How to Plan a Private Anniversary Dessert Party at Epcot

I think kids will eat pretty much anything sweet! Plus, there's already so much else for them on your menu. If you're stumped on the punch, you might ask your planner or the chef for some suggestions. Is there some kind of tropical drink at Trader Sam's or in the parks that you like? They could re-create it.

@lurkyloo Thanks for all the info you have provided. I'm looking at an event in August, we have been assigned a planner and he has suggested venues that fit 25 (we will be 10 max) and has not mentioned a 'small party' fee yet. Do you know if they still apply them? I'm just trying to work out costs without annoying the planner too much...

You know, I have never actually been charged that fee. I dunno how often they really add it. That's great that he's suggesting larger venues—at Epcot, anyway, they usually have better views of the fireworks!

You know, I have never actually been charged that fee. I dunno how often they really add it. That's great that he's suggesting larger venues—at Epcot, anyway, they usually have better views of the fireworks!

Yeah I'm just trying to balance cost vs the amount of fun it will be :)

Who do I need to get a hold of at Disney to plan an anniversary party like the one you did

Call the number listed in the first post, Disney's Catered Events: 321-939-7278.

Need some help guys!

So, I have a small private dessert party booked for end of August. We are from the UK, its for 4 adults and 2 children and we have UK pubside. This is to celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary, and we got engaged on an Illuminations cruise, so wanted to do something similar but different. This is a surprise from everyone else on the trip, so am finding it a bit stressful working out what to do.

I need to keep the spend to very minimum ($250 min spend as I booked this some time ago). I have also asked for a cake, which I believe will be around $60. So, I am looking to spend around $30 per head on the menu.

I just have nooooooo idea. I have done a lot of reading, but its so difficult, when having to decide for everyone else.

What I am currently thinking is - having the Artisnal Cheese platter and accompaniments, and then a few desserts. Would they do this? Is the cheese platter good? Its just one or two of us, at least, like cheese and savoury deserts rather than sweet, sweet, sweet.

So, cheese platter and maybe Rice Crispy Bon Bons, Baklava, fruit display and cookies. I want to also ask to ditch the tea/coffee and just have fruit punch or lemonade. Is that a good mix? Will that likely come in around budget?

What do people think? Especially lurkyloo! 60 days till our first day today, so just off to reserve our fastpasses :)

Need some help guys!

So, I have a small private dessert party booked for end of August. We are from the UK, its for 4 adults and 2 children and we have UK pubside. This is to celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary, and we got engaged on an Illuminations cruise, so wanted to do something similar but different. This is a surprise from everyone else on the trip, so am finding it a bit stressful working out what to do.

I need to keep the spend to very minimum ($250 min spend as I booked this some time ago). I have also asked for a cake, which I believe will be around $60. So, I am looking to spend around $30 per head on the menu.

I just have nooooooo idea. I have done a lot of reading, but its so difficult, when having to decide for everyone else.

What I am currently thinking is - having the Artisnal Cheese platter and accompaniments, and then a few desserts. Would they do this? Is the cheese platter good? Its just one or two of us, at least, like cheese and savoury deserts rather than sweet, sweet, sweet.

So, cheese platter and maybe Rice Crispy Bon Bons, Baklava, fruit display and cookies. I want to also ask to ditch the tea/coffee and just have fruit punch or lemonade. Is that a good mix? Will that likely come in around budget?

What do people think? Especially lurkyloo! 60 days till our first day today, so just off to reserve our fastpasses :)
Not lurky loo, but I've done a bunch of these parties. Your menu sounds about right. Best thing to do is submit it and your planner will get back to you on cost. You can add or subtract from there. I'm always upfront with my planner that I'm looking to stay within the minimums and somehow magically, the quote comes back about right.

It's fine to lose the tea and coffee. We never have it but add milk and lemonade, water and fruit punch.

As an alternative to the few small desserts, you might want to consider an ice cream sundae bar. I did this last year. It was cheaper than a few assorted desserts and in my opinion, had greater impact and was more delicious. The sundae bar included fruit salad, assorted cookies and soda to make Coke and Root beer floats.

IMG_2187.JPG

Thanks for the pic of the ice cream bar. This was my default option, but I really wanted to add the cheese and that will take it way over. Have you ever had the cheese platter at all?

Thanks for the pic of the ice cream bar. This was my default option, but I really wanted to add the cheese and that will take it way over. Have you ever had the cheese platter at all?
Yes. My first party I did the cheese platter. It was generous and delicious. If you include the cheese plate, try taking away the soda and maybe pulling back or eliminating the cookies. I think I had three varieties. Maybe go to one kind of cookie? I'd aim to keep the fruit, as it adds colour and cuts the sugary sweetness of the ice cream.

I'd still submit your menu. If it comes back high, ask the planner how you can stay within the minimums. Go from there.

Hi all. Thinking about a private Illuminations party for my big birthday next year bit I admit to not understanding the pricing you are all coming up with. I get the different venue fees based on location but I don't get how you are all doing this so cheap after that? I see $23 pp or $35 pp - what exactly are you getting for those prices and is there a list of pricing? For those of you talking about $35 pp- what desserts are included in that price? We'll have 8 people

You are only required to meet an overall food and beverage minimum that varies by location, not a per-person minimum. The $23 pp and $35 pp you are seeing is the price people have been charged for their menus. If you have 8 people and your menu costs $35 pp at a venue with a $460 food and beverage minimum, you will need to also spend $22.50 pp on beverages and/or cake to meet the minimum.

Every menu is customizable, so unless you pick one of the few set menus Disney offers, your price per person will depend on what you want on the menu. And the sky is the limit.

Here are some sample set menus for dessert parties: http://disneytravelbabble.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/Dessert-Menu-2017.pdf

Here are ALL the menus I have, which you can use for inspiration if you want to customize a menu: http://disneytravelbabble.com/disney-weddings/sample-catered-event-menus/

Here is a breakdown of how the pricing works....
Basic Dessert Party Pricing

NOTES: These food and beverage minimums are for dessert parties only. Certain locations have higher minimums for a full meal. You must spend at least $1,000 (pre-tax and service charge) to hold a Disney Catered Event.
IllumiNations at Epcot
  • Venue Rental Fee: $150-$500, depending on location
  • Food & Beverage Minimums: $250-$2,500, depending on location
  • Viewing Fee: $10/guest (except bridal couple) for Disney’s Fairy Tale Weddings events or $10/guestwithout admission for Disney Catered Events
  • Ride Mix-in Fee: $15/guest without admission.
  • Backstage transportation may be required at an additional cost
Wishes at the Grand Floridian
  • Venue Rental Fee: none
  • Sago Cay Pointe (10-75 guests) Food & Beverage Minimums: $1,250
  • Marina Patio & Terrace (20-100 guests) Food & Beverage Minimums: $2,500
  • Viewing Fee: none
  • Wishes Soundtrack Fee: $645 up to 50 guests
Wishes at the Contemporary
  • Venue Rental Fee: none
  • West Rotunda Courtyard/Patio (20 to 80 guests) Food & Beverage Minimums: $1,500
  • Porte-Cochere (50-500 guests) Food & beverage Minimums: $1,250
  • Viewing Fee: none
  • Wishes Soundtrack Fee: $645 up to 50 guests
Fantasmic! at Disney’s Hollywood Studios
  • Venue Rental Fee: $250
  • Small Patio (up to 40 guests) Food & Beverage Minimums: $400
  • Large Patio (40-100 guests) Food & Beverage Minimums: $750
  • Viewing Fee: $10/guest (except bridal couple) for Disney’s Fairy Tale Weddings events or $10/guestwithout admission for Disney Catered Events
  • Ride Mix-in Fee: $15/guest without admission.
  • Backstage transportation may be required at an additional cost

I understand venue fees and minimum expenditures. But I don't see from the linked menus HOW you spend $23 pp or $35 pp. I was hoping for an example from someone if "our costs came to $23 pp and we had (list of items)" I don't see itemized desserts so I am not clear on the cheapest cost they will do pp abd what's included. I also see an example for a Rose & Crien dinner then dessert but I also don't see any pricing for anything like that in the links.

That PDF I linked has specific, itemized menus with total pricing.

Disney does not provide itemized pricing per dessert for anything but the add-ons listed in that PDF. Your planner has to ask the chef for each individual price—it is very frustrating. But the add-ons listed in that menu will give you some idea what things cost.

As explained above, the cheapest cost they will do per person is your overall food and beverage minimum divided by your number of guests. If you had 46 guests and the minimum was $460, you would only have to spend $10 per guest. But you have 8 guests, so you'll need to divide the food and beverage minimum of your desired location by 8 to find out the absolute minimum amount you must spend on food and beverage per person.

Pricing for our Rose & Crown dinner is linked from that main post in a separate post about that specific event: http://disneytravelbabble.com/how-to/private-party/epcot-dessert-party/

I really do understand the minimums just not how you get there but if the planner has to ask the chef about each item that makes sense. I'd still love to see sample menus of what was included for people who were trying to manage a $30-35 pp price. TIA

And I still don't see a pricing breakdown for rise & crown dinner + dessert party anywhere.

I really do understand the minimums just not how you get there but if the planner has to ask the chef about each item that makes sense. I'd still love to see sample menus of what was included for people who were trying to manage a $30-35 pp price. TIA

And I still don't see a pricing breakdown for rise & crown dinner + dessert party anywhere.

It may be helpful for you to request to join some of the Disney Events Facebook pages. I know your event is for a birthday party, but for instance the DisBrides page I'm apart of often has ladies sharing their individual menus and how much each item costs. DisBrides is specifically for brides-to-be and past Disney Brides, but maybe there's a Disney Events Facebook or something you could find? Sounds like you might be able to more specifically get what you're looking for in a forum like that :)

Here is my brunch menu for next month. $50 per head to meet the $250 minimum

Mickey waffles with maple syrup and cream
Scrambled eggs
Potatoes with onions and peppers
Assorted peanut free pastries
Fresh cut fruit
Sausages and bacon
Roasted red peppers
Birthday cake with vanilla ice cream
Jungle juice, fruit punch, tap water
Pressed pot coffee with cream

This will be served buffet style. One and a half hours of service.

My dessert party above. The sundae bar pictured was $35 a head with $75 for the cake to meet the $250 min.

Five guests.

You will have to submit a menu and go from there. Usually you'll have to add or subtract items, simplify the cake, etc to hit your target expenditure. There is a bit of back and forth involve. Figure out what you want, submit a menu and see what they say. I have never had trouble getting them to help me stay at the minimum.

Just saw the new $1000 minimum for private events. I guess this year's birthday party will be the last I plan. Ah well. It was fun while it lasted.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!