How You All Doing

An interesting thing is you talk about schools opening up in the rest of the world. Here there was a strange reluctance to close them, seeing them as childcare above all else. Schools were kept open a week longer than they should have been and remained open for some groups throughout. They decided which year groups were going back based on how distracting they were for parents working from home.

Places that shut have to get risk assessments approved to be covid secure to reopen. It's interesting to see how these places have a different feel to those that were open throughout. Food shops, schools etc. It's like the pause the think, to reinvent. Teachers have had no time to pause, have been running at moving goalposts throughout.

Hello everyone
I hope you are all well and staying safe.

How are you all doing and did you cope ok through Lockdown. I know a lot of restrictions in England have been lifted, we are doing things a littke slower here in Wales which Im more than happy with.

Ive been furloghed now best part of 10 weeks and it could be another 3 weeks before Im back to work. I have missed all my frinds so much. Living on my own I found quite difficult through all of this but i go out just once a week to do my 85 years old dads shopping and thank god the weather has been amazing, and although I dont have a garden I do have a small balcony which has been very welcome.

Holidays all cancelled this year but I was extremly lucky to be at WDW last November and it was brilliant.

Hope everyone is doing well

Sue

I know it's necessary, but it certainly has been tough! I'm now at the point where I've been unfurloughed for 2 days a week but still working from home. I also live alone (with a cat) in a flat and had just started on anti-depressants a month before the pandemic hit, so it's been a real struggle. Especially as one of my coping strategies has been planning in things to look forward to, so the cancellations of various adventures and limited/non-existent real life interactions hit hard.

Now things are easing a bit and I can start immersing myself in next year's plans at least, that's helping.

Hope things are also getting better for you now!

So... how is everyone coping with the new firebreak lockdown here in Wales? Its going to feel like a long 17 days for few people i bet!
How are you doing if your on a tier 3 / tier 2 ?
we have had to cancel our break away again, hoping that when this firebreak finishes that it does reduce the numbers of cases of covid. I think this is going to be an ongoing situation here in Wales, looks like we will be having a rolling lockdown, with the next one due Jan/Feb time..

I had posted on here back when schools were reopening in the fall--being an American living in the midwest part of America (and a teacher) I was curious what it was like for you guys (school reopening, etc.--we did end up reopening in our area and we were wonderfully lucky for several months). I didn't realize you guys were in lockdown until I saw your post. Just sending love and positive energy your way. I don't think it matters which country you are in right now--we are all experiencing pandemic fatigue. In the US I will be so happy when our elections are over in early November as I am so tired of hearing the bickering and disagreements from both sides of our political parties. This is "added" to the COVID stress in the US :-(.

We are closely watching Europe because they say you guys are about a month a head of us now. We haven't really experienced the "waves" like you guys did (our overall cases have been high--but we do see these "breakouts" that happen in different parts of our geographically large country). For instance, our North East states were hit so hard (and it seemed so much deadlier back in the spring) then we saw our southern states spike in the summer, and now its a lot of our western states ramping up again. We've been reporting record numbers again (I am in Ohio and in the HS I teach in we had nearly 30 of our 150 or so staff out on quarantine last week, our state Governor has threatened last week if we don't get it under control we might have to close schools down again) sadly. It feels like when the cases go down--people let their guards down.

I am curious with you guy's second wave--are you seeing less death than the first time? What is talk of vaccine over there? Are your schools all virtual or were they able to open back up in person? I find the longer this goes on, the more challenging it is to remain positive.

On Disney notes--we have 2 extreme views here, lol...we have WDW in Florida that is increasing park hours, offering spring discounts and planning to get more people in----then you have the opposite political extreme of DL in California where they won't even allow DL to reopen--and tend to go more the total lockdown perspective.

We had a March trip booked to WDW--now I am so torn as to when to reschedule (as it isn't looking terribly hopeful we will be out of this mess anytime soon)...beginning summer? End Summer? Christmas? Stay safe all--

Lockdown here in Wales isn't affecting me that much, as I've been working from home since March and only need to get out shopping really. However, it's stopped me from seeing my partner over the border. Also, nervous time here as the place where I work wants to cut jobs by 20% next month - my role has been targetted. Covid is cited as the reason (university - reduced international students) but actually this is the third round of job losses in as many years, covid coupled with Brexit and "previous financial decisions" are all a factor. I feel we came out of the first lockdown too early, people wanted their summer holiday and for the "economy to open" (egged on my the press and the "freedom fighters"...) but it was treated as though it had all passed. Too many people not treating it seriously and carrying on as they always have done.

Deaths have been lower in this second wave so far. There's no definite talk of vaccines, a lot of rumours, especially in those bits of the press that are sympathetic to the government, but I'll believe it when I see it. Medical experts have always said a vaccine is a long way off.

I was was supposed to be jetting off to WDW in a fortnight but obviously that's not happening, and it's difficult to see when things can improve. I think the Welsh government has done the right thing, lock down hard right now for a while, it's really the only chance we've got of any sort of Christmas. But come Christmas, you're going to have people saying "Oh, they can't stop us meeting our family and friends, we'll do what we like..." and it's all start again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!