How to use BirdsOfPreyDave's DVC Signature Images

BirdsOfPreyDave

Disney Lover, DVC Member, SSR Fanatic
DIS Lifetime Sponsor
I've developed some DVC graphics as an option for DISboards users to display in their signature. Posts number 2-4 in this thread provide a library of images that can be used to construct a signature. Additional elements are available later in the tread in post numbers 8, 9, 10, 11, 16, 17, 18, and 19. Post number 5 gives directions on how to use these graphics to create your signature.

First, here are some samples of what the signatures look like...

DVC_Member_Left3_2005.png
DVC_BLT.png
DVC_SSR.png
DVC_BCV.png
DVC_Right.png

DVC_Member_Left-1.png
DVC_VB.png
DVC_Right2.png

DVC_Member_Left2_1993.png
DVC_BLT.png
DVC_Monorail-1.png

DVC_MonorailL-1.png
DVC_Member_Left-1.png
DVC_BLT.png
DVC_OKW.png
DVC_Monorail-1.png

DVC_Member_Left4.png
DVC_VWL.png
DVC_Separator.png

DVC_Member_Left-1.png
DVC_PVB.png
MyResortSquare.png

As you can see, the elements can be pieced together in any number of combinations to create a signature unique to your taste and ownership.

Library of Signature Elements
(Part Two - The DVC Resorts)

DVC_VWL.png
DVC_VGC.png
DVC_VB.png
DVC_SSR.png
DVC_SSR2.png
DVC_THV.png
DVC_OKW.png
DVC_HHI.png
DVC_BWV.png
DVC_BLT.png
DVC_BCV.png
DVC_ARS.png
DVC_ARS2.png
DVC_AKV.png
DVC_VGF.png
DVC_PVB.png

Library of Signature Elements
(Part Three - Miscellaneous)

Here are some other miscellaneous images for signatures, not necessarily related to DVC.

DisneyVisaSmall.png
DisneyVisaSmall2.png
DisneyVisaSmall3.png
DisneyVisaSmall4.png
DisneyVisaSmall5.png
DisneyVisaSmall6.png
DisneyVisaSmall7.png
DisneyVisaSmall8.png
DisneyVisaSmall9.png

WDW_Passholder.png
WDW_Passholder2.png

D23.png
DisneyShareholder.png
DisneyShareholder2.png

My_OL.png

DisneyVeteransLeft.png
DisneyServiceMembers.png
DisneyMilitaryFamilies.png

DisneyVeteransNavy.png
DisneyVeteransArmy.png
DisneyVeteransAirForce.png
DisneyVeteransMarines.png
DisneyVeteransCoastGuard.png
DisneyVeteransRight.png

How to use the images on the BirdsOfPreyDave web site to Create a Signature

Part 1: Opening the Signature Editor

1(a): If you don't already have DisBoards open, open it and log in, if necessary.

1(b): At the top of the DisBoards forum, look for a link that says "User CP" on the aqua line. This stands for "User Control Panel." Click it to access your control panel menu.
HowToMakeSignature016.png

1(c): Next, select the option to "Edit Signature."
HowToMakeSignature017.png

Part 2: Creating the signature

The signature editor works the same way as the editor you use for creating posts. To create the DVC signature, you'll piece together the different elements into a single picture the same way you piece together words in a sentence. Don't put any spaces or carriage returns between the images.

2(a): If you already have a signature, place your cursor in the location where you want the DVC image to appear. If you don't already have a signature, you'll have a blank page. Place your cursor at the top of the editing area.

2(b): Make sure the editor is in WYSIWYG (What-You-See-Is-What-You-Get) mode. This is done using the Switch Editor Mode icon at the top-right of the editor window (It's the icon that looks like two letter 'A' in a fraction, just above the :thumbsup2 smiley).

If this icon has a white box around it, and looks like this:
HowToMakeSignature028.png
, skip to step 2(d).

2(c): If the icon does not have a white box around it, click it with the left mouse button to toggle it on.

HowToMakeSignature026.png

HowToMakeSignature027.png

HowToMakeSignature028.png

2(d): Open the BirdsOfPreyDave signature library by clicking the following link with the right mouse button. Right-click this link., then select Open in New Tab from the menu that appears.

HowToMakeSignature029.png

2(e): Look through the signature elements listed, and select the one you want to add to your signature.

HowToMakeSignature033.png

2(f): Right-click on the picture you want, and select Copy from the menu that appears.

HowToMakeSignature030.png

2(g): Switch back to the window where you're editing your signature (a quick shortcut for switching between tabs in Internet Explorer is Ctrl+Tab). Place your cursor in the position where you want to place the graphic, then right-click with the mouse. Select paste from the menu that appears.

HowToMakeSignature031.png

The graphic will be added to your signature.

HowToMakeSignature032.png

4(h): Now, repeat steps 4(e) through 4(g) for the other images you want in your signature, placing them immediately after the one you just placed.

4(i): When you have your signature how you like it, press the "Save Signature" button.
HowToMakeSignature025.png

You've done it!

Thank you so much for all the information....I lost my signature and wasn't able to figure out how to get it back. This really helps me out a lot :cool1:. Now, I am off to recreate my Signature :goodvibes

Thank you very much for allowing us to link directly to your photobucket account!

Ok, I'll bow to the pressure from the purists and nostalgias who don't like the new logo. Here are some options with the two-mountain logo.

DVC_Member_Left3.png

DVC_Member_Left4.png

Which can, of course, be combined with the existing elements to make signatures like these...

DVC_Member_Left4.png
DVC_OKW.png
DVC_HHI.png
DVC_Right.png

DVC_MonorailL-1.png
DVC_Member_Left4.png
DVC_BLT.png
DVC_SSR.png
DVC_Monorail-1.png

DVC_Member_Left3.png
DVC_SSR.png
DVC_Right2.png

Again thank you for the images and thank you so much for doing this for us :goodvibes....you are so creative.

Love your step by step instructions, makes it so easy for those of us that aren't tech savvie. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter