How to book ADR

Martin Holder

Earning My Ears
I know it's early but like most I like to plan ahead. My wife and I fly December 2018 and I am keen to book dining. We are staying at AKL and have some ideas on where we want to eat. Do we book via a website or ring direct? If so, does anyone have details please? I know it's 180 days out to book but are they really strict?

Yes they are strict on the dates, bookings only taken 180 days in advance, you can book 10 days earlier than that if staying on site. So at 190 days you can book for the 1st 10 days of your holiday.

You can book on the Disney website from 11am UK time, or by phoning from noon.

Yes they are strict on the dates, bookings only taken 180 days in advance, you can book 10 days earlier than that if staying on site. So at 190 days you can book for the 1st 10 days of your holiday.

That's great, 190 days it is. Do you know the number to ring?

If you have your plan roughly in your head and know where you want to book you really need to be online at opening time! By an hour later on the phone you MAY not get the popular times/locations eg BOG gets booked out straight away! I do my ADRs and FP+ through the MDE app.

If you have your plan roughly in your head and know where you want to book you really need to be online at opening time! By an hour later on the phone you MAY not get the popular times/locations eg BOG gets booked out straight away! I do my ADRs and FP+ through the MDE app.
Going to sound daft now. What's the MDE app?

Not daft at all - you'll get used to it all by next December! MDE is the My Disney Experience - you download it for free and is an amazing resource to collect all your information and bookings. We travel in 2 weeks and I have all of us on there - the grandchildren chose which character they wanted to be.

If you get on there and have a play you will get used to it. You can see each park and wait times for example so if you also have the app on your phone can have it with you on your trip.

This is incorrect you cannot book until 180 days out but then you can book 10 days at once.

I would say it's easier to do it through the MDE app and to be on there ready when your booking window opens :)

I'm not going until October 2018 and have most of our restaurants chose already :laughing: Are you on on the DIning Plan?

This is incorrect you cannot book until 180 days out but then you can book 10 days at once.
What happens after you've booked the first 10 days? I've only ever had to book adr's for 10 days and on our next trip its 14 days? Is it one day at a time after that?

Did that make sense? Lol

I would say it's easier to do it through the MDE app and to be on there ready when your booking window opens :)

I'm not going until October 2018 and have most of our restaurants chose already :laughing: Are you on on the DIning Plan?
Thanks for this. Yes we are on the dining plan. We have a rough idea of meals we want to go to. The boss wants to go to and experience be my guest and we both would like to do Crystal Palace and Ohana

Hi

It's good that you are thinking about this now, many on here will plan many months (read a year) in advance. You don't give us much to go on regarding what you want to do apart from dine, so I don't know how much you should plan for a successful trip. Anyway my recommendation would be to start by deciding where you intend to go on what days. The UK based tickets are "all access" so you can go to any park on any day and as as many parks each day as you like. So just because you spent most of the day at a park doesn't mean you have to eat there although more convenient if you do. I use a crowd calendar over at touringplans.com to help me decided the best days to go (although not so much now as I pretty much have it down for the time we go) once you've got the days you intend to go to which park (we often go to two a day) you will be all set to plan your holiday as you can decided what ADR's you may want on what days and look a FP+ for your rides prior to the 60 day window for them.

I always book ADR's online use MDE always easy I find.

hope that helps

regards

Paul

Thanks for this. Yes we are on the dining plan. We have a rough idea of meals we want to go to. The boss wants to go to and experience be my guest and we both would like to do Crystal Palace and Ohana
That's great you're on the DP just make sure you make the most out of it!
It's half the fun choosing the restaurants.

Love this....." The boss "

We are hoping to try Ohana and CP next time too :)

That's great you're on the DP just make sure you make the most out of it!
It's half the fun choosing the restaurants.

Love this....." The boss "

We are hoping to try Ohana and CP next time too :)
I know there are endless options of restaurants but if I'm honest we are happy to be going back after a break of a few years and thoroughly enjoyed Ohana and Crystal Palace. Each hold special memories for us when our son would come with us, now he's too "grown up" so the two of us will have our first proper holiday on our own in the place we love. The boss has told me her requirements, I know my place!

Our dd is very fussy so we are not sure if she will like Ohana. We didn't eat there last time so it's on my list for next trip and she can stick with her hot dog and fries :rolleyes:

Happy wife, happy life! That's my hubbys motto :laughing:

I recommend going on-line or in the app and booking that way. Less stressful than being on the phone and can get you in earlier.

Also, mark your calendar for when you can do FastPass+ and do that on-line or on the app as well.

The only thing I had to call to book was our haircuts on Main Street.

On my MDE app every time I try to link my dining plan a message comes up saying it’s already registered to [my name] and that I need to speak to myself about it! We can’t book our reservations until Feb but I don’t want to get to 180 days and find it’s not letting us. The resort reservation is linked on my MDE. Do I not need to worry about the DDP not being linked just as long as the resort is? And what time in the UK will the reservations go live at the 180 day mark? Thanks

On my MDE app every time I try to link my dining plan a message comes up saying it’s already registered to [my name] and that I need to speak to myself about it! We can’t book our reservations until Feb but I don’t want to get to 180 days and find it’s not letting us. The resort reservation is linked on my MDE. Do I not need to worry about the DDP not being linked just as long as the resort is? And what time in the UK will the reservations go live at the 180 day mark? Thanks

No this is normal if you aren’t at your 180 day mark yet. That error message seems to be MDE code for “you’re too early” as it will also say the same thing for booking fast passes until you’re 60/30 days out depending if you’re staying onsite. Why they can’t just put something on to say “too early, come back later” I’ll never know!

Go live is 7am Florida time at your 180 day mark, so midday for UK... I think...? I’m not good with time zones lol!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!