How will isabel effect WDW?

adhdking

Earning My Ears
First time to WDW is coming up on the 20th. How will hurricane isabel effect WDW if it hits the Carolinas as the computer models are now showing? Will we get alot of wind and rain? Or is it far enough north to be out of the hurricane weather zone? I know WDW is not out of the woods yet, but getting closer every day. Thanks for the info.

If the National Hurricane Center track holds true, and they seem fairly confident at this point.... Florida and WDW will not be affected at all by Isabel.

Isabel is forecast to make landfall on the outer banks of NC and then up the coast of VA and right up the Chesapeake.

Welcome to the Dis adhdKing. :)
Hopefully all you will get is rain from Isabel. Since they are predicting her to hit up in NC, Florida should not have any bad effects. Lets hope so anyway. I hope you have a wonderful trip.

Whew... moved away from the Va Beach area just in time!;)

Looks like Florida dodged yet another bullet this year. Hope it keeps up.

As for those in the Outer Banks and along the Va coast. I certainly hope this storms turns northeast before it hits you. I still have relatives there, and don't want to see them pummeled by the wrath of Isabel.

Isabel shouldn't affect WDW, but those flying or driving in from the northeast to WDW may have some delays.

I've spent a lot of time around the outer banks... very fragile beach area. I'm sad that anyone, including the outer banks folks will likely be affected, but it certainly lowers the hassle factor for those of us headed off to WDW. Best wishes to whomever is affected by this seemingly very powerful storm.

Originally posted by dvcgirl
If the National Hurricane Center track holds true, and they seem fairly confident at this point.... Florida and WDW will not be affected at all by Isabel.

Isabel is forecast to make landfall on the outer banks of NC and then up the coast of VA and right up the Chesapeake.

Right up the Chesapeake and right to my house! LOL! Actually I just heard that it might just come straight to Maryland and bypassing everyone else. Lucky me! The last time a hurricane did that about 5 years ago we got 18 inches of water in a matter of hours and it totally wiped out our rec room in the basement. The furniture was floating. Lucky for WDW folks I think you are in the clear from this storm. Hopefully I will have an uneventful trio down there in October.

I live just outside of Ocean City Maryland. As the name applies,yes it is directly on the ocean. My DH and I just bought our dream home on the water ( we actually have a view of the ocean city coastline, so by boat it is about a 3 minute trip) They are predicting the lovely Isabel to hit us. The last time a storm this big hit us it created an inlet between Ocean City and Assateague Island. For those of you who have ever read Misty of Chincoteague...thats the storm we're talking about!! So lets hope she is a fickle female whom turns out to sea!!

Well, here I sit in "hurricane alley"- we seemed to get swiped by most of the hurricanes. The Weather Channel boys always get a room here on the water to film their updates of the storms. Best wishes to everyone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter