How to Suffer from Intense P.D.D? Tackle A Short Weekend Trip.

smhwalker2011

WDW Addict
Sweet 16 Birthday celebration officially in the books! Saved up for the longest time & pulled it off! Thought I’d go ahead and do a trip report after this magical/unforgettable weekend! 12/04-12/07.

A little info: My name is MacKenzie!

IMG_7136.jpg

I am a complete WDW nut! Like all of us, WDW is considered my home haha. Majority of my money is put towards booking my next disney trip haha! My Dad is a bit sick of it, but he just tags along for the free trip & nice weather lol. It sucks being the only real disney nut in the family, but just makes it an easy planning process without all the input from everyone else haha! I would honestly travel solo monthly if I could haha! This trip was my 16th birthday trip & I brought along my three closest friends, who also happen to be Disney newbies!

11214200_1096283517062584_3796231936840359443_n.jpg

And yes--as the title reads.. we did disney in a weekend lol. Would I recommend this? Absolutely not. Currently experiencing many withdrawals & suffering from intense P.D.D (Post Disney Depression). I just need more time!! To short of a trip for me!! The newbies had a freakin’ blast! One in-particular cannot wait to go back! Planning for Poly next year if I can figure out those DVC points haha.

Anyways, without any further adeau, lets get this trip report underway!

(Will post in the comments below over the course of today for 12/05-12/07)

Friday December 4th, 2015
After a long travel day, we arrived at AoA around 7pm Friday night. We didn’t even have to check in! Our room was ready to go! Our view was absolutely gorgeous. Couldn't have been better.

IMG_7147.jpg

Our airport took our carry-on’s and checked them in (why they did this, we still have no idea.), so we were in panic mode because all of our dinner outfits were still in our bags..which we wouldn’t get until DME delivered them. We basically hunted those bags down since we arrived, and about 10 minutes before we needed to leave for our dinner (around 8:50), we heard a knock on our door & opened it to our bags. PIXIE DUST IS REAL! haha.

We took a cab over to the Poly. (In case anyone is wondering how much it is, cost us about $17, but we gave him $20. Even though he was a rather depressed cab driver lol.) We checked into Ohana' around 9:20 for our 9:50 Ohana ressie.. our buzzer went off within less than 5 minutes. We were seated by the window with a view of the castle *cried a little* & they started bringing out our food! Next thing we know, the restaurant lights dimmed down & holiday wishes started playing! We looked over to the castle & saw fireworks!

IMG_7098.jpg

I had always dreamed of this happening for us, but I thought wishes was at 9.. so I was totally caught off guard! Talk about pixie dust! It could not have been more perfect! Our meal was absolutely wonderful.. best meal of the trip. Each course they brought out just got better and better. (Lets just take a second to appreciate how dang good those noodles are!!)

IMG_7101.jpg

Ohana will be a MUST do from now on.. possibly staying at the Poly next year too. The christmas decorations were absolutely adorable!! This was just a wonderful evening & an amazing way to start off the trip!

IMG_7110.jpg

IMG_7120.jpg

We made our way over to Disney Springs real quick before they closed.. went into the Christmas Shoppe & World of Disney. Attempted Ghirardelli, but couldn’t handle any more food haha. —And thats coming from someone who was most excited to eat ALL THE FOOD this trip LOL! (It also breaks my heart to report that I was unable to get a dole whip this trip. Stay tuned for why haha.)

Around 12:30 we headed back to AoA. The four of us ended up pulling an almost all-nighter (little did the three first timers know that this was a reaaaallllly dumb idea) & walked over to POP for a late night stroll. We came back at around 3:30 and we all crashed!​

Saturday, December 5th 2015 // PART 1
Early Mornings at Epcot & Via Napoli Review!

Well this day was interesting lol. I got up for about 6:20am.. a bit later than expected..but the entire group was out the door within 25 minutes..shower and all. We grabbed a quick breakfast at Landscape of Flavours.. everyone bought a muffin & a drink.. I bought the same but also did the ‘make your own yogurt bowl’! Standard parfait, nothing that I was too crazy about.

We hopped on the bus around 7:30, and had a pretty short bus ride over to Epcot! When we arrived there was maybe one other family there along with the pre-park ADR families. They opened the park at about 8:30 and we sprinted over to Soarin’ and were stopped right near innovations, where they held us until about 8:55am. They walked us all over to Soarin’ and we walked right on! —I actually haven’t rode Soarin’ in years.. wasn’t a fan at first..but times have changed! What an awesome experience. Didn’t realize that when you look down it is also covered by a screen.. so that was pretty cool. I could’ve sworn they had mist before when you went over the water.. but I guess I was wrong.

IMG_7157.jpg

After Soarin’ we ran over to Test Track.. while standing in line.. I noticed that there was no cars running on the track above us.. which was odd. Thennn about 20 minutes later we were ushered out of the line because my beloved TT was having technical difficulties. The newbies were all pissed off and gave me a pretty hard time about this lol. We made our way over to Mission Space, about a 5 minute wait. Two of us went on orange, but my friend and I chickened out and went on green LOL. Was not about to feel sick when the day had only started! Kinda regret it now because green was absolutely nothing. Literally just kinda moved you and that was it, so if you get the change to go orange.. do it.

We had about 30 minutes until the world showcase opened, so we made our way over to Club Cool. My favourite drink for sure is that veggie one! SOOO good.

First stop was Mexico. We waited at the pyramid for it to open, and walked in right away. We were there for a minimum of 30 minutes, it was adorable. We then walked over to the Mexico quick service ‘La Cantina de San Angel’ and bought some churros with the caramel dip. I was not suuuper impressed by these, but they were okay!

IMG_7182.jpg

Next up was Norway. We checked out the gift shop real quick, hahahah you’ll see those two fingers photobombing my friend.. one of the cast members stood behind him for a good minute as we were trying to take the picture, and went un-noticed by the guy posing for the picture haha. He walked off and laughed, just a little pixie dust. So cute!; We stopped in the 'Kringla Bakeri Og Kafe' for the school bread. The filling is SO good. For sure a great use of a snack credit if you’re on the dining plan.

IMG_7200.jpg

We then made our way over to the China pavilion, took some pictures, checked out the gift-shop and then made our way over to Germany. We stopped in 'Karamel Kuche' and I bought the Caramel Pecan Bar (Highly recommend!!) as well as the caramel corn. Both one of the best snacks I had all weekend! Lasted a while too. Something you for sure needed to pace yourself with haha.
We didn’t have much time to check out the gift shops, as we had a 12:30 Via Napoli reservation. Everybody (except me lol) was tired, worn out & just wanted to lay down. No one was even hungry haha. They didn’t expect the world to be this tiring haha! We were seated within 3 minutes of checking in & ordered right away. The service here was not too good, I felt forgotten about most of the time. That being said, the meal we had was absolutely AMAZING. I remember not being too crazy about Via Napoli the first time I had it, but this time it was just wonderful. We all agreed that it was the best pizza we’ve had in our lives. It was SO cheap too. We shared a double cheese, pepperoni Mezzo Metro. We each had about 3-4 slices each. Already have this booked again for our April trip!

IMG_7206.jpg

We decided that my three friends needed a break. 2/3 of them had the worn out 6 year old look to them, angry & tired haha. We walked through the rest of the world, attempted L’Artisans de Glace but were waaay too full haha. Felt like a long drag over to the golf ball but we made if back. I soo wanted to do spaceship earth, but they weren’t having it -_-

We decided to go to Hollywood Studios as originally planned and get in our RnRc fastpass. We made our way over there & they were all livened up again haha! We made our way over to Starring Rolls Cafe and bought an iced coffee. So wanted a cupcake, buuut it looked like a monster than I just didn’t feel like tackling haha.
We stopped in a couple of gift shops, then made our way back to AoA. The theme of the today seemed to be sending one person sprinting so we didn’t miss a bus or ride lol.

Stay tuned for PART TWO! We head back to Hollywood Studios for ToT, RnRc, the Osbourne Lights & a dinner at Sci-Fi Dine In!​

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter