How to dress at CG?

jonrex

Vacation Commando
Have got Priority Seating for a Wednesday evening. We were planning on heading there straight from the MK.

Are shorts and tennis shoes OK or we will we feel uncomfortable? What about hats (I frequently wear one when out in the sun all day due to my irritating fair complexion)?

Originally posted by jonrex
Have got Priority Seating for a Wednesday evening. We were planning on heading there straight from the MK.

Are shorts and tennis shoes OK or we will we feel uncomfortable? What about hats (I frequently wear one when out in the sun all day due to my irritating fair complexion)?

CG really runs the gamut in what people wear.
You will see people in suits/dresses.
You will see people in jeans/shorts/"theme park" attire.
You'll see people dressed nicer then you, and worse then you. :)

The only "requirement" they have is no tank tops on men I believe.

Personally, I would remove your hat while eating, but that's JMO.

Disney's official designation for CG is "Dressy casual" which is defined as "collared shirt prefered for gentlemen. No tank tops, t-shirts, cut offs or jeans." (this is Disney's actual language from the materials I received from the YC concierge when they made PS for my Feb 2004 trip).

That being said, I agree that the actual dress does run the gamut and you probably won't be out of place or have a problem unless you show up in some really grungy stuff.

We will be eating there in Dec., I figure as long as we avoid the Britney Spears look we'll be o.k. ;)

Pretty much what I thought. I wouldn't have a problem w/ dressing up a bit or going back to the room and change ... but we're not staying on property this trip which makes it impractical to drive 30 min back to our hotel, change, and then drive 30 min back to CG, park, and get to the restaurant.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter