Howard Johnson Maingate West

MelodyTime

Mouseketeer
I have a friend who will going to WDW in April and is thinking of staying at Howard Johnson Maingate West. She got a good deal but is wondering about condition of the rooms, security (she is a single mom), ease of transportation to and from the parks. We usually stay on-site and the only experience that we've had with off-site (Ramada Inn Maingate) was absolutely horrible so I was hoping that someone could help out with how this hotel stacks up! Thanks

Melody

I stayed here and I am a single Mum too!

I thought it was great for an economy hotel.

Straight down the 192 then on to Disney no probs, took about 10 mins. McDonalds real close and a v. good steakhouse
across the road, I think it was called JTs.

I have also stayed at Hawaian Econonlodge, Hyatt on 192 and the Ho Jo West was way better, nice staff, clean & very security conscious.

Friends of mine have stayed and thought it was fine too

Hope she has a fantastic time.

Deb

for 8 nights and had a terrific time as well. The location is perfect and just a skip away from the WDW parks as well as nearby great fantastic family restaurants and shopping. Our room was very clean, comfortable, and spacious. Housekeeping was friendly along with efficient everyday; the front desk staff was always courteous. There is neat tropical themed pool and a little playground area in the front; outside property was well maintained. I highly reccommend it and would definitely return. Hope this helps.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter