How to pre-pay resort

Letsbgoofy

DIS Veteran
I have called Universal three times and have not been able to get a straight answer on how to pre-pay my room or even what the balance is. For those of you who have done this, how did you do it? It's so easy at Disney; I don't see why Universal makes it so difficult!

That's so funny because I just called Universal yesterday about this.

He told me I had to call their accounting to be able to make payments.

Their number is #407-503-9231

She answered the phone "Accounting" so I asked if I had the right number for making a payment to the Universal hotels and she said "oh, yes".

She gave me the address and told me to be sure and give my confirmation number and name and which hotel with the check.

Their address is:

Loews Hotels
Attn: Accounting
6800 Lakewood Plaza Dr.
Orlando, FL 32819

Now, I haven't tried this yet but that is the info I got from them.

Good luck.

I just make a copy of the confirmation and mail it to the address listed on the confirmation. Had no problems doing this in the past.:pinkbounc

I mailed in a check with a copy of the confirmation. I would think it would be less of a hassle if you waited until you checked in if you intended to prepay with a credit card. I see in your original post you were saying you don't even know how much your total bill is. Do you not have a confirmation? The info is listed on the confirmation as to how much the total stay will cost. Hope this helps.

I actually have another question along these lines, I am looking to prepay my room as well at the HRH. They took my credit card number when I made the ressies, but did not charge it. Is this normal?? I haven't had the time to call them to make sure everything is OK, and plan to do so tomorrow. (I did get the confirmation in the mail and all it says is credit card guarentee Visa) Do they just take the cc info in case you cancel and charge the whole trip when you get there?? Also if I prepay by check, will they just not charge the card at all?? (In that case I need to mail in the whole amount and not subtract the one night deposit) I'm so confused!!!!

They really need to make this as easy as Disney does! :rolleyes:

I made ressies for March of this year. I used my credit card. They put a *hold* on my card for the deposit amount. I prepaid the ENTIRE amount (which included this *deposit* they *held* on my credit card) by check through the mail before I got there. Upon check-in, they asked me if I would be using my credit card (which I used to secure my reservation) for charging purposes in the parks during my stay. I said no. They gave me my room key which had no charging privileges and when I got my credit card bill, there was NEVER any charge associated with Hard Rock Hotel. So, I am assuming the credit card upon reserving a room is used for those canceling the room as well as those who plan to use the credit card for charging privileges in the parks......the info will already be in the computer and makes check-in easier and quicker. Hope this helps.

Well, I did a search for this info/post to see what the address was and phone number as it's that time again for me to pre-pay my bill before I arrive in the Fall and when I tried the above phone number, it didn't work. It ended up transferring me to a Unversal employee. She then gave me this info:

#1-888-716-9738 (yes, a toll-free number!) which she said was Loews Accounting

Then she also gave me an email: kbrummitt@loews.com and said to put it to the attention of Shae.

Well, I've tried both these and with the phone, I kept getting a machine that said to leave a message and they'd get back to me. Now, I've just sent off an email too just in case.

All I wanted was for them to varify that the address mentioned in this post was still valid. It's like pulling teeth! I can't find anyone who knows, and those who may know, I get their machine.

I just thought I'd pass this info along in case anyone wanted the accounting department's toll-free number.

I'll post again if I ever hear from either the phone call or the email and let you know if the address above is still accurate unless one of you know whether it's still the right address to send checks too??

Thanks for listeing!

I had the same problem but worse. this past Mon. We're staying 9/8 thru 9/14, I booked the Entertainment rate of $99/night for a standard room at the RPR. I gave my visa/checkcard & they placed a 1 night deposit of $109.89. 2 weeks later the charge appeared on my statement. I then called & changed my room choice to pool view $109/night. I few days later I see a "2nd Deposit" :eek: of $120.99 was taken. I called but no one would give me a straight answer. I let them know I really didn't mind because I was going to pay beforehand. I just would of liked to be told before. I was told this was a mistake & I could hold on to my bank statement in case of a problem at check-in :mad: ! I advised I was NOT going to take such a risk, it was after all our long awaited vacation !! She then gave me the # for the accounting dept. 1800-232-7827. I called & the lady (who was very nice & professional) checked & credited both deposits to my balance & confirmed my balance due. She then gave me the mailing address to send additional check payments :

Loews Hotel at Universal Orlando
6800 Lakewood Plaza Drive
Orlando, FL 32819

She reminded me to include the reservation # on the check. I sure do prefer Disney who makes it very easy but I just love the discounts at Universal & FOTL :p . Now if only I'd receive my written confirmation I'd really be happy...

:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter