How to surprise daughter

mastermind307

DIS Veteran
My daughter and I am been planning a mother/daughter trip for 2018 since we got back from our 2015 trip. That plan was put on hold when we had some unexpected expenses. DD also got braces so we (DH and I) decided to wait until we had more money in the bank account again before making the mother/daughter trip. We found out our dental insurance is going to pay their portion of DD braces. Our bank account has more money than DH thought it would after paying for everything so we decided if I found a good deal, I could book it.

I did find a good deal and now we're booked at the BWV May 29-June 5. I'm not telling DD until Christmas because I want to try and surprise her. I'm telling her we have to wait because of the expenses we had.

I need some ideas on how to surprise an 11 year old.

We're going to surprise ours by taking them to see Santa. He may or may not be giving us each a present. That present may or may not be a magic band. Mine don't know what magic bands are yet, but when they ask what they are and where they can use them, they'll figure it out. I'm sure you will figure it out. Good luck!

Maybe order some Disney goodies from a place like Etsy and package them up for Christmas morning? They have basically anything you could imagine, but a t-shirt or two and a reusable water bottle might be fun!

We had success with the scavenger hunt idea. Give clues to various locations around the house or yard. At each clue location have a piece of paper with a word or letter on it. Once all clues are found, the next challenge is to have them arrange them in the proper order to spell out something like "We're going to Disney World!"

Dan

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!