How/where to sell Disney GCs?

winnieofpooh

DIS Veteran
Definitely learned our lesson on this one, but alas here we are. We bought about $3k worth of GCs to cover our Disneyland and Disney World trips this year. One was already canceled, and one is a 50/50 shot of being canceled. We could just hang on to the GCs for a future trip, but I honestly am not sure if we'll get back within the next 5 years, so I'd obviously prefer just to have cash. Has anyone had any luck selling their GCs somewhere? I know we'll take a bit of a loss, which at this point I'm okay with.

Definitely learned our lesson on this one, but alas here we are. We bought about $3k worth of GCs to cover our Disneyland and Disney World trips this year. One was already canceled, and one is a 50/50 shot of being canceled. We could just hang on to the GCs for a future trip, but I honestly am not sure if we'll get back within the next 5 years, so I'd obviously prefer just to have cash. Has anyone had any luck selling their GCs somewhere? I know we'll take a bit of a loss, which at this point I'm okay with.
I am sure you could unload this pretty easily. Have you combined them all or are they still separated? I bought a couple hundred dollars worth from someone posting on disboards FB. I sent him a PayPal F&F $20 to make sure he knew I was legit and then he sent me the GC numbers and I put them into my Disney gift card account and then I paid him the rest of the money. Took 5 minutes.
I transferred the “new” card balances to my main card and then deleted the numbers he gave me.

We decided to sell ours on ebay.. I got some empty cards and split up the amounts so they would be smaller amounts.
I sold $100 cards for 95 each buy it now.. free shipping.
I emailed the card numbers. I know it's a little work to break down the cards but I did not want to sell them off cheap.
You could throw it up there for what's on the card now just to see what happens

The only problem with selling on ebay is you pay the seller fee to ebay and you pay the fee to PayPal to receive the money. So figure another 13%ish loss ontop of what you sell them for.

I sold all of mine on FB market. I'm not sure if I was just selling right time right place or if there really is a market there for gift cards.

You could look into selling them on Raise.com. I've not sold on there, but have bought several gift cards without issues.

We decided to sell ours on ebay.. I got some empty cards and split up the amounts so they would be smaller amounts.
I emailed the card numbers. I know it's a little work to break down the cards but I did not want to sell them off cheap.
How did you split them up?

How did you “split” them into smaller cards?

How did you split them up?
I was wondering the same thing. On mydisney gift card, can’t you only add a card, delete a card, transfer balance (entire amount from one card to another). You can’t transfer specific amounts from one card to another, right?
I would love to know a place where you can split large amount into smaller cards.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!