How to visually represent a new membership as a Christmas present that can be opened?

citivas

Mouseketeer
Our new membership is (likely) closing today but given the time to record the deed and for Disney to process and send everything snail mail and the fact that it's a resale, I don't think we'll get anything from Disney before Christmas. That said, since this happened to close so near the holiday and our kids don't know about it yet, we wanted to make it a big present reveal for them.

Any good suggestions on how to best represent this gift visually? Monogrammed mouse ears? Framed picture of BLT (our home resort)? Posters? Something else? Needs to be something we can remotely order (if necessary) and safely have before Christmas.

Thanks.

Our new membership is (likely) closing today but given the time to record the deed and for Disney to process and send everything snail mail and the fact that it's a resale, I don't think we'll get anything from Disney before Christmas. That said, since this happened to close so near the holiday and our kids don't know about it yet, we wanted to make it a big present reveal for them.

Any good suggestions on how to best represent this gift visually? Monogrammed mouse ears? Framed picture of BLT (our home resort)? Posters? Something else? Needs to be something we can remotely order (if necessary) and safely have before Christmas.

Thanks.
No on the mouse ears, waste of money. Does DVD still send out DVDs showing all the resorts to encourage you to buy? That would be great--something to unwrap, and a chance to see your possible future vacation resorts, and get excited about which one next (after your initial stay at your home resort of course.) No on framed pic of BLT, waste of money too. What would you do with it after you open it? Can you order a DVC licence plate holder? https://www.shopdisney.com/disney-vacation-club-member-license-plate-frame-1387114 I just tried it, but didn't go through with purchase, but it never asked for my membership number. There are BLT luggage tags, shirts, etc. A BLT or DVC Christmas ornament could be fun.
A DVC picture frame to put a picture of your family in, and mark off the resorts as you visit them? https://www.shopdisney.com/disney-vacation-club-frame-1384845

Last edited:

Thanks.
How about a Disney Pin?
Here is one for DVC
https://www.shopdisney.com/mickey-mouse-disney-vacation-club-pin-1401210

At the parks they are selling a four pin set that includes Bay Lake Tower, Grand Floridian Villas, Wilderness Lodge, and Poly, but I was unable to find it online. Maybe try eBay.
DVC Pins.jpg

No on framed pic of BLT, waste of money too.

I would actually disagree with this. I bought a picture of BLT from the ShopParks app (I think) for about $30. I have it hung where I can see it when I get ready for work. It's a great motivator on those days when work seems less than high on the list of priorities that day. I work to play and having that pic where I can reminisce when I see it is a great representation.

I would actually disagree with this. I bought a picture of BLT from the ShopParks app (I think) for about $30. I have it hung where I can see it when I get ready for work. It's a great motivator on those days when work seems less than high on the list of priorities that day. I work to play and having that pic where I can reminisce when I see it is a great representation.
OP is looking for something for the kids to open and be excited about the new purchase. I doubt a picture of BLT will meet that intent. I doubt that would find that to qualify as a present. Kind of like giving a kid a picture of a bicycle and saying you will get the bike in 6-8 months.

I agree that I wouldn't waste money on something you/they will never use. If you simply want to make it a Christmas day surprise, photoshop your last name on this picture, print it out in colour, laminate it if you like, and wrap it up in a box. Use the money instead on a gift they will enjoy, whether it is Disney related or not.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-12-13 at 7.08.40 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-12-13 at 7.08.40 PM.png
    602.4 KB · Views: 18
I'd get a Disney Christmas ornament (like a ball, or Cinderella's castle) with this year's date on it, and a DVC pin for each child. There have been at least 4 different BLT pin designs over the years, so you may be able to find a different one for each child on ebay.

Disney used to send a vacation planning DVD, or DVC prospective purchase DVD, out free to anyone who asked. These would have been great additions to the box. However, I think they stopped sending physical media this year. It's all online only now.

When I first bought into BWV, I purchased an oil print of the boardwalk rendering and framed it .It holds a place of honor on my wall along with a multitude of family trip photos and a hand written IT All Started With a Mouse. I smile sitting down for dinner every night knowing I'm now the proud owner of 8oo pts bought at 1/3rd the going rate now. Best decision I ever made. I think a picture of your new home is a great way to start your collection of wall photos to celebrate your wise decision

We bought into BLT last spring. It's not a surprise for the GSs and they know we're going to WDW after Christmas '18.

To increase the anticipation and excitement, everyone is getting a special Magicband. It was fun picking out just the right MB for each member of the family.

I know the batteries have a limited life, but I figure we can replace the icons (is that the term?) When they run down.

Our first contract was BCV. I got the points right before Christmas. That Christmas, we got a lot of Beach Club stuff: shirts, pins, etc. But BLT is a little different, there isn't as much merchandise for BLT.

Lenox has some very nice (and expensive) Disney Christmas ornaments, some have the year on them. Might be a nice reminder of the year you bought DVC. Good Lucky and Merry Christmas!

We bought into BLT last spring. It's not a surprise for the GSs and they know we're going to WDW after Christmas '18.

To increase the anticipation and excitement, everyone is getting a special Magicband. It was fun picking out just the right MB for each member of the family.

I know the batteries have a limited life, but I figure we can replace the icons (is that the term?) When they run down.

Are there BLT-specific magicbands?

Are there BLT-specific magicbands?

I didn't see any resort specific Magicbands.

I looked for Magicbands on the online Disney store, eBay, and Etsy.

Disney online had the best prices. The Limited Editions (LEs) on the online store are often only available in the store and can't be ordered.

eBay has a much better selection because many sellers have previous Limited Editions (LEs). eBay prices are 15% to 300% higher than Disney!

Several sellers on Etsy offer hand painted Magicbands. Some of which are incredible, but are much more expensive.

In end, I got six on eBay and one from Disney online store. The biggest eBay markup I paid was $100 for a $43 LE (45th WDW anniversary with the train). That particular MB was listed as high as $150, so $100 was a bargain. :scared: That MB was listed as "out of stock" on Disney online.

I'm am very excited about these gifts - they should be a big hit!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter