How to manage ADRs and Experience Reservations with ROTR??

geishagirl81

Mouseketeer
Good morning all. Today marked our 180 days and I was up early getting all of our reservations in. I have a question about windows on ROTR report time, and the internet is giving me conflicting info.

My son wanted to do Savi's so I got him an 11:30 time, banking on about 30-45 min for the experience. My daughter wants to make a droid, so she has a 12:45 ressie. We are hoping to stay together, but willing to split up if needed to make these work, but I think there's enough time between the two. My husband wanted to do Oga's for a drink, ad got a 1:50 ressie banking on droid being about 45 min.

If that's not stressful enough, I made a dinner reservation at Sci Fi at 615 for dinner, figuring this would be the one day all week we wouldn't break for the day and head back to the hotel, and would need a cool off.

My nightmare is that we are asked to report and any time between 11:15 and 3. Or right as we check in for dinner. How is this typically handled? If we show up after called and prove we were in reservations that would cost credit card guarantees to miss, will they let us come late? I know I am trying to do a lot in one day, but we're not AP holders and likely won't be in FL again for a couple years after this trip. Really the day is all about GE and the new Mickey Ride, so spending a large portion of our day there isn't the issue- just the boarding pass stress.

Thanks for any insight.

I should add, that I did some poking around here and I am still unsure of what to expect. I have read you have an hour, I have read CM will honor you late, I have read not so much. TIA

It sounds (from reports on the ground) like Savi's is the reservation with the least amount of flexibility. Everything else on your list can be moved and/or cancelled with help from cm's at the respective location. Or, a GET (guest experience team, the cm's with the blue polos that stand under/near the blue umbrellas at a few places around the parks) can help you with your ADR if need be. Once you have your BG#, you'll have a better idea of which reservation (if any) might be a problem and you can start finding out your options on the day of. Don't stress. You've made enough space between each thing and you're at least staying in the park!

PLUS - you're still 6 months away from your trip and ROTR could easily be doing FP+ by then, so things could change dramatically from what they are like today.

I wouldn't worry about it too much until closer to when you make your FPs. Yesterday was my 60 day mark and I was still able to find decent availability for everything including Savi's, Droid Depot and a reservation for Oga's for 8 people. I noticed things have filled up a bit more in the past week as people have made their FPs, but I think it's still manageable if you're not going at a super-busy time like spring break. From what I've heard, though, Guest Experiences will do what they can to help you out if you have a conflict. FWIW both of my kids want to go to Savi's and I was able to make a reservation for after park close. That way we're not missing out on rides and we can take some cool pictures on the way out with not as many people in them.

I'm in a somewhat kinda sorta same situation as you. I made a later breakfast ADR on the boardwalk at Tratoria's-10:35AM on what has now become a DHS day. My thoughts are we will go over and try for a BG at park open. If we get lucky great-but I have no way of knowing if it will be an early or late BG. It's a chance I'm going to take, because I have no where to move the ADR to. Fingers crossed it works out.

Just got back this past Saturday (just in time) and I had a similar situation with our one HS day. DD is only 10 months old and since there are only a couple of rides that she can do I didn't have a backup day. I had droid building at 12, Oga's at 12:45, Savi's at 2:25, and a tragically early dinner reservation at 4. And of course, come the morning of, we got boarding group 46 (yay!). We hurried from the droid workshop over to RotR since our group was up but when we got there the ride was down. We lingered for a bit and, as a result, we did drop Oga's just so we could be close whenever the ride came back up. I was fortunate and they waived the fee for me but I was prepared to pay it because I cancelled with less than 3 minutes to reservation time.

As I mentioned before, DD is 10 months and this was an extended family trip so DW and I got to do RotR twice since we are the Star Wars fans, then we had to hurry to Toy Story land for our Midway Mania FP. By the time that was done it was about 15 minutes past my Savi's reservation but I just apologized, told them that I had been on RotR, and they got me right in with the next group. I know that I was fortunate to get it but the CMs really seemed to want to try and help me and I am glad they did because it was a very cool experience. Hope it all works out for your family too.

We have been to Oga's twice now... its so fun....

I think that you have enough time to get to everything you have planned... as far as the ADR for Sci-Fi... you should be fine if you are running a few minutes behind... you might have to wait for a bit to get in but you will get in... As well Sci-Fi at least for us is always running behind... each time we have had to wait 30 minutes at least to get seated... as well if you are looking for burgers and milkshakes this is a good spot, as it is really cool themeing inside... if you are wanting more of a meal and not wanting burgers... I would look else were for dinner...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!