for 3 nights, $99 regular view, Entertainment rate. (All I need now is for my book to arrive from Entertainment. :) ) First time staying onsite at USF and we're really looking forward to taking advantage of FOTL. Thanks for all your help.

- Mike

YOU WILL LOVE IT !! I can't seem to stay AWAY !! I would love to just go to the resorts to lay by the wonderful pools all day and do a little partying at night!! ( Don't get me wrong, I LOVE rides , but this place is so awesome... its a "playground" for adults too!! -- with or without the rides!):Pinkbounc :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter