How will they dance the Tarantella for Italian 25th Wedding Anniversary??

pampam

DIS Veteran
In 2 weeks we will be going to a non formal 25th wedding dance, and I've just heard one of the dances the dj will play is the Tarantella. I'm a quick learner for dances. At such kind of party, how should I learn this dance? Do I need a partner? Should I just sit and watch?

If you're curious, I would go to Youtube, see if I could find videos.

When I was growing up, they ALWAYS played the Tarantella at weddings. Usually, though, it was my grandmother and a partner--if possible, one of her brothers. They were all Italian immigrants. Everyone else would watch, it was the one dance my grandma did, and she was center stage. It was a highlight of every wedding.

My husband's Aunt used to do this at every wedding. She'd have her napkin and would wave it above her head while dancing. While others might be on the dance floor, most people were just watching Aunt Patty. Gosh, I miss her. <3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter