HOW TO HOP: Getting from One Park to Another

We're going to LeCellier for a late lunch on our AK day. Do you think it would be faster to take the direct bus to Epcot from AK or take a bus to the Beach Club and walk through the International Gateway entrance?

goofy4tink said:
You're correct. I'm thinking that kaytieeldr thought it said AK not AKL. Good catch!!
TheWog said:
That's what I was thinking as well.
That's what I was thinking as well. Well, it's good to know two of the three of us were thinking today :rotfl2:! I'd change my response, but then your two replies wouldn't make any sense ;)

TheWog said:
p.s. why up so early.... sleep is our friend. :)
Tell me about it. I'm not even sure what day it is anymore - I need to wait and see what's on Bravo at 10 PM (as if I'm going to stay awake that long ;)). But to answer your specific question - I commute into Cambridge via Route 1/Tobin Bridge, and earlier is better. Stupid Tobin Bridge. Stupid MassPort. Silly MassPort PR person who "sympathizes with" me and all commuters like me because PR person commutes from the same part of the state that I do... but NOT OVER THE STUPID BRIDGE. Sympathy my (Moderators, am I allowed to say "patoot"?)...

We're going to LeCellier for a late lunch on our AK day. Do you think it would be faster to take the direct bus to Epcot from AK or take a bus to the Beach Club and walk through the International Gateway entrance?[/QUOTE

6 of one, half dozen of another. If you take the bus to BC, you will stop at YC as well...and possibly the S/D and BW depending on the time of day...or you may just go right to YC and then BC. If I took the bus to BC, I would most likely get off at the first stop..unless it was the YC. If it were the S/D or BW, I would get off and then walk to Epcot.

That's what I was thinking as well. Well, it's good to know two of the three of us were thinking today :rotfl2:! I'd change my response, but then your two replies wouldn't make any sense ;)

Tell me about it. I'm not even sure what day it is anymore - I need to wait and see what's on Bravo at 10 PM (as if I'm going to stay awake that long ;)). But to answer your specific question - I commute into Cambridge via Route 1/Tobin Bridge, and earlier is better. Stupid Tobin Bridge. Stupid MassPort. Silly MassPort PR person who "sympathizes with" me and all commuters like me because PR person commutes from the same part of the state that I do... but NOT OVER THE STUPID BRIDGE. Sympathy my (Moderators, am I allowed to say "patoot"?)...
Yes.

Oh that sucks. Luckily (or not) I only have to do Route 3 south from NH.

Robo,
I printed this out on an index card for a friend that was on her first trip, She said it was a lifesaver! LOL:woohoo:

Thanks so much for the great info!

Ruby

OK - 2 new questions.

About how long does it take to get from POR to DTD by boat?

And we're thinking of playing mini-golf at Fantasia one morning (10:00 am) and then going to DHS for the afternoon and Fantasmic (not a lot of things we want to do there). So my tentative plan is take the bus to DHS and then the boat to the Swan (where Fantasia is). Then take the boat back to DHS.

Thanks.

OK - 2 new questions.

About how long does it take to get from POR to DTD by boat?

And we're thinking of playing mini-golf at Fantasia one morning (10:00 am) and then going to DHS for the afternoon and Fantasmic (not a lot of things we want to do there). So my tentative plan is take the bus to DHS and then the boat to the Swan (where Fantasia is). Then take the boat back to DHS.

Thanks.
THe boat ride from DTD to POR is about 25 mins or so...at least that's what it was when I was there. OKW is a bit closer and that took about 15 mins or so.
As for Fantasia Gardens..you have the right idea..head for DHS and then boat to the S/D dock. Fantasia Gardens are a quick walk from there..right across the street from the S/D resorts.

on a related note. What time in the morning does the boat from POR to DTD running. On our last day we are planning to get up early, check out and head to DTD for some last minute shopping and lunch at EOS. Our flight leaves MCO at 5:15 so I am assuming we will have to be back at POR by 2:15 for ME. Therefore we want to get an early start.

The boat operating times change during the year...so not sure what time they start in the morning when you'll be there.
You can always take the bus..that should start running by 8ish, maybe a bit later but not much. Or just take a cab.
If you have a 5:15 flight home, and using DME, they will give you a pickup time of between 2 and 2:25ish. But, don't plan on getting to the bus stop right on the dot. That's the time the bus is due to pull out. So, be there, at the bus stop, about 15 mins before the time you were given.

Just a quick bump and to say thx a mint for all the wonderful help on this thread. :hug: Our trip went very smoothly because of the great suggestions and routing info from posters on this thread :thumbsup2...really made it much more enjoyable for DH...and if he has a good time, I'll get to go back more often :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

cheers,
:flower3:

Just a quick bump and to say thx a mint for all the wonderful help on this thread. :hug: Our trip went very smoothly because of the great suggestions and routing info from posters on this thread :thumbsup2...really made it much more enjoyable for DH...and if he has a good time, I'll get to go back more often

It does make things go a bit smoother when you step off the bus and you are actually where you PLANNED on going! ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter