How to get a family of 5 to the airport

lynnzrae

Mouseketeer
It is me, my husband, our 4 year old and 18 month old twins, so....3 car seats. Thoughts on ways of getting around leaving our car at the airport? I don't really want to ask a neighbor b/c of our flight times and I don't know of any car service that will have 3 car seats on hand...maybe there is?

I'd check with local car services to see if they'll store your car seats. We have one up here that does. The alternative is a park n fly the night before at a hotel near the airport....usually the parking rates are cheaper than at the airport and they'll shuttle you to/from

Dca (Washington DC)

Parking at dca is expensive. Can’t help though. I generally will pay more at Dulles or bwi just to avoid DCA. That drive there is bad, and even my family won’t drive us.....lol....good luck.

Why not just ask a friend to come to your house and ride up with you and then drive your car back home and pick theirs back up?

We have 3 kids but only one car seat, and we just budgeted in leaving the car at the airport. I would just plan to park it, thinking about the return home. You’ll all be tired and cranky and the last thing you want is to have to sit at the airport and stress about the return drive going right. 3 car seats is a lot to coordinate, I think you’ll be happy to climb right into your car and get out of there!

We always drove to the airport (Philly) and used an off site parking lot that would drop us off at the terminal in our own car. We also brought the car seats with us to use on the plane.

We discovered how WORTH IT parking at the airport is. The last thing anyone wants is to wait around for a ride after a long travel day when you get home. It is worth the $$$ to have your car available to you as soon as you leave the airport. It is just part of our budget now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!