How to Plan a Private Anniversary Dessert Party at Epcot

We're doing an anniversary dessert party for 25 people in December. All I've done so far is sign the contract and sent in the deposit. My original coordinator left so I was set up with a new one who stated she will be sending me menus closer to the event to make selections. When should I contact her if I don't hear from her? 60 days?

Also, we've booked rooms at AKV for all our guests and will be meeting a guide to get into EPCOT (none of us will be using admission that day). Are the guides still being met at the International Gateway? I was thinking of getting a couple of private one way vans/bus so we're not taking WDW bus transportation for an hour and a half trying to get there. Would we be allowed to be dropped off at Beach Club or Boardwalk? I'm assuming since it's not EMH that we will be able to walk out of EPCOT and use the regular resort buses (we're doing a ride mix-in at Soarin' which my coordinator stated we will ride after the fireworks and the park will be closed). Thanks for any help!

If you're paying for one-way vans through Disney, they will drop you off backstage at the entrance nearest your party location. Your guide will meet you backstage.

I would contact your new planner 90 days out to get started on menus and other arrangements.

Holy Cow! Well I am glad I did it during our last trip, it was an amazing night! Thanks for all the info

Even worse... The minimum recently went up to $3,000 (Monday–Thursday) or $3,500 (Friday–Sunday) or $5,000 (US holidays and Friday–Sunday in December).

More details here: https://disneytravelbabble.com/how-to/private-party/

Just to clarify...it’s a little confusing the way I’m reading it....the private events went up, but do the 3k, 3.5k and 5k minimums apply to dessert parties as well?

I saw the new price increases... @lurkyloo, any insights...do you think these are here to stay (will they get enough business at that price minimum) or do you think they may be lowered again?

Last edited:
Just to clarify...it’s a little confusing the way I’m reading it....the private events went up, but do the 3k, 3.5k and 5k minimums apply to dessert parties as well?

The new minimum expenditure applies to any private event planned through Disney Catered Events. It doesn’t matter whether it’s a dessert party or a bridal tea or a brunch or a birthday party.

Private events planned through Disney’s Fairy Tale Weddings do not get this new minimum expenditure because they have their own set of minimum expenditures.

In my experience, any price increase they make is here to stay. They never lower prices. Disney Catered Events has been trying to get out of the micro-party business for a long time. They used to give you a hard time if you wanted to plan for fewer than 10 people. Now they’ve figured out that they can do a party for any number of people as long as there’s a minimum expenditure to make it worth their while.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter