How We Survived The Worst Disney Trip Ever - A Honeymoon TR - FINALE!!!!!

Hi TheLastPrincess!

I just found your report! I had remembered reading about your proposal, and spend the afternoon reading the entire trip report! What a crazy story! I am glad it all has a happy ending! I am a sucker for a happy ending! I hope you plan on writing a trip report after your land/sea adventure!

Hey!
Been lurking in the background reading all of your report. It was amazing... so sorry you got ill though, doesn't sound nice!
I smiled so big when I read your conclusion and when your DH said "she's back". I'm so happy you found the Disney Magic again :) best kind of magic there is!! :thumbsup2

[Fluffypants: I can't wait to tell DH what you said! We've never done a cruise before, and DH isn't sure if he'll like it or not. I know he will. Tell me, what is there to do on a 3-day? We're going to Castaway Cay and Nassua, but I've heard Nassua is a waste...is this true?

Nassau is ok. We spent the day at Atlantis in Paradise Island (not sure if that's still a shore excursion option or not). It was nice but, looking back, I'd rather spend a day on the ship (personally).

The REAL gems are the ship and Castaway Cay. If a genie granted me a wish to live anywhere on Earth - I would pick Castaway Cay . . . or, come to think of it, a Disney cruise ship. :love:

And not that you asked, but I HIGHLY recommend:
A couples cabana massage on Castaway Cay
A romantic dinner at Palo
Bruch at Palo (if they offer it on the 3 day)

The massage & Palo dinner are MUST-DO's for us on every Disney cruise.

Note: Be prepared to E-A-T at Palo (and on the cruise in general. . . your DH should like that!!)

Hope that helps. I am ready willing and able to discuss Disney cruises to your heart's content. My DH calls them "The Perfect Vacation". pirate:

PS - I hope they have the "Pirates in the Caribbean Party" on your cruise - it's GREAT!!

:laughing: :sad: :love: What an amazing TR! Especially that ending--the only good way to end a WDW TR is with the plans for the next trip.

Isn't it ridiculous that it costs so much more to go to DL than to WDW?

We did the 3 day Disney cruise a loooooong time ago, but I tend to agree with fluffypants. Nassau, for us, was only so-so. We did a glass bottom boat tour which was fun, and a bus tour which was awful. While I would love the chance to spend a day at Atlantis, 1) you've already paid for the cruise ship and all its amenities, 2) you only have 3 days on the ship, which isn't as long as it sounds and 3) port days on cruise ships are awesome, because crowds are so low.

We'll be at WDW in Sept, too, so we'll look for you!

Yay! You're going back! But it'll be MUCH better this time!

I'm excited to see a PTR/TR for this! I really wanted to do a Land/Sea for our coming up vacation, but somebody can't leave the country until his visa finishes getting renewed, so we won't risk it, in case it's not finished by this fall. But next time!

So I've never come to this forum before, and decided today I should check it out! What a great first report to read - your final thoughts brought tears to my eyes (along with when you and DH watched Wishes for the first time)

Thanks for taking the time to write this out!

YAY!!:banana: I'm so happy your back to loving Disney!!!
I was thinking about doing a land/sea package at that time as well, but free dining won over DH, so that is what we are doing!

I wanted to apologize for my last post, I thought you had responded to something I had said, but it was actually k_reile and I told you that your ticker gave away your surprise (as k_reile had a preggers ticker) I AM SO SORRY I accused you of being pregnant, please forgive me :worship: I"m obviously a bit of a space cadet :rotfl: On a side note, congratulations k_reile!!!

Good Lord woman! You had me crying there at the end!!

How exciting!! Another trip that is right around the corner. I too am a Cruise Line virgin so I am going to want to hear all about it!!

Great report:thumbsup2 Thanks for sharing. My husband and (at the time) DS7 were not excited to go to Disney last Feb for our first family trip. By the end, everyone agreed it was the best vacation we were ever on. We can't wait to go again in 10 mos:banana: :banana:

Aaaawww - you made me cry! Again! I cried when I saw your proposal and I cried at the end of your trip report! Darn it all, TheLastPrincess, stop making me cry! :rotfl:

Loved the ending, love how your DH has been converted, and love how you found the magic even in the "worst trip ever". Enjoy your cruise! :woohoo:

I just read the whole trip report and I loved it! I'm so sorry you were sick the whole time....I spent a great deal of the trip trying to fight off a cold while we were there the week of Christmas in dec. The cold ended up winning out and kicking my butt. I fell asleep anywhere and everywhere I could throughout the day. If we were on the bus I'd lean my head on df and snooze for a few or waiting for the parade i propped my legs up and put my head down on them and fell asleep. Its no fun. I watched the proposal video and it brought me to tears...I loved it! Df proposed to me at crt with the ring in the slipper. I'm glad I'm not the only one that dosen't really remember what was said during the proposal. :goodvibes I'm so glad your going back and I hope you are feeling better and I wish you lots of pixie dust as to not have another cold this time around. :goodvibes :wizard:

SO happy that I got my Disney fairytale ending! I hope you have a fantastic time, Colleen.

I'm taking DBF for his first time since he was really young (his first time in his memory) and I'm so nervous he won't catch the Disney spirit!

Colleen, I am so happy for you that you are going on a cruise. I too had tears flowing when you got your Disney spirit back! Take lots of Vitamin C before you go! No colds No UTI's Stay Healthy and I can't wait to read all about it! Are you doing a Pre-trippie? I would love to hear all the planning!
I have asked my in-laws to come with us on our next trip plus all of my family! So I think I have almost talked my brothers into coming, maybe my step mother. I know that my mother will be there, just waiting on Dh family to decide if they are coming. I know two of them won't go they are afraid to fly. I may have the other one talked into it!
Good luck on your next trip I can't wait to read!:banana:
pixiedust: pixiedust: Much pixie dust to you on your next trip!pixiedust: pixiedust:

I have read you entire TR and thought it was well done! :thumbsup2 Glad to see you haven't given up on Disney...you just went astray for a few months!

I was on a land/sea in Nov and had a blast! You can read about it in my TR which is linked in my siggie. :goodvibes

The one thing I have to say is the 3 nights at sea isn't near enough! :sad2: It works out to only 2 full days on the ship, one in Nassau and one in Castaway Cay. We did a dolphin encounter in Nassau, as we didn't want to spend the extra money for The Atlantis...however that is a beautiful resort. Castaway Cay was our favorite, as we had a gorgeous day and got to meet Cap't Jack Sparrow! We decided not to do Palo because we wanted to experience all 3 dining rooms.

As a reminder for the cruise, all of you need to have a passport. That was one thing that is a must!

Hey Colleen!

Sorry, I had lost track of your TR but then saw you over on Dan's (or should I say Parker's) thread and swung back by :goodvibes

I can see I have a BUNCH of catching up to do so I'll get to reading ;)

Have a great weekend! :banana:

I am so glad that the magic has returned. I can not wait to hear about your cruise. I would love to go on the Disney cruise ( been on 2 non-Disney ones). I just have to wait till the little ones get a little bigger.

Thanks for sharing

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!